I used to be into racing games years ago and fell out of them. Now I'm getting back into them for some reason... and I find that I don't like the control even with an analog stick on my xbox controller for Windows.

I was thinking about picking up a racing wheel, but usually they're so expensive, and then I'd have to read all the reviews, and then I have to wonder if it'll fit on my desk, blah blah blah.

So, with such a wonderful, eclectic variety of gamers here, I figured I'd tap the knowledge of the community and ask if anyone can recommend a decent racing wheel for a Windows 7 PC for around $100 - $125. I don't want to spend more than that unless I really have to. I don't need top of the line, but I don't want a piece of crap, either. If I have to increase my budget because prices really have changed that much since I last looked, please tell me.

Also, my desk has a curve to it, so the wheel will have to be able to attach to the desk securely where it curves... not sure if that's a problem for some wheels. (It's very similar to this desk on the Ikea website: curved desktop I actually face toward the back corner as I'm seated in the curved part of the desk.

I don't necessarily NEED force feedback or anything, but it has to have some weight to it and not feel cheap and plastic-y.

Thanks for any opinions/reviews you can share. I'll probably be buying from Amazon. Yay, 'murica.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Buy a car, steering wheel included

9 years ago

Zing! rimshot

he's here all night, folks! ;)

9 years ago

Logitech G25/G27 were once thought to be good, thought they are way over that budget.

9 years ago

Yeah, I've been seeing those... good force feedback and such. I may need to up my budget.

Looking at pre-ordering Grid Autosport.

9 years ago

Better buy Assetto Corsa...

I have G27, it's really good wheel with shifter. Pedals are masterpiece (for that price).

9 years ago

Yep. It rocks.

9 years ago

I don't have any experience with wheels, but it might be as they say, you will buy the cheap one and the good one or just good one.

9 years ago

MOMO/Driving Force GT?

9 years ago

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia, if you want profi wheel, Logitech Driving Force GT or G25, G27.

9 years ago

9 years ago

Yes.

9 years ago

Thrustmaster wink wink xD

9 years ago

This is a little bit over what your desired range is but when I was looking at racing wheels this was one that I was considering. It has a lot of positive reviews and seems pretty well built. The only drawback (at least for me) is that it utilizes a sequential shift.

9 years ago

For that budget, the Logitech Driving Force GT is probably one of the best options, but it lacks a clutch pedal (although that's hardly a problem, very few racing sims simulate a proper clutch).

Side note: 4-5 years ago I managed to find a G25 for 145€ new, in a german shop, but to this day I haven't seen any offers like that.

9 years ago

For that budget, the Logitech Driving Force GT is probably one of the best options, but it lacks a clutch pedal (although that's hardly a problem, very few racing sims simulate a proper clutch).

Side note: 4-5 years ago I managed to find a G25 for 145€ new, in a german shop, but to this day I haven't seen any offers like that.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by MatrixRaven.