The good, the bad, what did you bought, what did you miss... Steam, GMG, Gamersgate, Amazon, Origin, GoG or any other distribution platform.

Personally, I bought a few games that where sitting on my wishlist for a while, Awesomenauts (pretty amazing MOBA), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (slashy slashy and stabby stabby), CS:Global Offensive (I think we all know what that is), Civ V GOTY plus a ton of Fortix and Bad Rats for friends on Steam. Also got FTL and Giana Sisters on GoG. Pretty disapointed I din't pick up Sleeping Dogs (when it was 91% off), XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Gods and Kings Expansion on GMG and Scribblenauts on Amazon.

Overall, it was a good winter sale, spent a few euros, got a few games that we'll keep me occupied for a while. What about you?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Sleeping Dogs 91% off? when and were? what price was it then? just curious :)

1 decade ago

$4.49

1 decade ago

holy.. would sooo have gotten it for this price!

1 decade ago

2$ in Ukraine.

1 decade ago

It was a pricing error at the start of the encore sale.

1 decade ago

I think they faild not to put on sale Fallout NV, Flatout, Prototype 2, Game of thrones and some other...

1 decade ago

Prototype Franchise has been on sale, GoT also if i'm recalling that correctly.

1 decade ago

Fallout sale is missed, you're right

1 decade ago

Game of Thrones has been on 75% off the entire sale and still is, it just happens that the base price is £45 meaning with 75% off it costs like £11 something

Edit: My bad, it isn't anymore, but yea it was 75% off the ENTIRE 2 weeks

1 decade ago

Prototype was on sale, but you might have missed it cause it is not available in some region

1 decade ago

Disappointed that fallout 3 wasn't on sale for the $5 it usually has been. Other than that I managed to snag borderlands 2 season pass for $7.5 and Batman Arkham City for $4.8 among others. These were my favourite bargains of the sale.

1 decade ago

For some reason, Fallout 3 GOTY on Gamersgate is half the price it is on Steam. I got it on sale (75% off) for €2.49.

1 decade ago

Did you receive a key for it?

1 decade ago

I did yeah

1 decade ago

Yep. This was before the Bethesda bundle glitch. It was just a regular sale price.

1 decade ago

same, amazing deal!!!

1 decade ago

I bought some Games, that i really was looking forwawrd to. E.G Giana Sisters at Steam, and Serious Sam 3 with a few Expansions. My favourite is/are the two Monkey Islands that are available in Steam. All in all i spent about 25€ and got some really nice Games.

1 decade ago

It was quite a disappoint, not necessarily because the sales were bad, but because they were all repeats. With relatively few exceptions, they were all sales we saw in the Thanksgiving Weekend sale. On top of that, some of Steam's prices were absolutely crushed by Amazon and even GreenManGaming.

I picked up a few great games in the sale, but it's still not up to par with Steam's previous history.

1 decade ago

Galactic Civ Franchise for $6.24...always had these wishlisted and finally got em.
Most of my other purchases were Amazon and got Gods and Kings for $3 something on GG.

1 decade ago

I didn't buy anything :)

1 decade ago

I bought like 30 euros. For me it was good, the first "big" promotion, since I'm here since August. But there were some things that really disapointed me, like they putted games like Borderlands 2 like 5 times in the promotions, in the Flash, Daily, Vote, etc.

1 decade ago

Total War Battles for 1€, what a crap, micro transactions in a game you pay for, geeesh...
R.U.S.E. for 2.5€, didn't try yet, can't be that bad
NFS:Hot Pursuit for 5€, great stuff, PC is cheating but it's still very enjoyable, could use AA though...
I also got RO2 on GMG for cheap and HiB, all in all that's bound to be enough for a month or three.

I was expecting to see AvP and Supreme Commander 2 on sale and I hoped to see The Walking Dead a bit more discounted but I can't have it all right?

1 decade ago

idk waht with u guys but i bought 3 games on sale and waht im really enjoying from now its dungeon defenders...cheap n good

1 decade ago

It was okay, spend a handful of money, not too much. Bought Saints Row The Third full package, Hotline Miami, All Zombies Must Die bundle pack and some more. Fly'n, Krater CE, Payday, Scoregasm. And a few more.

1 decade ago

I missed the HL2+HL2.1+HL2.2 sale :((

1 decade ago

this was also there (but only in terms of a Flash Deal): all half-life titles for 10€

1 decade ago

I missed the HL2+HL2.1+HL2.2 sale :((

I know that!

1 decade ago

oh, sorry then for making it huuuurrrrt even moaaaarrr :C

1 decade ago

I bought Universe Sandbox.

1 decade ago

Sleeping Dogs redeemed it. Otherwise the amount of repeats really put a hamper on the sale entirely. It was the first sale ever when I wasn't excited to check the store each day.

Most of my money went to Amazon.

1 decade ago

I have to agree with you. Having seen almost all of the titles available on sale before (most of them even at the same discounts), I wasn't excited (or even that interested) in each day's special deals.

1 decade ago

And Sleeping Dogs was an error. Most of the games I bought on Steam were old ones I could have gotten cheaper elsewhere, but I wanted to have them on Steam (TR: Anniversary, R6 Vegas, FarCry2 etc). So in the end, Steam got most of my sales, with Gamersgate second, then Amazon and GMG last.

Disappointed there was no 75% off for Condemned. Maybe next time.

1 decade ago

Me too. I thought the steam sale was really weak. No variety from previous sales, and the games I actually want were no more than 50% off.

1 decade ago

Still hating myself for missing the Sleeping Dogs price glitch. At least I got myself some Arma X :P

Bought a lot of games, and I'm pretty sure they'll keep me busy for a while.

1 decade ago

Bought games for like 45€
Sleepings Dogs
COD:MW2
Bastion
Assassins Creed 2
Hotline Miami
Awesomenauts
and a few low price games like Monkey Island and Rainbow Six Vegas
wanted to keep it around 20€, but couldn't stand some deals :/

1 decade ago

Amazon's got the best deals, but for some reason I'm in love with GoG. Maybe its because they're an underdog, or maybe its because they have all the classics I grew up on. Funny enough, I didn't buy anything from GoG, but I was extremely tempted to get their Dungeons & Dragons compilation.

Bought: I Am Alive, Saints Row The Third - The Full Package, Tantalizing THQ Medley, Hotline Miami, 2K Strategy Super Pack, Desert to Sea Bundle, Crazy Machines Bundle, Humble Bundle 7 BTA.
Total spent: ~$43 USD

1 decade ago

I bought Far Cry and Audiosurf. I'm still trying to trade a copy of KF Bundle for me and my friend, cause I missed it...
Too bad I missed Sleeping Dogs glitch... :/

1 decade ago

the good... welll... i helped a few people get around steams regional pricing, so that made me feel good. also managed to get assassins creed.

the meh... kinda failed on everything else i set out to get. missed out on trading for darksiders 2, missed out on assassins creed brotherhood deluxe, missed out on cod world at war and skyrim dawnguard.

the bad... gamersgate. my first and last experience with them. even people NOT caught up in their bethesda/borderlands 2 thing, have been effected by gamersgates lack of professionalism or customer care by selling games they dont have keys for...

1 decade ago

Kinda poor sale, especially on Steam side. I don't think any Winter Sale prices were better then Novermber Sale. Other stores put much nicer pricing then Valve (Amazon, GMG, even GamersGate without it's mistakes made some nice deals, especially for EU, since sometimes co.uk was cheaper then .com).

Right now only reason to buy something from Steam would be Russian store or TF2 items. If it's region locked, you can easily find better deals elsewhere (especially when you're from Poland - muve.pl made some really nice deals, but they know how much we earn, unlike Steam... as example - retail CoD is for around 30euro and that's deluxe/nuketown version...).

Really, I hope Valve will pay those indie guys to make some DLCs (or maybe even get some DLCs for AAA games?) that can be won for Summer Sale along some achievements, bringing back fun and disallowing abuse in same time.

1 decade ago

I don't think Valve will redo the achievement hunting sales, thanks to the idiots who abused the Humble Bundle.
Even if I would like to have some AHS back... it was pretty fun to do with friends...

1 decade ago

They can bring Achievements. They would have to do it Summer-Sale style - predefined rewards that goes straight into library instead of random games.

That way no abuser would bother getting 100 tickets when all he can get for them is untradable Bay-watch-style swimsuit for some DOTA2 character and untradable weapon skin for CoD...

1 decade ago

• Bioshock 1
  • Bioshock 2
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Borderlands GOTY
  • Borderlands 2
  • Hotline Miami
  • Serious Sam 2
  • Serious Sam HD Gold Pack
  • The Longest Journey
  • Far Cry
  • Dawn of War Franchise (26 items)
  • Oblivion: GOTY
  • Stronghold Complete Pack
  • Ghost Recon + Island Thunder + Desert Siege
  • Space Channel 5 Part 2
  • Sonic Adventures DX
  • Crazy Taxi
  • SEGA Bass Fishing
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Rainbow Six: Lockdown
  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Total: $47.49

Yeah, so fucking cheap. Congratz me (???) lol.

And win some giveaways:
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
IndieGame: The Movie
Sniper Elite V2
Shank 2

1 decade ago

Went a bit mad on the sales, caught the Sleeping Dogs glitch. See here for my activations.

Bought Darksiders Franchise on Amazon with $5 off, and then Hotline Miami in 2013 with their credit again. Should have bought Scribblenauts from Amazon as well, but I chose not to...

Stupid thing I did, accidentally pasted my DMC4 key in the Trader's Guild, having bought it cheap with my trade-ins on GMG. Bought another copy for myself.

Sales were full of repeats, but the big surprise was the software was discounted, which rarely happens in the real world. Still sad I missed the RPG Maker flash deal.

1 decade ago

I accidently gave a guy looking for Nexuiz a key for Hotline Miami..

1 decade ago

I only bought RAGE and Just Cause 2 DLCs from the Steam sale. I bought Hitman: Absolution for $20 on Amazon though and I'm loving the game.

So I'm not disappointed one bit.

1 decade ago

Final thoughts: it sucked. It is also the first Steam Sale I didn't buy any game from.

1 decade ago

felt dumb not getting sleeping dogs when it was £2.67

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by NoSideStep.