Ignore cost- which one would you recommend playing?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Just get Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons / Ages from the Virtual Console on 3DS.

IMO, the 3D games are playable at best. I admit to not playing SS or MM though (no Wiimote + and not willing to pay for MM).

1 decade ago

Wow, you're still pretty active apparently. I got Link's Awakening on my calculator a while back and made it through a couple of dungeons before accidentally deleting my save file. I need to start over again with that.

1 decade ago

Yeah, got no life. :P

I'm actually playing Twilight Princess at this time since I found a cheap copy for Wii, but while it has some interesting puzzles, I'm not able to keep with it for more than an hour at a time. Can't get addicted to it.

1 decade ago

TI-83 emulators were the best.

1 decade ago

I preferred the TI-86 emulators. Also, I learned how to program on the TI-85 (its predecessor) :D

1 decade ago

I've heard the 3D version is better, also the Water Temple there is not that hard there. :p

1 decade ago

3D if only for the minor improvements. I recently replayed the original (via Gamecube disk on the Wii) and it held up fine if you were worried about that. The Water Temple issues are overblown IMO.

1 decade ago

I'd personally either play the GameCube variant (the one that comes with WW's Limited Edition), or the 3DS one. Really ceebs buying a N64.

1 decade ago

There was also a Virtual Console version of the N64 games, as well as several other games in the series. I own Ocarina of Time there myself.

1 decade ago

3D. Minor texture improvements, minor changes to the water temple, master quest, etc...

1 decade ago

"..minor changes to the water temple.."?

Like what?

1 decade ago

I've played both and I don't think there's any main issues with it. I like the new look for sure and getting master quest when you beat the 3ds version is delicious icing on an already delicious cake. There's a new boss rush mode but I haven't done much with that. There's a new hint system that is programmed into these stones so you wont have to bust out the walkthrough as much. I beat the water temple pretty easily in this version but that might be because I remembered what to do. If your 3ds needs games then you cant go wrong with this one.

1 decade ago

what is the problem with water temple?

Played on N64 that time...cant remember any issue.

1 decade ago

People complain that water temple it's too hard i believe it's that :\

1 decade ago

You have to keep pressing start and going to the menu to change boots is annoying. In 3ds the boots are an item as in like c slots like the later zeldas. Not so much about the difficulty. It was just annoying.

1 decade ago

Never played the 3D one but the original is great! (at least if you play with an original N64 controller :3 )

1 decade ago

3D one easier camera movement, and being on 3ds gives you the advantage of playing wherever you want

1 decade ago

id say the 3DS one i own both its just nice having it on the go and having the master quest is great.

1 decade ago

I highly enjoyed the original on N64. Beating it many times.
And the 3DS version is the updated version of the original, so why not?

P.S. I never found Navi annoying or the Water Temple hard. Don't know what people are talking about. :p

1 decade ago

For me it's the original.... simply because i'm not very fond of the nintendo 3ds or handhelds in general .... IMO way to overpriced here in germany

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by MysteriousSir.