Why do I sometimes have more than 400 points? I've tried to find the answer to this on multiple occasions, but never found it. I always assumed it was a refund of a giveaway that got removed.

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

You assumed correctly. ;)

2 years ago

Yes, that's exactly why.

2 years ago

You also can get more than 400 if you remove a giveaway.

2 years ago

To be exact there are two most possible options:

1. Someone deleted giveaway and you got points back
  2. You won a giveaway, so you got kicked from any other giveaway of the same game - and you got points back.
2 years ago

+3. you activated a game you had entered a giveaway for and synced your library

2 years ago

That should be number 2, since you don't get points back when you win a giveaway.

2 years ago

Sure you do. I won a copy of Tales from Neon Sea a few weeks ago. I was entered in about 9 or 10 other draws for the same game and got about 150 points back from my other entries being automatically removed. I was well over 500 for a while...

2 years ago

ou win a game while having other active giveaway entries for that same game. In this case the site will automatically remove those entries to prevent the possibility of you winning the game twice, and the points will be refunded.

I stand corrected.

2 years ago

4th reason: you have 400 points but removed your entry from another giveaway

2 years ago

you can also hoard points. to do so enter all the giveaways that last as long as possible until youre close to 0 points, then when the points reaccumulate, enter more giveaways that last a long time. then before all those giveaways end, exit those giveaways so you can hoard up to 1000+ more points when theres some bundle and everyones giving away that same game(s) that you wanna enter :D

2 years ago

Not very helpful while my points usually at 400P

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by MonsieurSkull.