Ok, the winner of my POSTAL giveaway just messaged me saying that the key I gave him was a duplicate. I didn't believe him so I checked it for myself on my steam account, and sure enough, it was. I got that key from recent bundle stars deal, and I do not believe that it will be a duplicate key, since I trust them. I made sure to check his account and it wasn't there.

It was suspicious because he took so long to respond to my message and friend request, even though he was online. I don't know what to do...

BTW, I sent the key via his email on steam gifts.

I've decided to get another POSTAL key, but if it happens again, then I will make another thread.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Its entirely possible that they activated it on another account or a friend's account, assuming the key was initially good.

9 years ago

I don't know. Can you check which account the key was activated on?

9 years ago

Is it possible that you used it for your own account and forgot?

If its possible, there's a way to find out, but otherwise, no.

9 years ago

Nope, you can check my account... D:

9 years ago

I just figured you already had it and that's why you were giving it away.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do. You can't really prove that it was valid, and the key clearly doesn't work.

Out of curiosity, did the winner have zero CV? Leechers of ill repute are a big reason that I always do a minimum CV requirement.

9 years ago

Yeah I figured it wasn't a game that I would enjoy, so I gave it away. And yes, he did have 0 CV.

9 years ago

Live and learn, unfortunately. You can try appealling to Support and see if the giveaway could be deleted entirely (it might help to show that you purchased it screenshot), but otherwise you'll have to accept the negative rep or purchase another copy.

The Bundle Stars Reboot Bundle 6.0 is $2.99, so at least you wouldn't have to repurchase something expensive.

9 years ago

I guess that's one way... But buying it from bundle stars again as a key could mean he could theoretically repeat the same thing...

9 years ago

But if I do delete this giveaway, will I be locked out from making giveaways? Because I already have two giveaways that were deleted prior because I didn't read the rules.

9 years ago

If all of your giveaway slots are taken up by deleted giveaways, you can petition Support for more.

Personally, I'd just eat the $2.99, buy the bundle so you can complete the giveaway. Use whichever keys from the bundle interest you, and give the rest away on public CV giveaways. Burn someone's house down with those combustible lemons!

9 years ago

okay :D

9 years ago

Buy a new game.

9 years ago

I ain't going to buy a new copy unless I am certain that the key was originally duplicate.

9 years ago

You can't be 100% sure. If you are giving a game there is always a risk that the winner give the game to someone else and he wants from you another copy. However there is always a possibility that you give the game to someone else and forget about it. You can ignore him and get negative rep or you could get him a new game. Your choice. It's always a risk when you want to do a giveaway.

9 years ago

Huh... I am never going to giveaway steam keys ever again...

9 years ago

you don't have to quit entirely, just don't make them public and add even a penny of CV, to keep some of the baddies out

9 years ago

I guess D:

9 years ago

blacklist might not be a bad idea, but there is that chance that your key was used already in some way out of your control

9 years ago

True.

9 years ago

I'd say the chance of it being a duplicate is much lower than the chance of him claiming the key on another account. Is the user who won reputable and well known in the SG community? If not, I won't suggest to buy another copy. Report the user and record a video with fraps of you using the key on another steam account as proof it was already used.

9 years ago

I don't know. That doesn't say much except that the key was used, not where it was used D:

9 years ago

This is (one of) the reason why I won't ever make a giveaway here again. Too many bad apples out there. Donating game here means just CV increase after all - no biggie for me.

9 years ago

Just do private giveaways and CV giveaways. That's enough to weed out most of the bad apples.

9 years ago

Show support that you purchased the game, and try to send bundle stars an email about the issue.

I personally don't believe that guy one bit, doesn't seem right at all. But then again, bundle sites are known for sending out invalid keys.

9 years ago

Really? I've never had an issue with them before D:

9 years ago

Its rare, but it has happened. Usually, it happens in bunches, though. Like an entire batch of bad keys from a publisher.

9 years ago

That was the only key though, I gave my friends the rest and they had no problem with it.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by jjsyue8193.