...and can a new user win at a rate of one GA a day (on average) without selling his/her soul to the RNG devil?

O.GA

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Title would be possible, yes. Join any gib, good or bad. Not sure about win rate, the person must be real lucky then.

8 years ago

He/she really is lucky, because most of the giveaways are in the range of 50 to 200 entries.

8 years ago

Why not? Every few hours you will get 300 points.

8 years ago

I checked my entry, it is about 500 per week.

8 years ago

Well everyone has 300P right? So it shouldn't make a difference, you can't enter more GAs by using a bot. Just stick to the cheap ones ;) should increase Chance to win too, because cheap Games usually have less entrants.

8 years ago

No, you can't enter more GAs with 300 points, but points recover in time, and a bot can continue to enter when there is enough points, while a human may forget or get lazy :P

8 years ago

Depends how much of a life outside of SG said person has.

8 years ago

Why not? :p If you spend points in the bundle games avoiding AAA titles, sure you can :p

8 years ago

I think you mean cheap games, not necessarily bundled ones. A 20P bundled game should consume the same amount of point as a 20P non-bundled one. I believe the difference between them only comes into play when CV is calculated.

8 years ago

Yeah, my bad :p

8 years ago

I guess it's very possible !

8 years ago

Yes.
Yes.

8 years ago

Umm yeah that's not very hard. You could do it in 2-3 days if you chose the right giveaways. So 1000 in one week is hardly a feat.
The devil always wins.

Welcome to SG! /sarcasm

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Well, we should create achievement here. Enter 1000 giveaways in 24 hours :) Points are not a problem, especially after popular bundle. Finding enough number of cheap giveaway - here might be. But I think it's possible.

8 years ago

I wonder how many entries you could rack up in a week if there would be a suitable flood of bundle games. They'd have to be cheap so entries wouldn't take many points and the constant rate of the flood would keep generating more. Just need a very determined clicker who really wants to win something.

8 years ago

I think it would be more important that the game would have a cheap current Steam price than being bundled. 1P non-bundled games would better support this goal than 5P bundled games...

8 years ago

Yes, but if it were both recently in a bundle and cheap, you would have a steady supply of that cheap game to enter and the bundle flood would keep generating points because everyone would be giving those away at the time. Then it would be just a matter of how long you feel like clicking on those giveaways.

8 years ago

I've won 16 in the last 21 or so days, not quite 1 a day, but not far off.

8 years ago

Yes, but you are L4 so have access to more giveaways and with better odds, while said user is L1. Still impressive! :-)

8 years ago

Some days, I see so many giveaways I want to win that I run out of points.

Other days (like today) I have close to 300 points left over at the end of the day because none of the giveaways look all that interesting to me.

I could enter 300 giveaways for 1-point games... but why bother? I wouldn't enjoy them, so I let people who'd actually enjoy the prize win. I guess some people think differently and try to win as many games as they can, regardless of whether they'll actually play them :P

8 years ago

In your case, I can recommend stockpiling points on those days where you have overflow by entering some of the long running giveaways so you can draw from the bank (by leaving those giveaways again) on those days where you see a lot of games that you'd like to enter for. A lot of people seem to use this possibility to manually store their points when they are about to hit the cap :)

8 years ago

That's a neat trick! I'm not sure if I'll ever use it because I almost never use my 300 points, but doesn't hurt to know :-)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

depends on how often you visit and what you join, I think it's definitely possible

8 years ago

Unlikely, but definitely within the realm of possibilities. :)

8 years ago

I've seen both disgusting rule-breakers and admirable, generous individuals, whom have achieved the second question, or close enough thereto.
I'm not sure of the first :P

8 years ago

i can't even enter 100 times per week *facepalm*

maybe i should get a bot...

8 years ago

Or just continue to do what you're doing. Only entering giveaways of games you actually want doesn't require more than a few daily visits to this site... yes, I know none of us visit this site only a few times a day, but to quote Tzaar above, it's "definitely within the realm of possibilities" ;-)

8 years ago

Title - Possible, if they enter to games which need only 1-2 points.
And - Possible, especially if they joined very generous group full of members who have big Steam libraries.

8 years ago

Well in this case the wins are in the range of 5 to 10 points, and none is a group or whitelist GA. They are all public or invite-only GA, most in the range of 50 to 200 entries.

8 years ago

Wow, I must say that's the blessing of RNG. @.@
Now I'm curious. You said they were new, were they also level 0?

8 years ago

Level 1 with a single 1P giveaway.

8 years ago

If a bot was able to enter 1000, the underlying user could have done the same, since they have the same amount of points. The only advantages of using a bot (other than not having to be present which you have no chance of knowing) is that you avoid point loss during sleeping/work but if you compare that with a really active user this is a marginal difference. So if the underlying user was super active, it's reasonable to assume that he/she would have been up to 80-90% as efficient as the bot (even more if the user can access SG from work and/or sleeps less than average). In practice you can't deny that the user could have been just as active as the bot, and in this scenario, if the bot had points enough to enter 1000, so could the user.
I agree a constant average of 1000 per week sounds impossible (for both bots and non-bots) given the amount of points is roughly 4000 per week so you'd really have to filter cheap giveaways. But for a single week it's highly possible, none the less due to the fact that there are ways to store points to draw from for later use.

8 years ago

"store points to draw from for later use"

I can think of one way to do this; store points in long-dated GA:s, and retrrieve needed points by removing those entries.
Any more ways?

8 years ago

Actually I think it's the only way. I made my statement ambigous on purpose since I can't say for sure if others exist, but if they do I think they'd be based on glitches and not something we'd be allowed to do anyway.

8 years ago

1. Let's count. 1000/7=143 (around). Let's say I'm awake 12 hours a day (actually more). 143/12=12 (around). Entering 12 giveaways in a hour is not much, so I would say it's possible, and answer is "Yes"
  2. As I'm a priest of Random, I can tell you - Random, our heavenly father, possess all in the universe, so your soul is belong to him already. So, answer is "Yes", it's within the range of probability. There is no God but Random and Gauss is his Prophet!
8 years ago

I'm a nerd who had some free time. So, let's continue the formula.

Entering a 200 entries giveaway, you have 0.5% chance to win one.
For entering 143 giveaways per day, each with 200 entries, the chance to win at least one game is in this formula.

1/200 - won the first one
plus (199/200 x 1/200) -> lost the first one but won the next one
plus (199/200 x 199/200 x 1/200) -> lost the first 2 but won the 3rd
plus (199/200 x 199/200 x 199/200 x 1/200) -> lost the first 3 but won the 4th
plus ......
plus (199/200)^142 x 1/200

which is around 51.17%

If all the giveaway entries are lowered to just 100, then the chance increases to 76.24%.

So, yes. It is statistically very possible.

8 years ago

That's nice, but the entry number in an average level 0 giveaway are closer to 1000 than 200.

8 years ago

But if that hypothetical newbie would visit forum - (s)he can find enough private giveaways (and trains!) with less then 200 entries probably.

8 years ago

Thank you!

8 years ago

If you have no life outside SG and stay away from giveaways like fallout 4, witcher 3 and the talos principle then sure... But why would you stay away from giveaways like those? ^^

8 years ago

I can only enter 3-4 giveaways / day ... because of my 5,875 blacklisted games on SG.

8 years ago

It's possible to enter more than a 1000 giveaways per DAY before. Not gonna go into details but thanks to the staff because it has been fixed.
as for 2nd question, yes it's possible to achieve that by joining private giveaway groups.

8 years ago

The user I'm referring to won 7 giveaways in one week, and not even one of them is from a group- or whitelist-giveaway. All are from public and invite-only (forum) giveaways. Extremely lucky for a first week on this site...

8 years ago

oh.. That's true luck right there. 1000 giveaways per week is too much though but I think it's possible if he picked low price giveaways

8 years ago

I hope so. Yes.

8 years ago

Yes it is achievable. As I'm staying on my computer 15 hours a day in average, it should be easily doable. When there's some kind of bundle up, points are accumulating really quick.

8 years ago

Depending on the amount of GA's at 1-3 points created per day you could hit 1k in just a day.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.