I entered a giveaway for a copy of Arma III which cost 60 points.

The game is now not showing on my entered, or closed lists which I assume means for some reason the giveaway was deleted.

I would have thought if the giveaway was removed it should count all entries as canceled and give the points back?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

big problem, 60 points lost...

9 years ago

stop trolling polandball.
closed means giveaway ended, not cancelled. you simply didn't win.

9 years ago

but it wasn't closed if it were it would be on my closed list which it is not.

it's not on any list or the site anymore that tells me it's cancelled and I should have gotten them back

9 years ago

Stupid question. How do you see this closed list? I know the created/entries/won list but not the closed list. I'd like to see mine.

9 years ago

closed list

Edit: my bad!

9 years ago

Thanks. Never noticed that choice before.

9 years ago

Usually you get points back when a giveaway is deleted.

Usually people activate the games they win.

I guess there are exceptions to both...

9 years ago

I didn't win it it was not regifted why are people having such a hard time with this, it is not on any list, won, entered, closed, cretead (why would it be I did not create it) none of them it is just gone, hence deleted

9 years ago

I think you're having a hard time with understanding the rules. People breaking rules get less helpful replies.

Anyways; yes, Arma 3 may have been deleted, and normally you'll get points back. I don't know why you didn't in this case. (Maybe you were already at max points - I think it was changed so you can't go over 300 even with "refunds".)

About winning a game - you won Defy Gravity, it doesn't show in your Steam profile, and you gave away Defy Gravity.

9 years ago

your right I did give away defy gravity and then later I won another copy, I regifted nothing. Get your facts straight before you start throwing accusations of rule breaking around.

If you must know what happened was I must have hit the put into inventory button when I accepted it instead adding it to my games list. I have just checked my inventory and sure enough there it was and has now been added to my list.

9 years ago

I'm glad there was a good explanation for this. I wasn't throwing around any accusations but simply explaining things.

9 years ago

what does defy gravity have to do with anything?

9 years ago

There's a rule on steamgifts that you must activate the games that you win. The reasoning is, if you didn't want the game, then you shouldn't be entering the giveaway in the first place. Regifting is considered even worse and might get you onto the blacklists of some people.

What you can do though, is buy Defy Gravity on the store and activate it. At least that way you won't be quite breaking the rules, as you will still have activated the game within the 7-day window after the giveaway ended. You might want to jump on Steam and group it in the next 4-5 hours though to get it while it's cheap.

EDIT... If it's now activated, as I see you've made another reply, all is good. In any case, in future it's best to wait til you've activated your win before marking it as received to avoid any trouble.

9 years ago

I would say it´s Karma...but 60 points would be not enough....

9 years ago

and nothing of value was lost.

9 years ago

Points are free so why do you even care. Maybe it needs some time or maybe they are gone forever. :)

9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by Larkspeed.