Hey, deciding to build a computer for gaming/livestreaming, do you guys know any great specs? Do take note this is my first time buying components like that, as before I had a premade Dell and then a HP Pavillion Dv6(It melted after playing 40 hours of GW2)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

1 decade ago

... I speak French and english. Sadly, no german so I have no Idea what the little notes mean '-'

1 decade ago

Scroll down to 800€ or 950€ and you will see the best components for this price. Where's the problem? I don't think the components have different names in France.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

my pc :)
intel i5 3550
nvidia 560 ti (perhaps you get a better one now, mine is already half a year old)
8 gb kingston 1866 ram
and get a good mainboard, because you have to be able to better your pc up if you get popular^^

1 decade ago

my build is i3 3220 GTX 650 Ti ,4GB ram ,500 GB and is fully enough to max out pretty much every game in euro I think it costed me around 350 euros...

1 decade ago

350?! the graphic card alone costs more than the half of that!

1 decade ago

Dude...its a 650Ti costs around a 100-150€ max

1 decade ago

Why the hell would you buy a computer? That's a waste of money

1 decade ago

Because we live in a society where techonoly rules all

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Building a computer is easy, unlike cars, and TVs, which take much more time

1 decade ago

... Notice how I ask for Specs... Not a decent gaming computer between 800 and 900, SPECs

1 decade ago

"Hey, deciding to buy a computer for gaming/livestreaming"

Change buy to build

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

I purchesed my computer half a year ago.It has: AMD FX 8120; Asus GTX 560; Asus Sabertooth Motherboard; 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 memmory; 1TB Seagate Baracuda; Aerocool STRIKE ONE-X PC house; and lots of expensive cooling fans. Won't lie, to this point it costed me around 800$, but it's worth it. I rememeber there were times when I wanted to switch to being a console gamer, I'm so glad right now that I changed my mind.:)

1 decade ago

I can see why. Looks like a mess.

1 decade ago

In that price range a good PC for gaming and live streaming would be the exact same machine I'm going to buy sometime in April.

The specs are :

CPU: FX 8350 8 core @ 4ghz /turbo 4.2ghz (this chip OC's like hell if u want to and is an absolute beast in streaming not causing any fallbacks whatsoever)
MOBO: This part is subjective , just go for a 990FX chipset mobo, the rest of the things like how it is equipped is too subjective in order to point at one.
RAM: You can go for a 2x4GB kit of RAM modules @ 1866 MHZ, that would be enough for gaming and streaming , but an upgrade to 16 gigs of RAM is not a bad idea seeing as RAM modules are cheap.
VIDEO: Go for a 7870 XT , these cards are stupid fast for what they cost, they are like a 7950 using the same graphic processor but a little dumbed down. The superior choice if u ask me, it kills the 660TI by a mile.
PSU: as for a PSU u can go for a 650 WATTS or 700 WATTS PSU, just don't go for no name brands, a good PSU is very important.

Have fun!

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

I recently bought a new computer(and also i have asked something here) and maybe i can say to you what i like and what i didn't like about the parts I bought. First I would say i paid around the price you are asking, a bit more of 900 euro and it's seems a good computer for now. The following are my specs with some consideration about them:
CPU: Intel i5 3570k it's a good choice here i have any doubt and it's also good for overclocking.
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 412s it works very well, in idle the cpu is under 30 and when stressed i think the higher temp i got was 67, the only problem it's that is a bit big so make sure to have an adeguate case and low profile ram.
Video Card: Gigabyte Ati HD7950 it's good and fast and has good oc potential (mine is at 1165Mhz), in the start i was going for an nvidia gtx 660ti, cause i had problems with older ati cards and i've heard bad things about drivers, but I ended buying the ati one cause can be overclocked more and now that i have it i can say the drivers are ok(lately there also many update, if you use the beta drivers).
Motherboard: AsRock z77 extreme 4 i don't know if it's good(i don't know how to test it) but it seems so, the only problem is that is a little smaller than a regular atx (i think it's called atx slim?)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2 * 4GB cl9 Low Profile 1600 Mhz these seem good.
Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB it's good and fast for an hard disk the problem is only, if you care, that is a bit noisy.
PSU: Corsair TX650, this is the most dissappointing part of my computer, from what i read it's good but, in my casee, make very strange noise when I make high FPS in some games i thought that could be defective so I searched on interet where it's seems to be happened also to other people that didn't solved the problem changing it, so i don't know i will look for something different. Also it have a lot of cables, too much.
Case: Corsair 500R, i like the case either in the design and in the fact it's big(it's really big for someone can be a problem), the problems i can say about it are that some parts are not made with so much precision and that the fan controller have propretary cables that can be annoying if you want to use it with other fans.

It was also my first experience in building entirely a Pc and after that i would say avoid corsair products, I haven't bought so many computer parts in my life but with the few I bought from them I learnt what Corsair is, I had problem with one of the fans on the case, the RMA was very slow and ignored most of my messages leaving me alone, the parts are cheaply made and i don't know, they doesn't seems so professional.
I hope some of the things i've said can help you.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Intel Core i5-3570k is a good cpu. If you play a lot of DX-9 games, do not buy AMD HD 7XXX series graphics cards, however they do perform well in DX-11 games. For the best bang for your buck get an AMD HD 7850 or Nvidia GTX 670.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Your advice hurts to read.

Do you plan on overclocking?

If you wait a few months, Haswell is coming out and it is worth the wait. No one needs an i7 except for (figuratively) industrial levels of work. Completely wasted on gaming and not worth the cost.

It also helps to know what size monitor you have. A 560ti handles many games at full settings at 1920X1200 with 60fps, a 660ti handles everything at full settings at 1920X1200 with 90+fps, a 670 hands resolutions beyond that and is entirely wasted on lower resolutions.

Everyone is getting 8GB RAM, don't hold him back. You don't need to specifically hunt down 1600MHz which adds ~2fps.

A quality brand PSU with 500w or so depending on what you will put in your computer.

AM coolers are best if you want to overclock any noticeable amount. You are adding much more strain and dealing with heating issues needs a Hyper 212 EVO.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Stop.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

"Have some respect for others."
Right back at you, bub.

Just because you perceive some nonexistent flaming coming from cowbell doesn't mean that you have to blatantly flame him. The only part of his reply that I can imagine has got your panties in a twist is his very first line.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

Why can't you just upgrade your Dell PC?

1 decade ago

A dual core cpu is still capable of running most games since most games use 1 or 2 cores and almost all games use 3 cores or less. Only Crysis 2, GTA IV, and Hard Reset fully utilize 4 cores.

1 decade ago

If you dont need a monitor or keyboard etc etc

i7, 8-16gb ram, SSD, 1/2TB secondary drive, and a good graphics card 6970/7870. Easily within the 800-1000 euro mark

1 decade ago

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/barebones/bb-37708f.html

Then fill in the blanks which are GFX/HDDs a CD drive

...And an OS..

1 decade ago

Why would you buy 16 gb of ram?

1 decade ago

Why wouldn't you. DDR3 is dirt cheap

1 decade ago

Cause you aint never going to use 16 GB or ram

1 decade ago

Didn't everyone say the same thing about 2GB ram 4 years ago?

1 decade ago

If you want to open 280 web pages at once you need a minimum of 16 GB RAM

1 decade ago

i5-3570, geforce 660ti, 16gb ddr3-1600 ram, 120gb ssd, 1000gb hdd, decent power supply.

i7 is actually not cost effective for a gaming pc. the i5 gives you almost (if not) the same performance for a lot less money. buy an i7 only if you constantly do stuff like video editing, raytracing or whatever.

1 decade ago

What the average PC on Steam looks like

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, more than 50 percent of users have a single or dual core, more than 50 percent of users have a slower clockspeed

Nvidia GTS 450, 50 percent of users have a worster gpu and 50 percent of users have a better gpu

4 GB RAM more than 50 percent of users have 4 GB or less RAM

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by thepinguins.