Well, it seems that people are fiddling with the system now to boost points, with the whole Space Marine key for demo shenanigans and giveaways that admit straight-up that it's phony (e.g. http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/81f68/dark-messiah-might-and-magic ). I think the points system needs fiddling with.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

"I think the points system needs fiddling with."

Instead, shouldn't they just ban whoever makes fake giveaways?

1 decade ago

That would be great but unfortunately if the individuals are banned it's after their lottery has ended.. By that time the scammer may have already reaped the benefits of points he received.

1 decade ago

That might not be the case if the owner extended banning and giveaway-canceling powers to the mods.

And I have no idea what sort of "fiddling" with the point system the thread starter has in mind, if it's supposed to keep people from earning points for fake giveaways.

1 decade ago

I think they should ban whoever makes the fake giveaways, as well as warn/ban whoever invited that person.

1 decade ago

prevention is better

1 decade ago

no points generated by giveaways until confirmed as delivered and not sooner than 48h after giveaway (so mods can ban the abuser)

1 decade ago

I still like cults idea. Let's do away with points completely and just give everyone X amount of entries that will regenerate after 24 hours.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Delusibeta.