Hi everyone. I want to build a new pc. I decided on some hardware.

Here is the pc i have in mind.

I want Geforce GTX 760 as my graphics card but i don't have enough money to buy it now.

i5 4670K processor has intel 4600 onboard graphic card. I started working so i only have time to play DotA 2 and CS:GO these days.

I'll buy gpu in 3-4 months.

I will use Autocad, Solidworks and i want to play games like Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed IV, Batman Arkham Origins at high settings. Will this build be enough for my needs?

I want your suggestions and opinions on this build. Thanks everyone. :)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

well bro just wait more & get evga gtx 760 or 770-780 or titan & get i7 4k so more wait & get nice build better than lose money now & lose it again when you want to change , just wait & get everything good :)

1 decade ago

I want to buy this build before christmas. I hope there will be sales for the end of the year.

I tought about i7 4k but there is a huge price difference :)

1 decade ago

then wait like anyone else would

1 decade ago

Eh, unless you're planning on doing some serious non-gaming work, you're much better off with a 780 Ti than a Titan. Sorta like how you're better off with a 4770K than a Xeon.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

Well what's your price range (and region)?

1 decade ago

I live in Turkey. 1$=2 Turkish liras. I can pay 2300 Turkish Liras max. It's around 1150$ in my country.

1 decade ago

Get a gtx 670?It's still a beast

1 decade ago

I didn't decide about gpu yet. I want to build pc and after 3-4 months i'll decide and buy gpu.

Until then, i'll use intel 4600 onboard gpu.

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

I think this setup is the cheapest and nicest one i can get with my 1150$.

Like you said, gtx 780 will be the best option. Hope i can afford it when the time comes :)

What do you think about the monitor i selected?

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

The cheapest 120hz monitor in my country is around 500$. I can't afford it. And Asus MX239H is 300$ here.

Is there a huge difference between 60Hz and 120Hz monitors while playing fps games?

1 decade ago

Deleted

1 decade ago

What's the CPU cooler? And you can get a better PSU.

1 decade ago

I didn't think of a cpu cooler. Some friends said it's not necessary but i have Cooler Master Hyper 212X in mind. Is it good?

And that's the cheapest psu i can find. Which psu do you suggest?

1 decade ago

That's a great cooler for the money, and honestly I wouldn't spend any more on an air cooler when you'll only get marginally better performance anyways.

EDIT: I own this cooler on an i7 3770k and have successfully gotten it up to 4.4 or 4.5 GHz, but never kept it there long term since it didn't really seem to give me any real world benefit. If I were going to do a "permanent" OC I would probably invest at least $100 in a sealed water cooler like this one.

1 decade ago

Here are my thoughts:

1) You will do just fine with a 500W PSU, no need to go 650+ unless it is on sale. Look at the +12V rail, buffer about 10% extra amps to cover whatever video card you want to run and call it good enough. I'm running this 500W PSU with my GTX 680 and three SSD's without any problems.

2) You budget a 120GB SSD, but you probably only need an 80GB for most basic needs. Save another $20-$40 USD-equivalent scaling back your SSD, invest $10-$20 more and get a 1.5TB or 2TB HDD instead. More space on the main storage drive will give you better dividends in the long run.

3) What monitor do you have now? If you have one that's decent, but not quite as good as that one, I highly suggest waiting on the monitor purchase AND the GPU purchase. With the U.S. holidays coming around you're going to find some great deals--jump on a good video card once you can afford it, and buy a monitor once they go on clearance after the Christmas holiday. You'll save a small fortune while piecing together the build you want. Video cards and monitors are two components that can always be added later, as long as you have a suitable cheap model you can get by with until you make your big purchase.

Good luck with the build!

1 decade ago

Thanks alot for all the information. I have an Acer 5930 laptop and i don't have an extra monitor. Tomorrow i want to buy that Asus MX239H monitor and i'll complete the rest of the pc until christmas except gpu.

I have a problem about monitor. My laptop has 512MB Geforce 9600M GT gpu. If i connect that Asus monitor to my laptop, can i get 1920x1080 resolution in desktop? I want to watch movies and tv shows in full hd resolution.

If not, there is no point of buying the monitor now :)

1 decade ago

I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. When you plug the monitor in to the laptop it will ask if you want to "mirror" or "extend". I would recommend mirroring to reduce the overhead for the laptop... if I remember right extending your desktop requires an additional video buffer. It has been a while since I tried a laptop+monitor combo, so hopefully my advice here is accurate!

1 decade ago

I bought Asus monitor. It's good but like you said when i extend my laptop is overheating.

When i have firefox and steam open my gpu was max. 65 degrees but after extending it's 77 degrees now :)

1 decade ago

Do you want to overclock? If not, go for a xeon 1230 v3. It's more or less an i7 4770 without the igpu.
You'll get hyperthreading which will be usefull in future games. You know, 8 cores and such. The i7/xeon has theoretically 12 "cores". 4real/8 threads.
That will also be very usefull in autocad i guess. But remember, the Xeon doesn't have an igpu. You only need an H87 board for the Xeon as well.

If you think Hyperthreadig is useless, look at Crysis 3 benchmarks and compare the i7 against the i5 cpu's.

PSU might be a bit overkill. Get a gold 400-500 watt PSU and you'll be fine. This system needs 350 watt at max.
If you're planing on getting a second card though, you obviously need bigger PSU.

1 decade ago

I might do overclocking, but first i need to learn it. I have a very small knowledge about overclock or hyperthreading :)

If i can get some parts on sale, i can afford i7 instead of i5. But for the xeon, i need to learn about it :)

1 decade ago

"The i7/xeon has theoretically 12 "cores". 4real/8 threads"

What? No, 4 cores and 8 threads means there are four physical cores capable of running as 8 virtual cores. You don't add those two numbers together.

You're right about the PSU though, a good quality 450-500 watt is more than enough for any single GPU system.

1 decade ago

I know. But games see those as 12 Threads.

1 decade ago

Do you have information about the laptop-monitor connection question i asked in the last comment on the page?

1 decade ago

No, they don't. Hyperthreading means each physical core is seen as two virtual cores. With four physical cores, an application will see 8 virtual cores. 8 threads, not 12.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Bro, your build is perfect! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are here! You're set! Buy the 760! :D

1 decade ago

Thanks :) If there will be a good sale, i might get i7 4770k instead of i5 4670k.

I have 1 question about monitor. I have an Acer Aspire 5930 laptop. Tomorrow i want to buy that Asus 23" MX239H monitor and i'll complete the rest of the pc until christmas except gpu.

My laptop has 512MB Geforce 9600M GT gpu. If i connect that Asus monitor to my laptop, can i get 1920x1080 resolution in desktop? I want to watch movies and tv shows in full hd resolution.

My laptop's max. resolution is 1280x800. If i can get 1920x1080 resolution on asus monitor, it will be good while watching 1080p movies, until i complete setup. If not, there is no point of buying the monitor first.

Please give me suggestions about this, if you know about this situation. :)

1 decade ago

You can get 1920x1080 resolution if the monitor supports it.

Intel's integrated graphics has enough power to keep your 1080 resolution. But if you want to play games, then you have to settle to low or mid at most in some games.

Intel HD 4000 can run Crysis 3, so that should tell something. Although only on low settings.

1 decade ago

Take WD Blue WD10EZEX

1 decade ago

I keep seeing people going for the Samsung EVO Series SSDs, they are hopeless in terms of today's SSD market. Heck even the standard 840 series SSDs are better, but I would recommend the 840 Pro series, as it is pretty much 1st or 2nd out of all SSDs and isn't that more expensive (128GB for $110). Well worth it in the long run.

1 decade ago

Hey, my suggestion is that you buy 2x8gb RAM, its pretty much the same price ;)

1 decade ago

Except that it isn't, and it's double the price?

1 decade ago

OP should just buy 2 new computers, its basically the same price.

1 decade ago

Thanks alot for all your help guys. I bought Asus MX239H IPS-LED monitor yesterday and i'll buy the rest in december.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Atikun.