Games:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Thief
Final Fantasy XIII
Life is Strange Episode 1
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/2015-Holiday-Surprise-Box.php
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/294104/the-2015-holiday-surprise-box (US)

NOTE: This year not all games are Steam, see this.

Yet again.

Previous bundles:

2015 (Easter)

Life Is Strange - Episode 1
Just Cause Collection
Hitman Absolution Elite Edition
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition

Thief – The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Deus Ex – The Fall
Nosgoth Founders – Warlord Pack

Tomb Raider
Just Cause 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Dungeon Siege 3

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you like surprises?

View Results
Yes
No

are the games typically DRM-free? I assume they aren't steam since it says "PC Download" as the platform.

8 years ago

nope it was all steam keys past years, plus some coupons for their other games :o

8 years ago

Huh! then i'm confused.....it lists the platform as PC Download as opposed to steam...

8 years ago

well, technically steam is pc download too :P plus reddit says its steam keys, and i trust reddit ! :)

no seriously, its been steam keys in past few years and i doubt they are going to change it this time around. no "steam keys" in description can be a bit misleading though so not sure what to make of it anymore (:

8 years ago

Considering there's no mention of Steam anywhere on the store page i'm gonna assume that they're just digital downloads from their store. Was the Hitman giveaway last month non-steam as well?

8 years ago

no, the hitman GA was a steam key :/

8 years ago

nope, it was for steam. i think all their newish games give steam codes now, not sure how come they havent made it more obvious though

8 years ago

Ah, thanks for clearing that up :)

Still fell that this one is kind of weird, i see people saying there were mentions of steam at first and then they got removed. Oh well, i don't like to gamble anyway :D

8 years ago

It said Steam account required yesterday.

8 years ago

I was just standing in line to buy a crappy $10 burrito from a truck. Got out of line and bought this instead... :) Now I'm hungry, but at least I'll have something to show for it. :)

8 years ago

Can someone confirm, that yesterday the FF titles arent part of the search at steam when you looked up for Square Enix and Action? Today they are?!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

I hope you get it, that way I will get it too :)

8 years ago

I'm guessing this is no longer available for purchase once the games are revealed, right?

8 years ago

Would be a surprise if not... xD

8 years ago

Of course they won't be, that's why it's a surprise box :)

8 years ago

I just bought it. I hate myself. Why do I have no self control?!
(Wow and right on cue, some sad violin music starts playing from downstairs as if to say, "here's your world's smallest violin. No one cares.")

8 years ago

I LoLed that might actually happen, I would have HAD to laugh if it happened to me even.

8 years ago

You are still much wiser than I am. I will most likely torture myself till the 17th and than buy it after all.

8 years ago

Would have loved to get last winter's surprise pack, but as I recall, it wasn't available in the US :p

8 years ago

Your poll should have included, "Yes, when I don't have to pay for them" hehe.
But seriously, I pretty much got all the Square Enix games that I'm interested in already and I'm not
a gambler

8 years ago

I bet on Sleeping dogs, an old Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, again, and Yosumin!

8 years ago

i know a lot of people are saying it's Steam keys, and i'll prob am dumb, but right now it shows [PC DOWNLOAD] for me. From the Asia side (Singapore), maybe it's different for customers there?

8 years ago

Well all the previous ones were steam keys, most likely this one will be too. But it's kinda strange, yesterday (in the German store) it said "Steam Games" today it says "PC Digital Games" and it also had Steam as requirements but today they removed that line

8 years ago

Probably garbage like last year

8 years ago

You mean Easter? Last winter's pack was awesome, just by this time they are kind of ran out of titles, after two HB bundles

8 years ago

I have none of their games so this totally sounds worth it.

8 years ago

I contacted Square Enix's EU support asking whether the games would be delivered as Steam keys or DRM free download:

Hello and thank you for consideration of our Holiday Surprise Box.

We cannot guarantee that all game keys will be delivered for the Steam platform, but there will be some Steam Keys included. We hope this has answered your enquiry and should you require further assistance with this or any other issues or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will do our best to help.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

The reason I asked from the start - From the help section of the Square Enix EU store:
"Most of our games are DRM-Free and do not require an activation."
....and...
"Due to publisher decisions some of the offered products require activation through the gaming platform STEAM."
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/help/index.php
That, combined with that they removed all text mentioning Steam in the product description.

8 years ago*

WTF

INB4 DISAPPOINTMENT

do not buy.

8 years ago

Ok, I'll listen to the bear and I won't buy. I already have most of the Square Enix titles I'm interested in that are likely to be included. Life is Strange (the #1 game on my wishlist) and/or some Final Fantasy games would be nice, but maybe that would be hoping for much?

I'll catch them in some future sale.

8 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

There will be some Steam keys, but that isn't a promise that all five games will be Steam redeemable... that would also mean that there isn't going to be one single Steam key that activates all games (like some Humble Bundles have been). "Some" Steam keys = more than one.

Also, this was for the EU store, might be different in the US (don't know where you're from, but still worth noting)

8 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Square Enix seem to have a hard time deciding what to put there :D

Edit: Strange, when I check the link, it isn't there. I know I saw it the first time (the first day it was available), so it was definitely removed.

8 years ago

Cant wait anymore :))) 2 more days....

8 years ago

Are you trying to talk me in to it? :D A copy of Life is Strange for Steam would be sweet... but that's probably the only thing I would be interested in that is a little likely to be included.

8 years ago

I have a good feeling about this one ^^ A really good feeling... that I bought it twice :D

8 years ago

Hope there will be some nice stuff, and lots of Steam keys :D
I'm still thinking about buying it... I could go for Life is Strange and some Final Fantasy. Most people here say Final Fantasy games are not likely to be included, and the full season of Life is Strange, how likely are we to see that? I already own most other Square Enix games I'm interested in. €6.49 would cover most of Life is Strange if it hits 50-66% sale during the Steam holiday sale ;)

8 years ago

Could be, could me, but my bet and aim is on Sleeping Dogs DE

8 years ago

That would be sweet as well. I already have the standard version though, played it over 30 hours, lots of fun :D

8 years ago

Uhm maybe they talk about coupon codes (???)

8 years ago

...you mean - by writing Steam keys they mean Steam coupon codes? That would be odd.

8 years ago

Definitely odd, but I doubt that they'll give drm-free stuff*

*it could happen only for very very very old games

8 years ago

From the help section of the Square Enix EU store:
"Most of our games are DRM-Free and do not require an activation."
....and...
"Due to publisher decisions some of the offered products require activation through the gaming platform STEAM."
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/help/index.php
That, combined with Steam not being mentioned is what made me ask from the start.

8 years ago

Ah they are brave, not everyone gives a drm-free version

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

So if there is a collection of games and some of them are not steam codes, how exactly would we get them downloaded?

8 years ago

Too lazy to click the link to the Square Enix help page above, eh? ;)
To install a DRM-Free game you will have to first download the games Download Manager. This can be done by clicking on the link provided in the confirmation email (Note: you will need to be signed in to your Member account to be able to access the Download Manager).

It is important that you do not rename the Download Manager file, as doing so will prevent your download from working. This file is only needed temporarily and can be deleted once the installation is complete.

Once the Download Manager has completed downloading your game, you will then have to run the game installer to install the game on to your PC.

8 years ago

Lol thanks, I actually did look around for some answers but I gave up pretty early :/ But thanks for the help!

8 years ago

is there any chance of Just Cause 3 being in this?

8 years ago

digital collectors edition + 4 pack

8 years ago

My guess is that chances are very low. €60 game being sold for €6.50 together with four other games, just over a week after release?

8 years ago

With Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Hitman, Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest 11.
Would be a quite expensive game for a bundle that is that cheap.

8 years ago

I really wish I could just buy it with my steam wallet :/ But since they just added Lighting Returns on steam, I think it might be a good one this year. Plus its all worth 80 dollars.

8 years ago

Seeing as it got removed from the store, I wouldn't mind a one off return of Steam keys for Mensa Academy. Not going to happen though.

8 years ago

Threads like this really make me regret not finding this community earlier. Pretty much all of those games listed in the previous bundles are either on my wishlist or in my library (and weren't in my library at the time of the bundle). I feel like I've got to take a shot at this one.

8 years ago

same here

8 years ago

ditto

8 years ago

Does anyone know if the games that you aquire from the surprise are keys for steam?

8 years ago

madjoki, consider copying or linking to my reply from Square Enix support in the original post, since I think there are more wondering about the Steam keys, and not everyone might see my post. It could be worth adding that this is for the EU store, and might not be the case for the US store.

8 years ago

added

8 years ago

I just woke up and am pretty bleary eyed. Someone probably already posted their US response... I just got mine now. (I asked them to confirm they were Steam Games)

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Online Store Support.

The Holiday package will consist on 5 different games (and other surprises) most of the games are keys for the Steam platform, the games are not random, so even if you purchase the item several times it will have the same items, all the items are digital.

Please keep in mind that the package is NOT YET redeemable, the surprise will unveil at the same time for everyone and once it's been unveiled everyone will get their email with their keys! The contents of this exclusive deal will be announced and delivered after 12:00pm on December 18th, 2015.

If your country is NOT in the list in our web, you can still purchase the surprise and you will get access to the games as there are no geographical restrictions. (If you are from outside NA and your country is not listed please put USA as your country, although this will only enable you to order digital items)

In case you want to gift the package to someone it's recommended that once we sent you the confirmation email you resend it to them, as of right now is not possible to directly gift a digital order to another person directly."

8 years ago

Interesting. My reply from the EU support was similar, saying that they couldn't guarantee all games were Steam redeemable.

I wonder if the contents of the EU and US surprise boxes are different, since the EU box is a bit cheaper.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Response from Square Enix Online Store Support about Steam keys. Notice it says MOST of the games are keys for Steam, not all. I think this answers the single vs. multiple keys question as well, and some questions around region restrictions and gifting.

Greetings!
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Online Store Support.
The Holiday package will consist on 5 different games (and other surprises) most of the games are keys for the Steam platform, the games are not random, so even if you purchase the item several times it will have the same items, all the items are digital.
Please keep in mind that the package is NOT YET redeemable, the surprise will unveil at the same time for everyone and once it's been unveiled everyone will get their email with their keys! The contents of this exclusive deal will be announced and delivered after 12:00pm on December 18th, 2015.
If your country is NOT in the list in our web, you can still purchase the surprise and you will get access to the games as there are no geographical restrictions. (If you are from outside NA and your country is not listed please put USA as your country, although this will only enable you to order digital items)
In case you want to gift the package to someone it's recommended that once we sent you the confirmation email you resend it to them, as of right now is not possible to directly gift a digital order to another person directly.
Best,
Angel
The Square Enix Online Store Team

8 years ago

All done, now we wait...waiting...waiting...

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.