New year, new train

2023 one has been a great journey with many great carts, but here comes the downside: after buying so many bundles (and regular games) I've built way too much of a backlog. That's why for 2024 I decided to change things up a little bit, inspired by xxxka's attempt at killing the backlog

1. I'll have a pool of at least 3 but maximum 5 games at all times, if it has steam achievements ill focus on 100% it as much as possible and if it doesn't have any just to beat the story. The main objective here is to have multiple options to avoid burnout of playing the same thing for hours
  2. Any puzzle, idle games, visual novels, or session games are excluded and don't go toward the count
  3. There will be a giveaway for every 2 AAA games and every 3 small ones completed, HOWEVER if it takes me too long to complete the games I'll make sure to have at least 1 giveaway running no more than 10 days from the previous one

Right now I have around 50 titles installed on my PC, some of them I've already played but never finished so these will be my priority. For the first pool of games I chose: SM Miles Morales, GTA 3, Sparklite (just need few achievements to complete), Riptide GP Renegade, Greedland
Once any of these is complete, I will either refill the pool or leave it smaller to complete games faster

As for the train itself, get your TICKET HERE. Only 3 starting carts for now, let's see how it goes

Start | 11 |

4 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wish you a very good new year

4 months ago

Hopping aboard the new train ty

4 months ago

I'm trying the same. I've started with Forza Horizon 4 and I'm pretty sure I'll add Stray and Oxygen Not Included to the current playlist.
Too huge backlog here, good luck with yours!

4 months ago

Unique! Neat idea!

4 months ago

good luck on your new years resolution!

4 months ago

For 3 years in a row I am trying to finish 50 games a year, but that incl. every game, no matter if it's 5 minutes or 50 hours and no matter if it's idle, visual novel or something else.
So far I am doing great but the problem with such things, at least for me is that I tend to start shorter and/or easier games and so the longer/harder games tend to never get attention and well, I will run out of such games one day...

Good luck with your resolution, hope it will work out nicely!

4 months ago

Happy new year!

4 months ago

Interesting idea, but you shouldn't force yourself to play if you're not enjoying the games. Hope it is a journey you continue because it is fun and satisfying. Anyway, thanks for the train and good luck.

Plus Happy New Year!

4 months ago

Happy New Year. Thank you for starting this train

4 months ago

Well. wish you the best of luck. That's definitely one of my resolutions this year, to reduce the backlog that has built in my libraries.

And of course, thanks for the train.

4 months ago

Bump!

4 months ago

Happy new year! :)

4 months ago

Happy New Year snbac! ✨
GL on your journey through the backlog, and most importantly through years of gaming history!
I went a similar path last year, 1 game i picked, and 2-3 randomly selected at a time. Worked alright, continuing still.
Also: Thank you for the train, you're awesome - I mean it ଘ(੭ ᐛ )━☆゚.*・。゚

4 months ago

Happy new year and good luck with your backlog crushing!!

4 months ago

Happy new year!

4 months ago

Hi! Good luck and happy new year

4 months ago

4 months ago

Happy New Year! :)

4 months ago

Happy New Year :D

4 months ago

Happy new year!
Good luck on reducing the pile of shame 🙂

View attached image.
4 months ago

Good luck on your journey.
I usually find it easier to alternate between long RPGs and shorter different-genre games.

4 months ago

Happy new year!

4 months ago

bump

4 months ago

Bump!

4 months ago

Happy belated new year snbac^^