As of right now, I'm sitting at NVIDIA 397.31 Driver Version and my NVIDIA is a GTX1060.
Seeing the news of how most of the people affect at from the 1060 series, I am scared to update it and I kinda really want that Optimization to play Battletech.

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Running that driver with my 1060 and haven't had any issues with any games.
(And I often had to downgrade the driver because of fps issues, artifacts, heat etc. but not with this one.)

6 years ago

GPU heat issues?

6 years ago

Not with this driver, but I've once had the case that while playing Just Cause 3, the GPU fans stopped at a certain high temp and I only noticed it when it crossed 95°C. Turned out that it was the GPU drivers fault.

Since then I'm using 3rd party software to control my fan speeds/temperatures.

6 years ago

A friend of mine had problems playing 7 Days to die after the latest update of his GTX1060.

6 years ago

Huh, I guess its still ongoing

6 years ago

Think so.

6 years ago

The latest Nvidia driver caused strange performance problems in the Disgaea 5 demo. I would hold off updating until a new revision.

6 years ago

I had no problem at all on any games with this driver on my GTX1070 I guess is something ONLY 1060 related?!?!

6 years ago

I have an Asus 1060 Strix 6gb and haven't had any issues, works just fine. From what I've read the driver issues only effects certain manufacturers.

6 years ago

I've updated my 10606GB (Galax OC) yesterday, after a few hours I've got horizontal lines running through both monitors, but disappear after a few minutes. I've did not had any other problem.
This horizontal line happen to me two times in the past, both after updating the driver.

6 years ago

Yeah I was having all sorts of issues with Dark Souls 3 before the update, this current one appeared to fix it. I also had a 1060 when this all went down.

6 years ago

Palit GTX 1060 6GB has problems after install.

6 years ago

I have a 1060 and I was wondering why crazy shit was happening since I updated the drivers. Sometimes when launching games I would get errors about not meeting systems requirements on games it should be able to run at 200fps. I downloaded and ran Avast today and everything came up clean, so I'm guessing it has to be the drivers.

As far as Battletech goes, I backed it on kickstarter and still haven't even touched it because it's a broken buggy mess with a lot of technical problems. Join me in waiting for a patch, the Steam forums are filled with shills who insist that their favorite IP would never launch in anything less than a perfect state and that any of the hundreds of people all complaining about separate issues just don't know how to use a computer.

6 years ago

The latest driver was giving me issues (crashes/BSOD). After the latest BSOD, this morning, my 5060Ti is toast. Time to test my warranty on NewEgg.com, I guess. P

I second the warning others have given. Don't upgrade to these drivers. Wait for the fix.

6 years ago

Didn't they already release the fix yesterday?

EDIT: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4661

6 years ago

I probably would have been auto-notified about the hot-fix if my graphics card hadn't booted to a crash first thing this morning. As it is, my card is borked and the fix won't do me any good, now.

Fortunately, I buy EVGA cards, so they've got my back. EVGA has already started the RMA process, so (God willing) I should be getting a shiny new replacement (or upgrade) in about a week. In the meantime, my 9800 GTX+, which is still going strong after 10 years or so, should suffice while I wait.

6 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.