I haven't heard much about this game (even if it's been out 4 years) and on Steam it has crazy amounts of positive reviews. It looks like a game of thrones/oblivion/braveheart crossover. I can also see many people have wasted loads of hours playing this and I am here to ask you what you guys think. Although the graphics look dated I am more interested in content and fun. Is this game hard to play? does it get boring? do you need to craft stuff and is it hard putting an army together? I just saw it has a demo, I'll try it now. Anyway thanks in advance for your input.

edit/addition: thanks for your input guys, I played the demo and made some screenshotsand found it to be really fun (better than I first expected).

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

This is one of the best games ever made!!! And have HUDGE mod community that provide a lot of very good full conversation mods with defferent settings - fantasy (game of thrones, lord of the rings and etc), gunpowder, historical realism (dark ages, midle ages, vikings and etc.). So you buy one game and recevie more then lets say 20 :)

It's pure sandbox game, so every thing depends of you. You can make it boring, but can try a lot of thinks, event not to fight and just trade fro example. The only deffecalt to master think is battle system. For the first time you probabli will die a lot... espetiali on hose back, but it's easy to master every aspect of fighting - mele, mele on hosrsback, bows, crossboes...

Just one example of upcomming mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVgCCVbLkmo

9 years ago

It's the best indie game ever made in my opinion. I bought 2 complete packs yesterday and I'm fking pissed :D how could I know?

9 years ago

Is the game hard to play?
It has a bunch of difficulty options, if you play at 100% difficulty, you will have a hard time :)

Does it get boring?
Hell no! even if you get bored of the base game, there are a lot of mods to download (for free, of course)

Do you need to craft stuff?
Nope, maybe there is a mod for that, but atleast in the base game, you don't have that option.

Is it hard putting an army together?
Nope, unless you play at 100% difficulty.

My advice: BUY IT!

9 years ago

+1 this.

9 years ago

there are many mods with crafting like persistent world - where u can mine ore, smelt it etc. chop wood, repair stuff ...

if u ever get bored of SP u can always switch to MP where u will most certainly never get bored - battles of all kinds, tournaments etc. community is very big and very much alive

9 years ago

Check the napoleonic war DLC, shame it's only multiplayer but for that price you can have a lot of fun with it to.

9 years ago

Fantastic game!

9 years ago

This is the game I play the most . You cannot possibly get bored of it, once you get into multiplayer .

Singleplayer is a very good and challenging experience . With mods you can spice it up and have even more fun .

But the thing that makes people spend billion of hours into it and the most addicting part of this game is the multiplayer . Mods like Persistent World and Napoleonic Wars are a fertile ground for clans that try to simulate a somewhat medieval army organization . It is truly addicting .

Finding a negative review of this game is almost impossible and that alone should tell you a lot.

9 years ago

thread looks like this game is fun ... will buy it.

9 years ago

Haha OP , nice screenshots . Those bandits got you prisoner in the end :D

9 years ago

i agree awesome game! (warband is by far the best)

9 years ago

Question, do you need the DLCs like Skyrim? It's hard to get back to Vanilla Skyrim once you know Legendary Edition.

EDIT: DLC looks horrible based on reviews.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/321300/

9 years ago

Napoleon is MP, Viking is standalone
Basegame doesn't need DLC

9 years ago

Napoleon Wars is a multiplayer DLC , which is a must-buy if you're into organized clan battlefield battles.
Fire&Sword DLC is not as popular as vanilla , but pretty worth , definitely a must-buy if on sale.
Viking Conquest DLC is not developed by the team that made the M&B Warband , so it still has bugs , etc , probably to be polished later on.

Best part is that beside the 3 above , which cost money , there are TONS of free DLC . The most popular are Persistent World , Prophecy of Pendor , cRPG & Brytenwalda.

9 years ago

DLCs are some sort of stand alone games, same as mods, from loader you select witch DLC or mod you want to play, even vanilla (it's called Native) is just one of the options. Shortly you can't have active more then one of vanilla, DLC or mod in the same time.

9 years ago

yeah but warband is the best stand alone but has lots of good free mods. (but i prefere to play the clean version)

9 years ago

Base game IS boring after 10-15 hours.

You need MODS, LOTS OF MODS to get unlimited hours of fun.

I suggest Gekokujo mod, which brings samurai's and some awesome gameplay features to Warband.

9 years ago

Great game, but the vanilla is only good in multiplayer.
You will need mods like The "The Last Days of the Third Age" (a LotR mod, based on the books not on the movies), the original mod of the Viking's creators DLC (has more options and more things).A Clash of Kings, based in Game of Thrones books.
Multiplayer wise a persistent MP mod kind are my favorites, but see their forums and see how many players play it

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.