So apparently they are realising its a terrible idea Link 1 Link 2 as website crashed, I wonder if this is a little too late. Edit: Their FAQ has just changed, its official. Edit: Here is an Official announcement

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Am I the only one interested in this? :P

1 decade ago

no =)

1 decade ago

Too little, too late buddy. They took a giant shitdump on their customers and are now getting out their wet napkins to try and clean it off and salvage what little trustability they have lost to PS4.

1 decade ago

haha, exactly how I feel.

1 decade ago

+1

Also I think that those "fixes" are coming too early, the console is not even in the stores, are the preorders so low/bad? D:

1 decade ago

So they finally listen to to customers and people still bitch, stay classy people.

1 decade ago

+1

+2

+3

1 decade ago

Xbox 180 :D

1 decade ago

Lolololololol! Microsoft is so funny dummy, still not gonna buy one...

1 decade ago

Until the consoles are out, I don't believe them! Even then I don't care until they make one without a camera/microphone.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1 bad enough my laptop and phone are always watching me masterb-...err....gaming(..uhh..fortix, yeah, thats it. watching me play fortix), so obama can personally review all the files. don't need an xbox doing it too.

1 decade ago

I keep tape on my webcam and have an old phone. Yes I am paranoid.

1 decade ago

Seems to be coming from multiple sources, Im guessing this is true. The kinect requirement does seem to still be there though which sucks.

1 decade ago

People are always copying from one another without asking. Happens in the media all the time :)

1 decade ago

That's sucks... For me the idea of DRM on xbox was great, and something new on consoles

[edit] You have nothing to DRM on steam, but when someone get nothing to DRM on xbox you RAGE... WTF?!? With you people...

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 decade ago

said no one ever.

1 decade ago

I WANTED TO POST THAT.

high-five

1 decade ago

Cause everyone is a bunch of whiny little children with no sense.

1 decade ago

DRM is not good. Ever. Fucking say 1 advantage of DRM.

Also, did you just called everyone at GOG.com a bunch of "whiny little children"? Lulz.

1 decade ago

Lol best comment I've read by far!

1 decade ago

Trolling barely successful.

1 decade ago

Fanboy detected, no wonder you posted on my other thread with such a butthurt reaction.

1 decade ago

You are mental, you call me a fanboy because i don't see nothing bad in DRM and 24h online check in? aaaa go to hell...

1 decade ago

Sir,I'll try to keep this as politely as possible:

U go to hell!

1 decade ago

Did i was talking to you? did you call me a fanboy? No, I don't think so.

Here on side about DRM all most people have butthurt about DRM, sorry i just don't get it. I've got my own opinion, i'm not saying that everybody has to have the same opinion, but calling me fanboy or troll becouse that i like how DRM works on Steam and i don't see nothing bad in the future on consoles? This is ridiculous.

1 decade ago

you should work for EA!

1 decade ago

That was one of the most retarded sentences I ever read in my whole life.

DRM IS NEVER, EVER, GOOD. ITS A FUCKING PLAGUE AND NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

1 decade ago

I don't say that DRM it's greate but it gives you something in return. With out DRM you don't get option play-your-games-from-anywhere and "family share". For me that option was great, and not only from me.
One quote from kotaku:

"With the family feature, I could buy a game in Dallas. I could then play it with my brother who lives in Oklahoma City even though he hasn't even bought the game. Or he could play it by himself without me. That's so far beyond the capabilities of sharing a disc with someone in my immediate area that the two aren't even comparable."

Not all my firends live near me, so a can't share with them games i have...

1 decade ago

You can still have the family feature without a 24 hour DRM check.

1 decade ago

Yes, that was bad. That was the worst idea in this whole thing, there should be a on line activation after you buy game, like on steam. But still i don't have problem with internet, i've got broadband from 10 years, I'm using internet on my smartphone, so form my point of view i don;t see the problem but i know there's many place where internet connection is a problem so i can undestand how bad idea was 24h check in.

1 decade ago

You very clearly have no idea what you talk about. DRM doesn't give you ANYTHING - its a fancy words for setting restriction rules on customers' software purchases. Once upon a time DRM was called copy-protection - the difference is that DRM can restrict you in other ways than just copying. You can think of it as Extended copy protection.

DRM-Free means technically you can do every single thing you please with the games you bought including sharing/selling/loaning/etc. physically and/or digitally. Its all on what the license allows you, but to repeat it again - technically you can do anything with DRM-Free soft.

Pro tip: Do your homework before commenting if you don't like ppl laughing at you.

1 decade ago

+1 , damn right .

1 decade ago

Please, hide yourself quick! Otherwise the rape train might go choo-choo soon, and i bet you don't like rape, am i right?

1 decade ago

Yep... Are you really sure that you want the 21-countries restriction? THAT is a total bummer as well as the region locked consoles.

1 decade ago

Ok that was bad... but i'm talking about DRM and "family share" that now will be cut off the system, for me this option to share your games with friends that live far awey from you was great.

1 decade ago

yes always-on is great and steam doesnt have offline mode... now back to your cave!

1 decade ago

I don't have cave, but i see that for you cave=home, now i understand why you are so afraid of always-on, and you need offline mode, in cave there is no internet connection. I hope that in the end you will find a real home and you will be able to leave that filthy cave.

1 decade ago

Sarcasm is either a dying art form, or doesn't translate very well onto internet forums judging by some of these replies :)

1 decade ago

lol

+1 for obvious that people apparently missed

1 decade ago

Umm.. I think, from reading what you say, that you don't understand what DRM is, or you mean something entirely different from DRM. What the hell does "you have nothing to DRM on Steam" and "nothing to DRM on Xbox" mean? You can't "DRM" something. It's not a verb. It's not something you do..

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

As someone who never wanted a ps4 or Wii-U until the XB1 announcement, I still dont believe that this isnt going to come about eventually.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 decade ago

Good for them? It's only because they've been lambasted from just about every corner of the gaming community and press.

It was a ballbag move, and was treated with the contempt it deserved. It's shameful that they even considered pulling this stunt, and their U-turn is due less to them being "good guys" and more to the fact that that their accounts department staff have been going through several pairs of underpants a day.

They've been backed into a corner, and took the only commercially viable route out.

1 decade ago

+

1 decade ago

I think PS4 was going to do same but after all that whining about XBOXONE they just saw opportunity for huge market share and decided that instant cash from selling consoles is better than long term small incomes through on-line games distribution (which will also occur).

1 decade ago

Or they just kept their mouth shut, waited till everyone was speculating and feared the worst, and made the "big suprise".

1 decade ago

But sony always takes a loss on launch console sales in order to keep the price lower

1 decade ago

Im sure Sony prolly was going to have similar restrictions .. But after hearing the rumors of MS they decided to wait it out ...

1 decade ago

If it is true, they will find another way to take more money.

1 decade ago

O really?

1 decade ago

Comment by ignored user. Show Comment

DreamDrop

(20 minutes ago)

What was that?

1 decade ago

a post, why u asking?

1 decade ago

Don't feed the kiddie trolls yo!

1 decade ago

Nothing like an internet-wide shitstorm to force a company's hand.

Still won't be buying a 'bone though...

1 decade ago

I have a pc, I won't buy a console either way.

1 decade ago

+1.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+10

1 decade ago

have fun missing out on gears of war, halo, and dead rising 3. just bc i own a pimpin pc doesnt meen i dont want my console games

1 decade ago

gears of war, halo, and dead rising 3

I have enough generic shooters on the PC, what's your point?

1 decade ago

Bla Bla "pc master race" Bla. Some people like to play console games (exclusives) as well ;)

1 decade ago

From start i am interested to purchase one as it is the most interesting(in my opinion) and have the most interesting exclusives games.

1 decade ago

$100 More for a worse gaming system. Okay, waste your money and let these assholes think that you can scam them.

1 decade ago

Well, I hope it's too late for them. I never liked Microsoft. Because, you know, they did it only because they saw DRM won't give them enough money. They are not doing it for us, gamers.
And they still use dirty techniques like making fun of people playing Wii U at BestBuys. It would be nice if people just stopped supporting M$.

Oh, right, and it's still a spying device.

1 decade ago

I forgot about that wii u thing lol. thats my favorite thing they've[xbone] done so far, its so ridiculous.

1 decade ago

hm, what? did i miss someting? sry, not from the US

1 decade ago

wii u had demos at specific bestbuys.
xbox sent people to pitch the xbox to people in line for the wiiu
and i guess generally hijack the captive crowd for xbox(like spam in person, sit and listen or lose your place in line),
and some of those were allegedly recorded to be directly bashing on the wii or making fun of people playing it(but i could't find those) lol

1 decade ago

Anyone notice that final point on link 2? Region locks dropped? That's some pretty huge news there. Granted, it's not as great as if it were PS4 dropping region locks, but not having to worry about if America will see the next ___ is pretty good.

1 decade ago

Interesting. Will there be an alternative system in place to enforce differential regional pricing, or will we really see a truly open market for games?

1 decade ago

The alternative system will probably be something similar to what Steam does, just have different regional pricing on stores since they're planning to rely so heavily on digital sales this time around. It'd be really weird if a major console didn't have a region lock. Hell, even a bunch of PC games have some kind of lock (I've heard from sources that are totally not my own personal experience that most of Illusion soft's games have a lock)

1 decade ago

playstation 3 doesnt have an region-lock on games... just to let you know

1 decade ago

If this is true, it will be amazingly funny. All the talks about family sharing, a need for a always connect device, and the "power of the cloud"... all those things, backtracked. All their bullshit exposed. I dont know if they have the balls to this. But I hope they do.

1 decade ago

If they still keep that family sharing that will actually be a better service than PS4

1 decade ago

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that it is simply not happening. No freaking chance in the world. PS3 had "family sharing" too, for 5 accounts, but thanks to publisher pressure it had to be limited to only 2. No way in hell they will let this pass without drm.

1 decade ago

well they already destroyed their reputation - i hope nobody will buy their shit, even the try to implement such a drm was a pity

1 decade ago

Waiting for actual confirm

1 decade ago

Their FAQ has just been changed, its official now

1 decade ago

The last time their FAQ changed they claimed you could turn off Kinect...

1 decade ago

you can
....just need a roll of painter's tape. Like I did with my cellphone's cameras.

1 decade ago

Naw man... Didn't you hear? It has X-Ray to detect bombs.

1 decade ago

meh, no matter. good americans have nothing to fear from being listened to anyway(and prism don't spy on foreigners, that'd be wrong). you'll quit your whining when you hear how many bombings and rampages were stopped by kenect mics when they thought the xbox was turned off..only traitors and terrorists complain about being monitored.

1 decade ago

unfortunately I cant access thier FAQ website now, its dying. I was trying to provide you with a link but its being overloaded.

1 decade ago

You don't need to do that.. I couldn't care any less wether Cbone has DRM or not. As long the PS4 doesn't.

1 decade ago

"we've been closely listening to consumer feedback" ahahahahahaha Microsoft is so cute.

1 decade ago

They can fuck off.

1 decade ago

Too little, too late.

1 decade ago

lol. Good news I guess. I still prefer the ps4.

1 decade ago

this, but ill get a xbox one for halo and gears just like i always do. huge zombie fan so dead rising 3 coop ftw

1 decade ago

I think it is funny, but also is a very good thing. Even if it took a major backlash to cause the policy changes, at least they are doing it. Not just good news for xbox fans, good news for everyone. Sends a message that just because you are a huge company you can't force shit on people they don't want or like.

1 decade ago

Sounds good , but still , not going to buy Xbox One , If I will buy next gen console , it will be PS4

Even though I owe xbox 360 and I really used to the xbox 360 controller , I played a little in friends house on PS3 and the controller feels really good , reminds the old ps2 I got :3

1 decade ago

No more power of the cloud?

:(

1 decade ago

its just optional now

1 decade ago

Too bad, I was hoping they'd fail even harder.

1 decade ago

that wouldnt have been possible^^

1 decade ago

Official announcement added

1 decade ago

TooLate

1 decade ago

MORE LIKE XBOX 180 AMIRITE?