Which one should I buy for PC gaming? ;)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

One of each. That way you can use whichever one you need to and you can do multiplayer.

1 decade ago

There's no reason to buy a wireless controller. It's more expensive, it needs a receiver to work and you need batteries.

If you're PC gaming you'll be sitting next to your USB port, why not use a wired controller?

1 decade ago

-it needs a receiver to work
it comes with a receiver
-If you're PC gaming you'll be sitting next to your USB port
there's no USB port on or near my couch

You're generalizing based on how YOU play PC games. "There's no reason to buy a wireless controller" is based on sitting at a desk/table playing right next to the computer. But for people who have their PC connected to a TV and play from farther away, this is far from the case, and it would probably even be inconvenient NOT to use a wireless controller.

1 decade ago

Didn't have a receiver when I bought it. The wired version has a pretty long cable, even if you're sitting on your couch.

Wireless is better 100% of the time. Except when it runs out of battery, when it makes you spend more money on an already expensive controller or when it is less comfortable to use because of it's weight.

Buying a battery pack will save you some money in the long run... But you're still dumping more money into it.

Would recommend to people on their 30-40s with kids.

1 decade ago

WIRELESS! I HATE CORDS!

1 decade ago

Wireless fo sho.

1 decade ago

I'll go for wired. You can buy the green box that say for xbox though, it's the exact same controller, just no driver CD (which you can download from microsoft website.)

1 decade ago

You don't even need to download it. Windows update will automatically download & install the driver the first time you plug the controller in.

1 decade ago

Using wireless along some rechargeable batteries. They can last for about a week of medium to heavy gaming, or even more, before I have to recharge them. It's smooth.

1 decade ago

Wired, always.

1 decade ago

I have 2 wireless xbox pads from my old xbox. They're really good :)

1 decade ago

I have the wireless one, it's working perfectly. No issues, ever.

1 decade ago

you should buy a ds3 and install motioninjoy...no need to thank me...

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by CarlEric.