Which one should I buy for PC gaming? ;)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wired

1 decade ago

Wireless, but you can and i must say need to buy the charger kit, that combo never let me down when i'm playing.

1 decade ago

Wired

1 decade ago

Go with wired, you can get them dirt cheap if you look around. Got mine a while back during a newegg sale for like $15.

1 decade ago

In my country wireless is 49.90€ and wired on 34.90€ :)

1 decade ago

No Wire vs The use of Batteries is the only real decision.. your Call.
There's no such things as big latency issues or disconnections on the wireless ones and for me having rechargeable batteries makes it a breeze.
Also those complaining that their receiver died easy is because they bought some chinese knockoff.. get the real Wireless MS package and you're good to go.

1 decade ago

The real one dies as well. Mine lasted a year and was a real MS one. What annoys me is that you can't buy the MS one separately so you can replace just the part that died and have to buy another controller and receiver.

1 decade ago

Mine was made by microsoft as well and died just the same. It's a common problem with the wireless ones having a cheap fuse inside them.

1 decade ago

Wired all the way.

1 decade ago

Buy a wireless and this thing (or something simillar). So you have a wireless controller and you can go wired if the battery runs out.

Or buy a wired controller and save some money.

1 decade ago

Except that lacks any way to work on PC, you need the receiver as well so better to advise to buy the controller for PC that comes with it.

1 decade ago

When you buy the controller, it usually comes with the receiver (atleast mine did, and Amazon ones do)

1 decade ago

Yeah, if you buy the wireless controller for windows which isn't sold in most stores. Amazon sells both actually so one does have to be careful what they buy. They'll want to buy this. The regular one is this which is what most stores will sell with the 360 accessories and does not come with a receiver.

1 decade ago

i would recommend wired because if the batteries start dying in the controller then the reaction time for the controller is slower and may end up getting you killed in fps/tps games, out of the road in a racing game or something like that

1 decade ago

Wireless + rechargable batteries (2 pairs) and you won`t have any issue.

Performance wise are the same but the absence of cable is very handy.

Wired cables are in this day and age for cheap people and insecure ones.

1 decade ago

The cord it 10ft (3m) long. If you find that it is plenty, get a wired controller. If you need longer, go wireless. Then again, if you want it for the PC, I recommend getting one made by Logitech instead. I have both, and I never use the Microsoft one unless I am playing a two-player game.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 decade ago

Going wireless will not solve the USB problem. You need a USB dongle to use the 360 wireless controller. You're paying more for the controller, batteries, and the dongle to boot. Wired is a much better solution for PC gaming unless you intend to be some distance from your computer.

1 decade ago

Wired, less cheaper but worth it

1 decade ago

Myabe you meant wireless?

1 decade ago

Nope, I meant wired

1 decade ago

Then you meant "Cheaper". "less cheaper" = "not as cheap"

1 decade ago

Wired controllers cost a little more but it's worth it, that's what I meant

1 decade ago

they are generally cheaper...

1 decade ago

Not for my experience, I was expecting wireless to cost more too, but they actually are a bit cheaper

1 decade ago

pretty sure wireless controllers cost more than wired controllers in general

1 decade ago

Quite

1 decade ago

Have a both version. Both great, vibrate equally. Prefer wireless - more confortable for me. Battery lasts for 3-4 good game.

1 decade ago

I have a wireless controller for my 360, but I picked up a wired 360 controller for use on my PC. I could've just purchased an adapter, but I thought I'd rather have an extra controller, plus one that doesn't require batteries.

1 decade ago

I have Wired and it doesn't work well because it's wire is broken, in wireless you don't have to worry about broken wires.

1 decade ago

The receiver has a wire.

1 decade ago

this is hilarious

1 decade ago

I have wired for my PC. I use wireless on my 360 and constantly switching out batteries after longer gaming sessions gets annoying.

1 decade ago

"Longer gaming sessions"? I think I swap out my batteries every... half a year or so?

1 decade ago

I meant my batteries tend to die when I'm finishing up a long stint of playing, not that I play long enough in one sitting to kill my batteries. Badly worded I guess. I do have to change them every couple of weeks or so, though.

1 decade ago

I used wired!

1 decade ago

both

1 decade ago

get wired :) i got my self a wired one

1 decade ago

Batteries last long enough to justify the use of wireless. Even better if you have rechargable batteries. Also comfort. Lots of it.

1 decade ago

grab the wireless ones, with rechargeable batteries. you dont have to switch out the batteries often, they hold their charge pretty well. ive never experienced lag with mine or any problems with them. i keep an extra set of charged batteries ready for when i have to switch them out. i like not having to be restricted with a wired controller since my set up isnt a conventional one with a desk & chair.

1 decade ago

I'd love to get people's input on the following: I would like to start having people over to play 2 and 4 player games on my TV. I plan to run the games in steam and connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI. We're talking simple local multiplayer games like Nidhogg or Sports Friends (great games that I can't get on XBLA currently). I have 2 wireless Xbox 360 controllers already and could buy 2 more used ones off friends. I was planning on getting the Wireless Receiver for windows in order to connect the controllers, but it occurs to me that I might also be interested in playing some single player games that I get via Steam with a controller. So my question is whether anyone has had experience mixing wireless 360 controllers connected through the receiver with a single wired one (plugged into another USB port). This SEEMS like it should work, but it could also be one of those setups that just causes endless problems for no reason. So I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried mixing wired and wireless controllers in windows. Thanks!

1 decade ago

I've been playing Rayman Legends with some friends on a PC with two wireless 360 controllers, one 360 wired, and a wired logitech and we had no problems, so you'll be fine :)

1 decade ago

wired

1 decade ago

I bought one for my bday a couple of days ago, and in the end i decided to go with wired, simply because it's annoying to have to change batteries, and also i've read some forums where people said that some times wireless can act up

1 decade ago

I'd just use a wired one
No worries about charging or batteries and they're usually cheaper.
That said, I don't have one yet XD
Edit: Also, make sure it's an official Xbox controller that is compatible with 360s
Mostly because they will work with Xpadder (or whatever it's called) and knock offs might not.

1 decade ago

If I were just getting a single controller to play single player games, I'd certainly buy a wired one. My question is whether I can get 1 wired controller for this and then ALSO have it running with 3 more wireless ones connected via the receiver (for 4 player games). Just not sure if wired and wireless play nice together when connected to a PC at the same time.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by CarlEric.