2. Supply power: Cooler Master E-600 600W
  3. CPU: AMD A10-6800K 4.10Ghz
  4. FAN: CPU Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
  5. Motherboard: Asrock FM2A75 Pro4
  6. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3
  7. RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 PC3-17000 8GB 2x4GB CL9
  8. Graphic card: APU Integrated graphics GPU Type: Radeon HD 8670D
  9. DVD reader: Sata

Any sugestions or better configuration for the same price?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Im using an A8 APU works for anything i throw at it

1 decade ago

What are you throwing at it, out of interest?

1 decade ago

Borderlands 2, dishonored, skyrim, are probably the highest requirement ones

1 decade ago

I have always prefered Intel than AMD, but you need a good GPU for the games, the CPU don't really influence on the fps, so an Intel Dual Core 3GHz+ is nice for a low budget.

1 decade ago

Have you ever tried Planetside 2, Civ V, Battlefield 3, or Borderlands 2 (with an AMD GPU)? Bottlenecking can be a massive issue with older CPU's.

1 decade ago

Well minimum requirements for Planetside 2 for example are:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher

The games that require better cpu for minimum are not many. He don't want to play them on high or ultra, so I guess an dual core cpu will be fine. Just need to find a GPU that he can fit in his budget.

1 decade ago

well.. I got an i7 2600k + GTX 660 Ti, and Planetside 2 doesnt go above 40 fps........ no matter if I put everything low or max it out.. fps stay the same........

1 decade ago

I have an Athlon II X4 635, which fulfills those requirements. However, regardless of which graphics settings I use, my framerate almost never reaches 40, and usually stays between 20 and 35. During battles, it sometimes goes even lower. I also know for a fact that Planetside 2 never uses the full power of my GPU (a 5830), although it gets close when I set the graphics to Ultra (which doesn't affect my framerate very much).

1 decade ago

What he said :)

1 decade ago

u never played dayz :)

1 decade ago

Are you going to use it for games? Or just internet, music, movies?

1 decade ago

For anything. Not a hardcore or graphical freak gamer, but i want to play all the games even in normal or low.

1 decade ago

Than you need at least a GPU that is not integrated.

1 decade ago

I think that he is hoping that the APU can handle the load, I have never used an APU myself but from what I have heard running it in dual graphics mode along with the integrated gpu should be able to run games at 30fps on low-medium.

If it's a tight I budget would personally recommend losing the APU getting a nice cheap cpu like the fx 6100 or an x4 phenom and using the extra cash to get a small graphics card like a 7770 or 560. But if he does really want to stick with the integrated card lose the power supply, why get a 600w power supply to run integrated?

1 decade ago

For a future upgrade. Or at least, that's the idea.

1 decade ago

If you're planning on making future upgrades, you're limiting yourself by going with an APU in my opinion. You swap out the graphics card, but then you just have a very underwhelming processor. If you want to swap out the processor, you're stuck with APU's since that A10 uses a FM2 socket, and the only other CPU's that use FM2 sockets are other APU's. Unless in the future you plan on buying a dedicated graphics card, a new CPU and motherboard, and even potentially new RAM, in which case you might as well just make a new build.

1 decade ago

you could throw in a SSD in there. it really makes a difference

1 decade ago

If he is low on budget, better without ssd.

1 decade ago

Nope. You really shouldn't bother with SSD's, unless your budget is like 1000 euros

1 decade ago

I would change the:

1. Motherboard: Asus M5A78L LE (same price AM3+)
  2. CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition - could be OC'd pretty well (and a bit cheaper)
  3. Graphics card: Sapphire HD 7770 GHZ Edition (or higher depending on budget)
1 decade ago

I agree 100%

1 decade ago

This. Though if you need to go down in price, the HD 7750 is an awesome budget card.

1 decade ago

Or get an FX-4xxx...4 cores are still 4 cores :)

1 decade ago

i wouldn't recommend sapphire on a small budget like this, sure their cards are awesome but he can get similar performance for cheaper by going with XFX.

1 decade ago

I have the exact same card, that's why I wrote that one, but what you're saying is reasonable :)

1 decade ago

I have a 7750, I think I paid 70 USD for it. Plays Mirror's Edge at low setting 1080p.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

not a very good list in my opinion, it offers very little options when it comes to the high end side.

1 decade ago

for $650 you could probably get a discrete graphics card instead of integrated which would be a lot better for performance

1 decade ago

This is amazing , i paid 500€ for a pc that's at least 4 times worst than this 6 years ago .

1 decade ago

But it was 2.3 times better than the others 6 years ago.

1 decade ago

lol i paid smthg like 1,5k for p4 1.8/mx440/500ram in 2002 ;)

1 decade ago

• that ram = ~expensive + you don`t need it
  • I`d buy a WD caviar green for a storage hdd
  • I don`t think you need an aftermarket cpu fan if you go for the default settings
  • dedicated gpu is a wise option :P
1 decade ago

MSI B75MA-E33 LGA 1155, mATX, Ret / i5-3470 / MSI GTX 660 oc / Hynix 4gb 1600 (x 2 ?) / WD Caviar Blue 1Тб, HDD, SATA III / Tower Zalman Z9 / DVD-RW samsung/Hipro HPC 500W(or w/e) / Cooler TITAN TTC-NA32TZ/R(or any like this ) / ( 60+200+200+ 25(x2? rly need 8?)+50+60+15+40+10) = 660 = WAY MORE POWERFUL PC , np

1 decade ago

Second opinion about these? (The 8 RAM is for video edition. It's not absolutley necessary, but in the shop is a cheap pack)

1 decade ago

ok + ~15-20$ for 2x4gb

1 decade ago

MSI 760GM-P21 (60$) / AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, SocketAM3, OEM (90-95$) / KINGMAX DDR3- 4Гб, 1333, DIMM, Ret( 2x 30-35$)/SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7770 GHZ EDITION OC, oem( 110$)/ wd blue 1 tb(60$) / Cooler TITAN TTC-NA32TZ/R(or any like this 10-15$)/Zalman z9(60)/Hipro hpc 450w(30) / dvd-rw(15$) ~450-460$ , cheap and effective

1 decade ago

where are you from I think for that money you can get better one

1 decade ago

Spain. I'm one of these poor people without job. D:

1 decade ago

So, you're jobless and yet you're buying a new rig. You ain't poor after all :P The rig you're thinking about is just terrible. Go for an i3, hd7850 and 8gb of cheap RAM (1333mhz). The RAM speed does nothing in games so you can save a little bit on that. An i3 with 7850 will let you play almost any games maxed out. In a year you could exchange the i3 for an i5 and buy a better card if needed.

1 decade ago

Not new. I don't have one. Sound incredible, but it's the true. xD

1 decade ago

Forget about apu's....

You will get a far better pc if you use a Phenom II X4 and a hd 7770 GHz edition, and for ram, 4gb e enough.

My specs are: Phenom II X4 954be, 4Gb ddr2 1333Mhz, sapphire hd 7770 Ghz edition, OCZ 500W PSU and a zalman z11 case.

HDD and aftermarket cooler i already had.

I only spent 400€ including shipments.

I play FarCry3 everything maxedout @ 1440x900 at around 45fps, some ocassional frame drops.

On Europe, i recommend "pixmania", cheap prices.

1 decade ago

MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC - 2 GB GDDR5 - PCI Express 3.0 (N660-2GD5/OC) £ 149
lol ? cheap ? actual price is around 210$ but not £ 149(~230$) ...

1 decade ago

I am from Portugal, and compared to the rest of the westores here, it is cheaper.
Of course you will find cheaper in the USA, much cheaper on newegg....

1 decade ago

I bought as a Christmas gift this config for 600€:

1. Tower: Aerocool Strike-X Advance
  2. Supply power: Aerocool Strike-X 600W
  3. CPU: i5-3450
  4. Motherboard: AsRock H77 Pro4/MVP
  5. SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb
  6. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x4Gb 1600Mhz
  7. Graphic Card: Sapphire HD 7850 2Gb
  8. DVD: Lg

If you have a budget of 600€, you can save something buying an HDD instead of a SSD (mine was 110€)

1 decade ago

I could come up with a considerably more powerful build using parts from Newegg, but if you're in Spain I'm not sure where you're buying from and how much you're setting aside for shipping costs.

1 decade ago

buy a dell that uses an AMD A10-6800K processor which should cost 600 USD and comes with windows 8, keyboard, and mouse. With the 140 USD leftover from the budget and not needing to buy an operating system spend the leftovers on an AMD Radeon HD 6670. Then use the AMD A10-6800K and AMD Radeon HD 6670 in AMD dual graphics mode. Total cost = 680 usd with an operating system included

or switch the AMD A10-6800K and 2133 mhz ram for an AMD Phenom II x4 965 and 1333 mhz ram and use the savings for an AMD Radeon HD 7770

1 decade ago

Suggest this:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 4x3,50
GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better check here
Motherboard Asus P8B75-M LE
WD Green 1TB SATA-III
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 2X 4GB

1 decade ago

I'd rather spend less on cases, fans and RAM (overpriced RAM is overpriced), and get a GPU, maybe an HD 7770, good low budget card, runs everything fine.

1 decade ago

with 500€ gaming PC you can easily fit an 650 or 7750. Spend less on the power supply and don't buy the DVD reader.

1 decade ago

Look at this I found on my google docs, once I chose the components for a 500€ PC, don't remember why, but check it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuMaHp5udgq0dFhtVTEzRDNZMkpPMnRtSF94ajlMSHc#gid=0 is 4Gb, but is enough, one friend plays games on high details even with 4Gb of RAM, but you can spend around 60€ instead of 34€ and get 8Gb of RAM.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Malkev.