Hi,
I'm writing to ask for help.
I just did the Steam survey that detects the hardware of my PC. And while checking everything I noticed that it listed Intel HD Graphics 4600 as my primary card insted of my NVIDIA GTX660. I noticed a while ago that sometimes my game would freeze with 14fps, no matter what it was, a indie 2d platformer or some more demanding games. But Alt+Tab seemed to help with it. I was suspecting that it was Intel Graphics taking over these moments and then my GTX would take back over. Last I was doing the survey it listed my GTX660. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have already checked that my GTX is listed in the device manager. If that helps i was changing out the battery in the motherboard. I know it could have caused something to change in BIOS.
Thank you in advance.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

If that helps i was changing out the battery in the motherboard. I know it could have caused something to change in BIOS.

Indeed. Disable on-board graphics in the BIOS/UEFI, or if it is modern enough, set the dedicated graphics as primary.

8 years ago

Well, if you are using a desktop, you can't have output from dedicated if your cable is plugged into integrated and vice-versa. Are you sure that the cable is plugged into integrated gpu?

Also, as talgaby said, go to bios and either set pci express to primary or disable integrated gpu.

8 years ago

Thank you very much. I was looking on the internet and I couldn't find the solution. Have a good day

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.