As it has become tradition, the new year kicks off with a charity event by Awesome Games Done Quick, where speedrunners do amazing(ly crazy) things to games to help raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. I think most of us have already dealt with cancer in one way or another, and so I thought I'd call upon you all to help support this cause. It starts on January 3rd and ends on January 10th, and if we all pitch in, I believe we can help overcome this terrible affliction that pulls so many families apart.

Of course, I wouldn't just call you to arms without giving you something in return! I'll careen you into 2016 with a 20-car train, from levels 1 to 5. Punch your ticket right here and good luck!

If you are on my whitelist, I have a few bonuses for you as well: Machinarium (very charming game for levels 1+), the Just Cause Collection (very explosive games for levels 2+) and the Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle (very funny games for levels 3+)

Help me help us to help them to help other thems help families. You know you want to!

edit:

AGDQ 2016 has officially started, so please send some donations their way! And above all, enjoy their weeklong marathon! :D

In addition, I've also added a few more giveaways to help support other community members. These are giveaways intended for Yunie's Giveback thread (for a great contributor) and Desertmouse1's You're Not Alone thread (for community members who struggle with depression or anxiety)

These giveaways end on January 15th. Level 3+ only.

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Portal 2
Child of Light
Spore

Spread the joy!

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Have train, will travel!

8 years ago

Have a bump :P
We cancer

8 years ago*

Whoa :D
Cheers for everything against cancer!

8 years ago

buuuump

8 years ago

BumP!

8 years ago

bumpity bump for choo choo

8 years ago

Great ! bump :3

8 years ago

I so wish they'd stop supporting this "prevent cancer by making a few commercials we only screen in the USA" 'charity' at the winter event.
Otherwise I can hardly wait until they put the runs up on YT. I may agree on AdamAK on that the events were sanitised with so much political correctness that it is almost uncomfortable to watch sometimes (that bitching at the last one was just laughable), I still enjoy a great number of the runs and runners. And the Awful Games Done Quick segment is always a blast. :D

8 years ago

Yeah I also selectively skim the runs, not every segment (or every runner, or every charity for that matter) is equally enjoyable to watch, but I do like the initiative and the spirit of the event! And some runs just gobsmack me completely :D

8 years ago*

Have a bump.

8 years ago

Bump and meow for velociraptors. Cool idea - thanks for promoting this!

View attached image.
8 years ago

That raptor looks great! Fits in with a few of the giveaways as well :D
Lego was so neat that, back when I was 17, me and a few friends of mine decided to recreate Face/Off with Lego for one of our Media projects for school. Fun times...

8 years ago

Thanks for reminding me it's coming up, it's an reliable thing to have on in the background and check in on at times to see something very skillful.

8 years ago

Very nice train and cause. I also applaud the support, and nice to see machinarium & monkey island in offers too. xD Thanks for spreading these masterpieces around.

8 years ago

Machinarium is so great that I bought the boxed version the moment it came out despite already owning it on Steam! Monkey Island-games are classics in all the right ways ^__^ (personally, I prefer the second one)

8 years ago

Yup I couldn't agree more. Finished machinarium twice and would probably replay it. Monkey 2 was probably the hardes in the franchise, and also the best. Some great stuff happening from island to island and lots of stuff in inventory. I mean spit contest! :P ! also, monkey 3 was also hilarious and the best in terms of cartoony animation.

8 years ago

Bump and Happy New Year!!

8 years ago

Bump for charity

8 years ago

Thanks and a bump.

8 years ago

Oh man, I love these events and I hate them because I love them - because I can't play and watch them at the same time. I remember last year's speedrun of Psychonauts, it was so awesome to watch the Double Fine guys sit there, with some beers and whatelse, and laugh, joke, or just stare with surprise what wonders the speedrunners could to to their game :D

8 years ago

I only saw that run very recently on Youtube! Hahah yeah, that was some amazing stuff ^__^

8 years ago

Thanks for the ride, mate. Have a bump.

8 years ago

Awesome train and thanks for the ride.
Sometimes I watch those speedruns. Nice idea for a good cause ;)

8 years ago

bump for this

8 years ago

Bump ^^

8 years ago

Thanks for the great ride! One of my favorite segments was the blindfolded Punch-out run! Hope they bring that back :D

8 years ago

Bump.

8 years ago

Bump

8 years ago

Bump!

8 years ago

bump!