Does anybody has this processor? Any good/bad experiences with it?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Works great without bottlenecks with most GPUs. If you're looking to overclock models with K at the end are for you.

1 decade ago

And you will want a Z77 chipset mobo as the H77, etc, won't allow you to overclock.

1 decade ago

Seeing as some haswell (new platform for intel CPUs) motherboards a being surfaced, I would say wait for those. If you can't wait the 3330 is good but I would try to get a 3470( $10 more on newegg) or if you want to stretch your budget a bit more go for a 3570k. Remember as emwearz said GET A Z77 BOARD! It will allow you to overclock even the 3330 a bit nothing else will(except the z75 boards but they aren't that good unless you spend enough money on them and by that point you might as well gotten a z77 board anyways).
If you want suggestions for a motherboard the MSI Z77A-G45 and the ASROCK Z77 extreme 4 are good places to start. Good Luck! :)

1 decade ago

thx lovely people

1 decade ago

It's a fine CPU. Nothing special, but no series flaws.

But I feel like there's more to this story. Are you upgrading? What do your current specs look like?

1 decade ago

More than powerful enough for all of today's games. Get a Z77 board as people are saying, and put an aftermarket CPU cooler on it. You'll be able to overclock this CPU by an obscene amount if you get the K series.

Pair it with two of the second or third strongest (high-numbered Radeon 7000 or GTX 600 series), and you'll be playing every game out today on ultra at 60fps minimum. Take care to get more than 1GB VRAM if you're playing on ultra at anything higher than 1080p. Also realize that VRAM is mirrored across all video cards, not combined. Two 1GB cards will not give you 2GB of usable VRAM, since each card must have its own copy of all textures.

1 decade ago

There is no K series 3330.

And there's added cost to getting a nicer mobo, better cooler and K series CPU. If this guy is considering a budget Intel quad, then he doesn't have the extra funds to pay for more CPU performance.

But for gaming, he really doesn't need much more than the 3330. He needs to put most of his budget towards the GPU. A $300 GPU would be plenty.

1 decade ago

Get a good gaming 3rd Gen Z77 Motherboard (Socket 1155) to support it.

If overclocking then go 2nd Gen Sandy Bridge i5 K series CPU. Sandy Bridge CPU will overclock better as Ivy will start to overheat quicker. However, overclocking is pretty redundent, not required and isn't recommended for these days pc as you won't get much gaming boost.

If not overclocking, get the i5 or i7 non K series CPU - 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Miguedeth.