If you order in store "GAME" game Borderlands 2 to the post office get activation key for the game Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Shop: http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-2-mac-191163?categoryIdentifier=41552&catGroupId=

Photo on evidence: http://scr.hu/0b9k/7ot43

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

it is trap put some pre-sequl code and let ppl buy ,most ppl will get borderlands 2 code and pre-sequl code might revoke

9 years ago

I buy 2 copy :D 1 is pre sequel and hope to second too :D its for my gf on christmas.. same batch.. i hope :D

9 years ago

You won't.
It's been fixed...
I've got Borderlands 2 instead of PS

9 years ago

Well depending when he bought it.

9 years ago

2 min after main post :) 1 code is seqeul, 2 must be too :3 (2 in same time)

9 years ago

They sent me an order confirmation email but no key yet... "Hi
Thanks for shopping with us. We've received your order and we're already busy getting things sorted.

We'll email you again to let you know when your order's on its way."

9 years ago

Yeah same for me.. I think Borderlands 2 is coming..

9 years ago

Word of the wise: They will cancel keys and sent correct (Borderlands 2) one soon. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by wrong product. ;)

9 years ago

Do you really think so? How do you know?

It seemed they added keys for PreSequel to Borderlands 2. Therefore they can't see that there were keys being sold for the wrong game. As long as none of them reads about that bug in a forum, they won't do anything. And even if they do, they most likely have no idea which key is BL2 and which one is PreSequel. Therefore they'd have to cancel all keys and serve every customer with a new BL2 key.

9 years ago

Some people from this thread have already warned them via facebook. This isn't another Alien Isolation/Dead Rising 3 bug, you were supposed to get Borderlands 2, not Borderlands Pre-Sequel. They'll revoke the Pre Sequel batch and send you a Borderlands 2 key. As long as they give you what you paid for (Borderlands 2) you can't even open a dispute in Paypal.

9 years ago

I don't doubt that, but I just wanted to point out that they'd have to cancel all orders and sent new BL2 keys for all, even for those who purchased and got BL2 keys before.

9 years ago

Pretty sure they know which keys are for TPS and which ones are BL2.

9 years ago

Well, those codes usually come from a wholesaler, they get a batch of keys and add them to their library. In this case the keys have been assigned to the wrong game. If there's no log of the addition process (e.g. which keys have been delivered from the wholesaler for which game), then they don't know the game behind the keys.

9 years ago

Half-joke, but they could do so if they wanted and it would be totally legal. (Bad PR, for sure).

9 years ago

Yeah, don't question that.

9 years ago

doubt that they won't do anything. they'd probably be afraid to disappoint people who purchased bl2 but got the preseq and will repair the problem instead. to expect them to let the mistake go unsolved would be like... "i purchased presequel in the store, and they gave me BL2. They mustn't do anything about it, it's their fault. they should just eat the loss."

9 years ago

I have no clue what you want to say.

9 years ago

so still works or not?

9 years ago

no

9 years ago

If you payed but got in too late and got sent BL2 you can get a refund. Just talk to someone in the webchat and they will refund it for you.

9 years ago

That's nice of them, they had no obligation to provide refunds to the people who have gotten Borderlands 2 expecting PS, they only had to provide refunds to the people who have gotten Pre-Sequel expecting Borderlands 2

9 years ago

Is this the link to start the webchat? Because after following that page it seems to get you to start filling out the standard email form. Possibly because of working hours, don't know.

9 years ago

I guess I have not read their refund policy, but most places over here will not refund a digital purchase for any reason. In fact, before you submit the order that warning will generally appear.

If I were the company, and people wanted refunds because they purchased BL 2 only with the intent of exploiting an error in the store's system... my response would be, "Enjoy your copy of Borderlands 2." They have no obligation to honor the exchange of the lower currency for the more expensive and more recent game because a person hoped an error was still in place.

Just the same, if all of you did not get what you wanted and successfully obtain refunds... that's great. Personally, if I had landed the Pre-Sequel title... I might also consider requesting the refund as well.

You can guarantee these keys will be revoked. I fear that by the time the company sways course and revokes those keys the store may also take a different stance on the refunds. Again, if I were the store, I would... or at least make it such a pain for you to jump through hoops to get the coin back that you would give up figuring it was no longer worth the change you dropped in the first place... but then again, I am a terrible human being.

Side note: my scenario is actually what Kinquin pulled with myself and many others after an error posted the pre-purchase price for Darksiders II at less than $10 US. They even waited to pull the key until about one month or more after the release... so got to play it for a while then it was gone. It was literally email after email with their support back and forth explaining, re-explaining, and re-explaining the re-explaining until I gave up... looking back... I should have just let it go in the first place since I wasted way more time than the ten spot was worth.

9 years ago

Except that I didn't even receive any key, TPS or BL2... Then again, they didn't deduct any money. Guess I'll just leave it at that, unless they took my money and didn't give me anything. If they gave me BL2 I wouldn't have minded either, I can give it away on SG or some friends.

9 years ago

Well, you can't guarantee anything.

I expected Gamesplanet to revoke all DI3 keys that they sold "for free", and they totally did not.

If they revoke the keys and give me a BL2 key instead, well then I purchased a key of BL2 to give away. meh :P

9 years ago

Sounds like you took my statement personally for some reason.

My thoughts are more in regards to the behavior of the stores in this case. Heck, sometimes even the publishers will jump in and demand the revocation for one reason or another. I suppose my statement is the buzz-kill of the bunch though... so I suppose the response should have been expected.

9 years ago

No, totally not ^^

I just want to point out that nobody can guarantee anything in this case, if he/she isn't an employee of game.co.uk.

9 years ago

You would say enjoy your BL2 and try to pissed off customers but hey,a business cant live without customers and it has many stores for digital keys ;)

9 years ago

Received code for BL2...

9 years ago

Same :( now I made a giveaway for it, because I'm too lazy to write them for a refund, so here's a private giveaway for the fast ones ^^ clicky

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.