14/15 Replayability

5/10 Fairness

6/10 Controls

9/10 Graphics

8/10 Sound

8/20 Multiplayer

71/100

And here we go:
In F1 Race Stars you get a game similar to Mario Kart. Same Power-Ups, same Gameplay. There is not much to say about these two points. But why does it just have 5 points in Fairness?

The Damage System! If you get hit, you get damaged, if you get damaged twice you are half as fast as the others. And that until you reach the next Repair Boxes. And to drive into these you loose even MORE time! Unfortunately you can only turn off the Damage playing with friends.

This leads to the next point: Multiplayer. There is no working multiplayer in this game! Noone plays it, becuase the Match Making is bugged...But if your friends play it, you get a nice experience: you can choose everything- Damage, Power Ups, Special Things, Length... And then the game makes very very much fun!

Unfortunately this game had no racing wheel support. Just controller support. But a good thing to say about it is that the Controls are pretty easy (WASD+Shift+Space+Alt) and that you can play this game in Co-Op mode with a splitscreen and on 1 computer. But you have to have a controller for each person you wanna play together with, just one person can use the keyboard.

Because of the easy Controls, the Replayability is very good. Also this game has very many game modes, a campain with several cups on several roads and a quick race mode. I took away 1 point because of the eventual Rage Quits because of the (Un)Fairness.

The Graphic is pretty good, the maps look cool and the special effects are well detailed. Everything is in a pretty comic style and there is no violent. You can play it with your whole family (if you turn off the damage...I am already hearing your kids cry...) and your friends.

The only thing I have to fault is the sometimes angular graphics. The sound is nice, too, but it had a bit potential upwards.

TL; DR:

This game is a Mario Kart for PC with an unfair Single Player Damage and no Online Community. Play with your friends or Offline and have fun!

What do you think about it? At easter I will review Sonic and all Star Racing Transformed and compare these two.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

But...the characters make Mario Kart Mario Kart.

1 decade ago

I think Sonic is a better choice. This one has a fuckton of DLC and seems kinda dull for a kart racing game. I mean generic powerups, not really a big variety.

If you are really into F1 you could buy this so that you get to play as Alonso or Schummi or whoever. But I'd say to go for Sonic (Which is or was for like 10€ at GG)

1 decade ago

Sonic is indeed the better game.

1 decade ago

+1, love the new sonic kart game but not a lot of people play it online sadly

1 decade ago

I agree. Transformed is an amazing game, I somewhat even prefer it over latest Mario Kart games since the course designs in it are far superior.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

ZSNES and a ROM. Multiplayer supported, online or local.

1 decade ago

F1 Shitty Stars =/= Mario Kart

If you are lookin for good game in Mario Kart style:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212480/?snr=1_7_15__13

1 decade ago

I wouldnt even consider Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed to be a mario kart clone
It's just so much better than Mario Kart to be considered one

1 decade ago

If you want a Mario Kart on PC that is actually even better than Mario Kart, just buy Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed

1 decade ago

+1 Best arcade racing game in ages for me.

1 decade ago

Zero Gear > all

1 decade ago

Sonic is the new Kart-King

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by EddyGaming.