Hello ! I wish that all of you is fine.

To speak today about The Order : 1886, I think that it's just a game with beautiful graphics. I love a game which offers hundreds of hours of playing with quests and all that goes with it. But a game with a lot of cinematics and QTE which offers only 10 hours of lifetime and dosen't give us the freedom to do what we want with our character, isn't one. Certainly the game has maybe a good scenario too but in my opinion the priority in a game is the amount of playable content. What do you think ?

Have a nice day !

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Shiny turd.

9 years ago

I haven't seen that much hype about it to be honest (probably because it's a PS4 exclusive), but I remember seeing a few trailers for it. Graphics looked stunning for a next-gen console, but after seeing recent gameplays for it, it looks a bit like a Victorian themed Splinter-Cell/Spec-Ops clone. I'm sure it is unique, but that's just my opinion after watching th first 30 minutes of a walkthrough.

I can't play it anyway, I don't have a console.

9 years ago

"I can't play it anyway, I don't have a console. " Feels, I'm not alone. :c

9 years ago

My last console was an original Xbox which I got in 2002 and a Sony PSP Go which I got last year. I thought about a PS3/Xbox 360, but then I spent $300+ on Steam games instead. :P

My sister's husband has an Xbox One though, but he only has Minecraft for it. :/

9 years ago

My rating is 6/10... 7 hours of gameplay - half of it are cutscenes. :D

9 years ago

Did you enjoy while playing it ?

9 years ago

I watched 1 youtube video of the playthrough and it was nearly all cinematics and QTEs. Not good imo. They might have done better if they made a movie and not a game.

9 years ago

^ This. With all the cinematics, it's clearly a movie instead of a game. x)

9 years ago

Gotta have that cinematic 24 fps

9 years ago

I'm pretty sure they responded to the 5 hour game length scandal with treat our game like a movie or something. Somebody i follow on twitter responded to that with ok, i won't pay 60$ for a movie, which also hits the nail on the head.

9 years ago

My theory with The Order is that someone at Sony was digging through their movie script pile and found a script about King Arthur's Knights fighting werewolves in a steampunk Victorian London and decided that it'd make a good PS4 exclusive. The problem is that they didn't want to turn it into a real game, so they made it into a "cinematic experience" because they can charge $60 for it instead of the price of a movie ticket. And they don't have to edit the script down to make it 2-3 hours long. It was never supposed to be a game, but someone at Sony thought it sounded like a good concept, which it is. It's just that someone in the creative process really wanted to be a filmmaker.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Just watch a playthrough. It will be pretty much the same experience as playing it.

9 years ago

I've never heard of this game. Oh wait, it's not on PC, that's why!

9 years ago

I like that it has mustaches, British people, and airships. That's uh, about it, really.

9 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-u5tvQC34
Interview with a "Ready at Dawn" developer [The Order: 1886]

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.