It's gone Free to Play as of a couple days ago apparently, but it's still in early access. Used to be $10. If you bought recently, remember there are Steam refunds (but if you want to support dev, then :).

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

The best part about this is all the people who used it as a CV booster when it was listed as 100$ ;)
Bye cheap free CV ;)

8 years ago*

You're most likely thinking of Snow Light, which is still 100$

8 years ago

Oh... Boo. Darn it :(

8 years ago

I just now took a look at Snow Light and I just don't know what to ask first.. Like why in the world is it 100 dollars?? >.> Especially when it is a crappy looking, poorly translated visual novel. I'm surprised anyone even had the money to waste to write a review on this.

8 years ago

dev changed it to $100 because apparently every month they were actually getting charged bank fees more than they were actually making.

8 years ago

Yeah. They're not seriously trying to sell it at $100 (though if they do, I guess they'll happily take it :D ) but just trying to bring attention to the situation.

8 years ago

must have been included in a bundle or something because I own a copy and no way would I spent 100 on that...

8 years ago

It was bundled twice :D

8 years ago

Oh, really? So my key is worth $15 real CV? Best bundle key evah!

8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Been wanting to play this for a while now.

8 years ago

Thanks!! i really wanted to try it

8 years ago

Do you know if the game will be free forever? Cause idk how to add it to my library without downloading it.

8 years ago

I'm pretty sure it will be free forever, it says in the announcements page for the game on 1/27 (or something around that date) with an update that says going free to play. Originally they were going to go F2P after they came out of early access, but looks like they changed their minds and went F2P while still being in early access.

If you can't download it now, and want to download it later, I would just add to wishlist so you can find it later.

8 years ago

Yeah I think it will be F2P forever because I think I remember seeing it saying it is in the description.

8 years ago

Click to install the game on its store page and when the Steam Client opens the installation window, cancel it. The game won't be visible in your library, but it will be added to your account. In the case of games that are temporarily free, by doing that you keep them after the price goes up.

8 years ago

Thanks, figured it out :)

8 years ago

It's not really a deal, as such - the game was always intended to be free to play, the charge was to support development, take part in the closed beta and to get some early adopter bonuses. Nice to see it actually reach this stage, though.

8 years ago

+1 This. ^^

8 years ago

8 years ago

I remember I was going to buy this years ago when I first seen it on Steam. I'm glad I waited for it to go f2p. I played it last night, & it's not too bad. A little buggy, but nothing too game breaking. For now the game only has skies, with snowboards being added later on.

My only gripe with the game is that you cannot jump off your skies & walk/run around. It's a pain in the ass. Oh, & those ragdolls!

8 years ago

They have clearly indicated on the store page that the game would be F2P someday. By purchasing I can keep it in my library permanently.

8 years ago

don't count on it, try to find woof blaster in your client library...
edit: snow devs may have handled the free thing better, see comment by PlyrStar93 below

8 years ago*

for any of you that have paid money for the game make note of it and hang on to your receipt because it may disappear from your library later on or disappear if/when it goes paid again.
woof blaster is a good recent example
http://store.steampowered.com/app/397990/

8 years ago

Woof Blaster's dev modified existing sub to have billing type changed from non-FoD to FoD, and this is not the first time a dev has done this.

Devs of SNOW have added FoD sub while keeping existing non-FoD subs:
The original Store sub: https://steamdb.info/sub/28964/
The new FoD sub: https://steamdb.info/sub/92822/history/

8 years ago

Is that working to keep the game in the client library list (which is separate from whether it shows up as owned on the store page)?
If so maybe this would be a good model of other devs that want to do the free thing without burnig their old customers, also if it works we should lobby for a change that after a steamID (game) has been sold for money the billing type cannot be changed, I mean hard wire it into the steam dev client/billing and licences thing.

8 years ago

As long as you have a non-Free on Demand sub for the game, you keep it in your client's game list (unless they transition that sub to F2P, which rarely happens but does happen). In fact, most games that have changed from paid to F2P have their old Store or CD Key sub kept for those who bought the game, so whoever bought them before F2P keep them in the client library forever.

You have a pretty valid point on the proposal and I agree with you indeed, assuming you mean the sub/package for a game. Unfortunately the modification of package billing type into F2P requires Valve's approval and once they approve the change it will take effect, hence the case with Woof Blaster.

8 years ago

Random bump :D

(1+1)M(1+2)LQ-ZGNVA-D(2+1)WDC

8 years ago

taken, not by me

8 years ago

didn't take key, but just wanted to point out, you're at 7,999 comments right now ;)

8 years ago

A Barter user offered me a few days ago a trade involving Snow. I declined because I was not really interested in the game, and I also noticed that he had been offering that game to everyone (and keeps doing it, he has several pending trades involving Snow). Now I understand why.

8 years ago

The game is worth much more now though since it will be removed for purchasing.
All the game collectors will be holding onto them and trading them in the future to people who need the +1

8 years ago

Then it's a little bit fishy that he wants to trade away his copies so badly.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.