It was 75% off, now it's 50%.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Good thing I picked it up

1 decade ago

oh wow, damnit, thought I could wait a couple more hours for that delicious deal,

ah well, it'll drop in price when I finish the rest of my unfinished/unplayed games I guess...

1 decade ago

+1 Me too, I can't buy it right now :@

1 decade ago

It'll get there in time...

1 decade ago

And i thought Valve changes his mind on this sale, nope! here we go again.

1 decade ago

Here

You missed nothing :)

1 decade ago

Indeed I didn't, but the people who got them from me missed something haha it was cheaper at the brazilian Steam store.

1 decade ago

^This!
Was cheaper at Nuuvem :)
And wasn't an error, it was on the 8-hour promo, like Skyrim right now!
Thanks for skyrim!

1 decade ago

I can't honestly believe it took them 6 hours to notice it.

1 decade ago

I think they may do pricing errors just to fool us at purchasing games. :P

1 decade ago

2K probably gave them a set number they could sell at $14.99.

1 decade ago

It was a flash sale, then it was a holiday sale, just like Skyrim

1 decade ago

Probably because it wasn't 90% deal, so numbers of sales weren't skyrocketing like with other price bugs.

1 decade ago

Meh. Still a good deal. Bought it for that price on Black Friday for 360. I'm on my second play through and I still haven't played everything. I skipped some stuff to mostly play the main story and now I'm concentrating on side stuff. If you like loot fests and guns this game is for you. Also the Psycho is amazing!

1 decade ago

Amazon Borderlands2

Price match lol (Mac Version is $14.99)

1 decade ago

How do you price match on Amazon?

1 decade ago

Sometimes I think these pricing errors are actually limited mega discounts. They can't be consistently incompetent - even Gamersgate stopped screwing up.

1 decade ago

They just fix them faster.

They just had this morning Dead Island Riptide for $2 :D

1 decade ago

lol, I guess I should pay more attention to their sales.

1 decade ago

When? That deal started yesterday, that's unlikely that they would change the price during while the deal is on (except to fix the price, of course).

1 decade ago

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Game-Year-Online-Code/dp/B00FT3NFPU/

Amazon has MAC+PC/Windows code for 75% off.

Edit: This was said below hour ago :D

1 decade ago

I really wonder whether the Mac Download version works on Windows. Amazon claims it works only on OSX.
Edit: Just found my answer. It does work on both.

1 decade ago

It's a SteamPlay game, so it will work on both Mac and PC. You can see the SteamPlay icon on the Borderlands 2 store page

1 decade ago

You came too late. My source is here.

1 decade ago

Has this been fixed then since it's showing me 50% off only now?

1 decade ago

Well, Get Games Go (a UK site) had the 75% off sale first. Then Steam matched them. I think Steam just had a shorter sale, though, like an 8 hour flash sale.

The GGG sale is still on: http://getgamesgo.com/product/borderlands-2-mac-goty

As for the Mac version, it plays just fine on PC. It only says Mac version because it also works on the Mac. I just beat the second boss... or rather the trio of them (Boom, Bewm, and Big Bertha). This is very early in the game. But it plays just fine. I have Windows 7. No Apple crap anywhere in my home. Closest I come to Apple crap is, my niece has an iPod Touch. I don't do fashion computers.

1 decade ago

did the ggg mac version really work for pc? did they just give u a steam key and ....thats it?

1 decade ago

I don't know why you think it wouldn't. I just said I played through to the second boss. I've played a bunch more since then.

Some people on GGG's Facebook page were accusing them of hating gamers by posting the Mac version. They assured everyone it would work on PC. And it does.

They only say 'Mac version' because the game works on both. It's SteamPlay. That means you buy the game once and it works on all supported platforms. Windows, and/or Mac, and/or Linux. Steam knows what platform you have, and downloads accordingly. And, I think the saves also sync between them, so if you have a Mac AND a Windows box, I think you can start on one, and pick up on the other. Not as sure about that though.

Somebody also said (on another forum) that it's a licensing issue... by saying 'Mac version,' the company doing the Mac part get a bigger cut (likely Aspyr, they do a ton of Mac ports) but I don't know about that. Or care. It plays so I'm happy. Steam achievements too.

I don't see a problem.

Oh, it did default to 720p (Mac thing? I know the iPhone can't even do HD yet) and wouldn't let me change it in the launcher. As soon as I got into the game though, I put it up to 1080p and everything was sweet after that. But maybe the 'PC version' does that as well?

1 decade ago

will the amazon "mac" version really work on pc?? sounds... fishy...or should i go with GGG?

1 decade ago

It's Steamworks game. It doesn't matter where you buy it, it will still activate on Steam.

1 decade ago

I thought that was just the intended discount. xP

1 decade ago

I bought a copy for a friend immediately even though I am not even sure her computer can run it xD I knew it was a mistake.

1 decade ago

Normal Borderland 2 is 75% and goty at 50%, maybe they mix the prices, or maybe you see the normal borderland 2 at 75% and when you click in it they show you the trailer of the goty version...that happen to me :P

(sorry for the gramatical errors)

1 decade ago

Will not buy GOTY even it is -90%.

1 decade ago

75% off is for basic version. GOTY is - 50% -it wasn't another on steam (cheaper was on Amazon -75% for all). I want buy GOTY (1 and 2), but it is still too expensive. For smaller amount of money I have got Dead Island + Dead Island Riptide, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Shadow Warior, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider (2013), Dungeon Siege 3, Just Cause 2, Hitman: Blood Money, Euro Truck Simulator 2 with DLC Going East.

1 decade ago

No, Borderlands 2 GOTY was 75% off yesterday when the sale started.

1 decade ago

Are you sure? I didn't see it like that and I was checking sale the second it started.

1 decade ago

Yes, when the sale started the GOTY edition was -75%. I bought it for 12,49€. Steam often seems to change prices after some time.

1 decade ago

Yup, GOTY was at -75% for a long while, I even got mine for 6 keys that way.
It seemed strange at the time taht the Season Pass was as expensive as the GOTY version.

1 decade ago

Not really. It's normal that publishers punish early buyers.

1 decade ago

They do, but it stil sounded stupid even while thinking that.

1 decade ago

I'm happy that I got two BL2 GOTY copies for only 10 euros.

1 decade ago

No mistake. 2K just got greedy.

1 decade ago

is borderlands 2 GOTY even worth getting? what's better than the normal version?

1 decade ago

It comes with the season pass plus the psycho pack. I have the GOTY edition on 360 and it's a much better deal. Comes with the 4 major "expansions" and the first level cap upgrade. Also comes with an extra little arena thing and the other two extra classes. Only thing that you would have to buy other than the GOTY would be the second level cap upgrade and if you want the holiday DLCs which don't really seem worth it. If the content is only $3 idk if there would be much in it. The best story DLC would be Tiny Tina's assault on Dragon Keep. For comedy you would want Mr. Torgue dlc and for loot you get the pirate dlc.

1 decade ago

All the GotY versions have the same content - the base game, the four expansions, the Mechromancer, the Psycho, the Collector's Edition Skins, the Creature Slaughterdome, and the first level cap increase.

1 decade ago

It's 10£ at game.co.uk. Still a nice price!

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by KarlSanders.