I want to make a giveaway but i can't find the metro 2033 in the complete list of games? Why? Should i pick something else and explain in the description?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

it's was removed because it was free.

9 years ago

"Should i pick something else and explain in the description?"

uh, no, that's a terrible move. because you're not actually giving that "something else" away

just don't try to give away games that you got for free, and we're golden :)

9 years ago

This doesnt make any sense. One could have had metro 2033 even before then it was free. And right now it is not free. People are missing free metro 2033 just because of this nonsense.

9 years ago

Yes, it makes sense. it was removed to avoid people getting CV from a game they got for free.

if you want to give the key to someone who miss the giveaway, just drop it on the forums.

9 years ago

As Roxas said, just drop the key if you want to give it so badly.

For those who have a Metro 2033 key that does not expires on November 21, they can always wait for the game to be re-added to the list. (I suppose it's bound to happen at some point?)

9 years ago

No. Site only gave keys for those who registered during their one day period(they ran out of keys at that time)
So you cant simply take a key from humblebundle right now.

I was planning to give my free key here but apparently a site who was made to give free keys doesnt allow me to give one, so i'd rather trade that key for something else. Someone who is reading this right now could have won and happily play the game.

9 years ago

9 years ago

So... a site to make giveaways with a system to make those giveaways don't let you make a giveaways. Ok...

You could, i dunno... maybe... remove the CV of those games so those kids who only cares to exploit the system to get free expensive games thanks to their high CV dont cry and those who want to make a giveaway can use the system.

Just a wild idea.

9 years ago

Or... you know... if you absolutely want to give away a game, you could just drop the key, be it on this very forum or anywhere else. No need of creating a GA for that.

But if you want to be part of steamgifts, you have to abide by the rules and rules say "no giveaways for games you got for free" and since people tend to overlook that because they don't read the FAQ, games get pulled off the list.

Besides, your idea of simply removing CVs for exploited games would probably only results in a lots of I JUST CREATED A GA BUT THERE'S NO CV, WHYYYYY!?!!1 posts instead of I CAN'T CREATE A METRO2033 GA, WHYYYY!??!1 ones.

9 years ago

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.