Sooooo, long time ago i bougth Spintires on a sale, after that the game was deleted from the store and now they release "Spintires: MudRunner" that looks like the same thing.

Do you think this new game worth it?

(The poll is only to make fast link to the games)

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is the same?

View Results
MudRunner
Spintires®

I'll find out when I get home.
I really liked Spintires, we'll see if I'll like this one too.

6 years ago

its the same game just a bit more updated than the old one
they made a new title for the game to sell it as a new game but its clearly not a new game...

its just because to get more buyers :)
i already own spintires and its pretty boring game tbh.

6 years ago*

its just because to get more buyers :)

read up the story behind this game. i think there is more to it. they had an argument with the publisher or something, if i recall correctly.

6 years ago

$15 for the same game just a bit different doesnt make sense to me i dont want to read any stories about it because for me its just a money catcher game.

$15 if you own spintires
$29 if you dont own spintires

6 years ago*

If the Devs have moved to Focus, you need to pay if you want further updates

6 years ago

well, to be fair - you also need to pay for those updates now (15$). ^^

6 years ago

i agree it should be way cheaper or free for owners of the original. still, it's an improved version and they are able and presumably willing to provide updates in the future, which they can't do with the old game. for some people that might be worth the cost.

6 years ago

That doesnt make sense. Being a different publisher, they had to buy the license.
And they dont even owe anyone anything, the original game would get no further updates, it was dead.

6 years ago

still, if someone already bought the game i don't think it's that fair that he has to pay 50% (of the new, higher price)! just to get an updated version. i think they should at least have given a higher discount to old customers. all they do now is scare away their user base instead of migrating them. i believe many would have bought an upgrade for the newer version for 5 bucks or less.

6 years ago

Since its successful crowdfunding campaign in 2013, tensions between Zagrebelny and Oovee have left the game’s fate in question. The back and forth over several years included accusations of Oovee abandoning it, temporary reconciliation, sabotage rumours and the game being pulled from sale, and fixes and returns and terse statements.

6 years ago

i will wait until its in a humble bundle and get it very cheap

6 years ago

I love spintires, but looks like the same game with little improvements. If the multiplayer is better, and let more than 4 players may be I will think to buy it, but I think it will not have such feature ¿?

6 years ago

You will be able to save game in multilayer

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.