SteamGifts Tools is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:

Link www.sgtools.info

Themes

1. SG Dark Grey Userstyle by SquishedPotatoe thread
  2. Old (deprecated) ones:

User Scripts

1. SGTools Helper: Help you create giveaways with SGTools typical options and marks protected giveaways on steamgifts giveaway page
  2. Links to user profile: Awesome userscript made by SilentGuy that adds links to the common sgtools checks on a user profile. See his thread
  3. Links on giveaway's winners page. The script will add a sgtools.info link next to each winner's 'Request New Winner' link in your giveaway's winners list, so that you can easily check them for non-activated and multiple wins
  4. ESGST: An all-in-one script to rock your Steamgifts experience. It integrates to and gives quick access to several SGT functionality from inside steamgifts website.

Tools

1. Check real cv value (as we had in steamgifts v1) and it's level translation with a detailed log of every game contribution and how they add up to the final number.
  2. Check real cv for your won gifts, so you can compare with your send gifts.
  3. Check if a user has activated all his gifts, useful if you want to check a little bit the winners of your giveaways.
  4. Multiple Wins. Checks if a user has won and marked as received the same game more than once
  5. Last Bunled Games. List new additions to the bundle list of the last 7 days with a minimum of 50 entries, showing the game (with a link to steam), the date since the game is considered bundled and the date when it was added to the bundle list.
  6. Create, manage and enter giveaways with more advanced and complex filters than the ones in steamgifts.
  7. Deals and their bundle status

Limitations

1. Since CG don’t give us an open API, all requests have to parse your full profile to check your sent games, this will take some seconds (more if you gave away tons of games!), so please be patient.
  2. The site uses a cached bundle list, so if you find a recent bundle game that gives you a full value instead of the 15% one, just wait until the next cached bundle list is ready. Cached Bundle list auto-updates itself every 6 hours starting at 3:00AM GMT (3am, 9am, 3pm, 9pm).
  3. The tool will search steam API to get the real cost for packages that has its point value truncated to 50 in steamgifts, but if the package is no longer available the tool will use the points as CV (50$).
  4. It may sound obvious, but the tool can't check not activated gifts if the profile is private.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

This thread contains a Wiki visible with the GHWSGI userscript. If you prefer to see it directly on GitHub instead, click here.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

RACE Injection causes false positives, like for example here, which I've confirmed with support to indeed be a false positive.

8 years ago

Added to whitelist, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Hello knsys.
Since yesterday all giveaways that I try to enter by http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/ send me a message that I didnt have activate a game or my profile is private.
But my profile on steam is not private and according to this http://www.sgtools.info/nonactivated/piscaaa I have activated all wins....
After contact support he said that my account is fine. But still cant enter on ga

jatan11t
(Support)
Hello piscaaa.

Your account looks fine. SGTools is a third party site which we are not responsible for. Read this to contact the dev.

Can you help me?

8 years ago

Btw already synchronize a lot of times

8 years ago

You have to synchronize on SGTools, not on steamgifts.

8 years ago

Related to yesterday's database rebuild:

NEWS

New train system is on the works.
You'll see that now giveaway creation part accepts multiple steamgifts url's. The first one is considered the main giveaway and it'll be the one that appears on the sgtools protected giveaway detail.
You'll only be able to enter wagons to sgtools during giveaway creation time, and they cannot be modified (either removed or added). If you need more wagons you will need to create another giveaway altogether.

In short, a wagon will only be considered protected if it has been added during giveaway creation time, that gives more control over trains and closes some spaces that malicious users could use to try to ban other people.

When the system is finished, you will only be able to check invalid entries for wagons that are on the system associated with the main giveaway.

8 years ago

Is this working yet? When I go to the manage giveaway page, the create giveaway box has an example with multiple giveaway links in it, but no matter what I do it doesn't work. The example's links are all connected with no spaces, but doing it that way it tells me the URL is invalid. If I put multiple links separated by spaces or line breaks and press the Create button, it just loads and loads. I left it going for a while and eventually it came back with an "500 Internal Server Error".

8 years ago

It should be like in the example, with line breaks separators.

How many of them are you trying to put there? It should work without problems, it just needs time to parse them all

8 years ago

This is what I see in the example (attached image). All the links are one line with no space or line breaks. I first tried with spaces and it just sits there loading. I stopped it after a minute or two, then tried with line breaks and got the same thing. That time I left it going while I switched to another tab to look up this post and that's when I got the error. I then tried it all together with no breaks like what I see in the example and it just gives an error about invalid URL.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Oh so Firefox displays it like this? I'll correct that.

Try with line breaks, when you tried there was a bug causing a non-working state on giveaway parsing.

8 years ago

Sorry for the "duplicate" post, seems I messed the topics.

Seems it doesn't work right for me for giveaways. It says I have multiple wins while I don't and my ratio is not what it says it is. For example if I check it from here I can see (like I know) that I don't have multiple wins. So I can't enter some SGTools giveaways because of it... And yes I just synced my account.

It doesn't mark me as duplicate winner now, but still my ratio is wrong.

8 years ago

The multiple win thing can be that you synced at the same time as your won games grown in size, so when the tool parsed the next page it read the last giveaway.

About the ratio, which one is wrong? And why do you feel is wrong?

8 years ago

Well some giveaways have a requirement of .75 ratio and the tool doesn't allow me to enter because it says I have a .64 ratio while my ratio is .84

8 years ago

Real CV sent: 3,552.75 $
Real CV won: 5,582.10 $

Ratio : 3,552.75 / 5,582.10 = 0.6365

8 years ago

Aha, now it makes sense. Sorry for the false alarm...

8 years ago

Having an issue with correct SGTools synchronization. The SGTools protected GA updated today and claims that I have a multiple win, but I don't. I checked on http://www.sgtools.info/multiple/DanZDK which confirms that I don't. My latest win was
WARMACHINE: Tactics - Mercenaries Faction Bundle (DLC) which might be in conflict with WARMACHINE Standard Edition that I won a long time ago? But the website can detect the difference, so shouldn't the GA edition also?

8 years ago

Seems that steamgifts paging system is not working properly, sometimes reporting the last giveaway on the next page.

I'll add a protection against this kind of steamgifts errors when I get time

Edit: It looks like a bug introduced on recent change

8 years ago*

Thanks for the quick update! I'll be awaiting the fix then. :)

8 years ago

Patch is on place, it's not perfect since private giveaways don't show the giveaway id, but it solves the issue on the majority of cases.

Now let's wait for CG to fix it on steamgifts side.

8 years ago

If the Activated wins checker indicates clearly that we should "manually check the results", how does it make any sense to use it as an automated pre-requisite for entering giveaways?

8 years ago

It's always a good idea to manually check everything that is automated, and more knowing how bad steam api is.
That being said, people report quickly if there is a sneaky game that gets detected as a positive when it shouldn't, so usually is flagging correctly.

Your case is a correct flag, you don't own that game, you own a similar one, but not the one that you won :)

8 years ago

where is my platinum profile

8 years ago

Where is my ferrari? :3

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Hi Knsys,

can you add a personal blacklist for sgtools similar to steamgifts ? Some of my RU/CIS "friends" were already blacklisted here at sg but i guess a few have still access to the sgtools website,pass the sgtools requirements and reveal the original Steamgifts URL a short time later in this russian 2ch board.Some kind of revenge,i guess.

8 years ago

A SGTools blacklist would create a drama of epic proportions, so I don't think it's a good idea.
Even in the case that you describe, they will be rerolled and a strike on the ban system for breaking in without a valid entry. At the end, they will just stop entering random private giveaways.

8 years ago

Well,the main problem are not the leaked entries (small fry) but those sg users who publish the original sg URL at 2ch.As long as they can pass the sgtools requirements this will be a neverending story but OK let's drop the idea.

8 years ago

NEWS

New Infraction system on the works.
Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This will use a strike system to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being banned.

Right now users serving a current infraction (aka an infraction with an ending time greater than now), will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from checking giveaway's requisites and getting urls.

If you were banned now you'll see a 3000 years infraction ending time, don't worry, the strike system still is on the works and the infraction time will adapt itself to the correct value after strike system is finished.

This is just the first step towards the strike system :)

8 years ago

I just noticed that Just a small note: I just noticed that "Reverse order (from new to old)"is not carried over to the tabs. i.e. all my games sent are ordered newest first, but if I check only public they are oldest first.

8 years ago

Fixed, thanks for the report :)

8 years ago

Can we get custom rules for date since last non-activated win and allow a certain number of non-activated wins? I'm willing to forgive the first mistake, so I'd like to allow people that have one non-activated win to enter or maybe if their last non-activated win was over a year ago to enter a giveaway. It looks like you have this custom rule for the multiple wins, but I don't see it for non-activated wins.

8 years ago

It's widely accepted that non activated wins are just too easy to fix to allow this kind of distinction. That's why there is the timer option for multiple wins (hard to fix if they are old), but not for not activated rule.

8 years ago

It's not always so easily fixed. The post that got me thinking about this, a guy won a giveaway 3 years ago, the key didn't work, so the creator gave him 2 other games and he marked it received. He can't fix it because the game is no longer available on Steam or sold anywhere anymore.

My reason for using SGTools was to weed out people that have broken the rules multiple times. Someone that broke a rule over a year ago, served their suspension and learned from their mistake and has been good since then I'd be willing to forgive. I doubt I would ever use the multiple wins exception. If someone won a game and didn't activate it, they obviously didn't care about the game the first time if they didn't activate it (and probably re-gifted it), so to keep entering giveaways for it and win it a second time, I can't see any reason to forgive that.

8 years ago

I keep being told I have an infraction? Not sure why, haven't broken any rules??

8 years ago

You entered a Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel + Season Pass giveaway that finished on 30/3/2016 without a valid SGTools entry

8 years ago

NEWS

New Infraction system.
Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This new system will use a strikes based calculations to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being permanently denied of getting thought sgtools giveaways.

Strike system details:

1. First Strike -> 1 month
  2. Second Strike -> 3 months
  3. Third Strike -> 6 months
  4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).

Users currently serving an infraction will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from qualifying for giveaways and getting the url.

There is still permabans in place (currently only 5), for the following cases:

• Users that misuse giveaway feedback to bypass giveaway rules
  • Giveaway url leakers
  • Trying to exploit in any other way the system
8 years ago

Just to add a lil' humor, change the 4th infraction to 9001 years. :3

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Hi, I currently have an infraction and I have no idea why I got it. I haven't received any strikes so I'm curious as to why this is the case.

EDIT 1: Okay, I just realized I had received a PERMABAN. but I haven't done ANY of those actions. I'll concede that I might (Maybe? It may have originated from Playblink as I remember steamgifts giveaways being shared there a few times) have entered a giveaway through a leaked URL, but I've certainly not have done any of the actions that merits a permaban.

EDIT 2: Just checked the rules checker, it says that I did not activate some DLCs. But 5 of the 6 DLCs listed were part of the GOTY version I won, and for the final DLC I activated it the moment I had found out I won. Could that be the reason why I was permabanned?

8 years ago*

Hi Pyxios,

You have two strikes, the permaban was a glitch on display, an old cache that is now updated.
Checking your two strikes, it seems that you were affected by the timezone glitch that we were discussing a nearly a month ago, did you just realize the infraction?

I'll recheck your infractions and lift the ones affected by the timezone.

PS: Only giveaway part can get you an infraction, so the number of unactivated wins or multiple wins is not relevant for infractions.

8 years ago

I've been on and off recently so I haven't had many opportunities to enter sgtools protected giveaways. So yesterday, when I had the chance it was quite the shocker to find out that I had been banned. Thank you for lifting the infractions.

8 years ago

Alien: Isolation (1 Copy) (7.5$ Total)
Lords Of The Fallen™ (1 Copy) (3$ Total)
can you fix it, because steamgifts delete this games from bundle list
http://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games

8 years ago

Removed from bundle list, thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Is there a custom rule that says you can't enter if one of your giveaways is "Failed to be sent"?

8 years ago

There is no such custom rule, and I fail to see how that can help anyone?

8 years ago

It ensures you have kept up with the rules and haven't created a giveaway on the past that you have no intention of giving t9 the orson that's drawn. I think it goes right along with the other basic rules.

8 years ago

As far as I know, the rule that forces you to deliver a game was introduced long into SGv2, but I can assure you that in SGv1 there was the possibility to get a "hit on send %" without any penalty, in fact there was an indicator of that percentage in every user profile.

I remember reading threads about that in sgv1 and if I remember well there was a thread when this changed with alot of people opinions.

Long story short, I don't think punishing a long-time normal behavior for a later rule it's a good idea, even more because usually those people were heavy contributors.

8 years ago

Got referred to this thread now to report invalid entries, since the other thread is closed. Hope i'm doing that right here now.
The sgtools giveawayID id: 0f5f0589-0964-11e6-a85e-04019cc0dc01.
If i'm posting it somewhere wrong, please tell me where i can post then.

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply, infractions has been served :)

8 years ago

SGT keeps telling me my profile was flagged for unactivated wins or private, but it's clean and public. Any idea how to solve this?
Nevermind, I didn't know you could resync SGTools too...

8 years ago*

Try to resync

8 years ago

Did that twice, also deleted cache and cookies, still nothing....
Nevermind, I didn't know you could resync SGTools too...

8 years ago

Hi!
Won today this pack http://store.steampowered.com/sub/81374/ (Ru/CIS gift), but Rules checker says that i didn't activate Helicopter 2015: Natural Disasters (http://store.steampowered.com/app/350540) & Construction Machines Simulator 2016 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/355330) from this pack. Don't know what the problem...

8 years ago

They are not appearing at steam api, added to whitelist. Thanks for the report!

8 years ago

Thanks!=))

8 years ago

I won this game a day ago and already activated it but earlier I tried to enter a sgtool giveaway and failed because it flags me as I didn't activated the game. the hell? It even shows as non-activated in the rules checker.

8 years ago

+1 I am in the same position as him :P

yes my game is activated.. but I guess the steam API reports a different code?

The giveaway in question is this : https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/fLGzM/sector-724

The game : http://store.steampowered.com/app/459410/

My account is always public so I'm sure you can check this by yourself. Thanks!

8 years ago

Same here!!!

8 years ago

knsys

It has been solved, re-sync your profile.

8 years ago

8 years ago

I'm guessing it's okay to post here? Since the other one is closed and seeing the post above?.
ID: 2f666303-fcca-11e5-a85e-04019cc0dc01
ID: a51d168e-064c-11e6-a85e-04019cc0dc01

8 years ago

Infractions applied, thanks for the report :)

8 years ago

Trying to look up my own sent CV using the tool brings up the following error:
"Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Noteworthy is that I have exactly the CV requirement for level 5, not one cent more or less.
Checking my won CV works properly, as well as the rule checkers.

8 years ago

Nice find, indeed the problem was with the contribution value, you had a CV of 250.004 that was between 250.00 and 250.01 that the db was looking for.

It should be fixed now :)

8 years ago

Yay it works again! Only it shows level 4, 100% to level 5, minor detail, just thought Id let you know. I guess it doesnt matter anyway, my CV will increase soon and I doubt this will affect many users if any at all.

8 years ago

Hi there...so with the "New train system," we have to enter all of the wagons' URLs at the time we create the SGT GA? And if we don't, then those wagons are not SGT-protected and not subject to re-rolls?
Man, I wished I noticed that change. Now all but one wagon is available to cheaters, so far as I can tell.
Oh well, I won't make the same mistake twice.

8 years ago

I made the same mistake twice.

7 years ago

.. Well.. maybe i will get a few blacklist for suggesting this but...
Today I suddenly realize only 9.6% of my Total Gift CV are from public Giveaways. and only 8.2% of my winning CV are from public giveaways...

Which means.. people that include myself don't quite trust public giveaway that much and not making/joining enough of them...

Can you add a script to allow me to make some special case GA? And maybe more people will use them...

like only people that 25% of CV are from making public GA can join this GA? (25% can be a user define % would be even super)..
Another option to limite those 25% to be region Free Giveaway would be even more super.

I will promise to do a GA for 5 copies of hpyerdevotion noire if you make that Script possible. Maybe more people will join me.. make it a SG public giveaway awareness week or something...

8 years ago

That would be custom rule:
real_sent_public>=0.25*real_sent_cv

There are only values for region-restricted total, bundled and unbundled. No split between public/private/group

8 years ago

Prus666 already got the answer for you, the first requirement is easily done with custom rule :)

Second one is more tricky, since I don't store separated values for region restricted games, so at the moment is not feasible to distinguish only the public region restricted part of the CV.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.