Hi,
so i'm very bored and i want to play a new game and i need advice guys, help out a brother ! it will most likely be an adventure rpg, i remember having a good time on Dragon Quest tho, but really i don't like turn by turn that much, only if necessary, there was that game that was like one of my fav games ever, Rogue galaxy, a game-play like that would be awesome, yes something like rogue galaxy if you know that game (oh boy i loved the Insector tournament inside the game), thank you in advance for any of your suggestions, i hesitated long before making this discussion because i didn't have a game to giveaway inside but then i thought, why not, let's just try it! people may just answer me like that :D
Giveaway By Adam1224, indeed it is not safe to go alone!
EDIT : POST will close as soon as the giveaway will end, thank you all for your help but i really got enough suggestions, now i'm thinking about which one to chose, so really, thanks again and have a nice day or night or whatever it is over there :D

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

not quite what you want, but ima still go with Oceanhorn

8 years ago

wow, actually looks great! thank's alot !!

8 years ago

ive been playing it recently, about 19hours in. its been pretty nice.

Here are some others you could check out:
Lili: Child of Geos
Fable
Toren (I've only played this one a little so far)
Recettear (this one involves running an item shop, so the sim aspect might not appeal to you)

Forward to the Sky ( i havent played this one, but i think its similar to what you want)

8 years ago

you certainly know your stuff, all of these look great ! while i don't have the funds to get them all (only one in fact lol) i'll be looking forward to acquiring them all ! :D thanks a lot for these refreshing games !
edit: after some thoughts, Recettear really is the one from these new additions that appeals the most to me, i just can't deny the charm of those oldish rpg graphics, oh man)

8 years ago*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70420/ this is another game by the Dev of Recettear, might appeal to you as well then

8 years ago

thank you for your suggestions, really priceless !

8 years ago

Check out some videos on YouTube. If the games are appealing to you, then just get the entire Carpe Fulgar pack.

8 years ago

wow the recommendations down the page reminded me of the excellent old Yis games ! thank you for taking the time to give me your suggestion and even giving me the steam store page !

8 years ago

Toren isn't very good. Enjoyable, but a bit eerie. I got it as a pre-purchase :P Played about 5 hours so far, nearing the end i think. Not a bad game, but if you expect stuff like Fable, you'll be disappointed. I was.

8 years ago

i had a feeling when i saw the screenshots, my spider senses warned me, and you just confirmed that, thanks =)

8 years ago

:)

8 years ago

Oceanhorn is really fun to play!
I just finished it a few days ago too :)

For where it is applicable, like Recettear, I'd suggest trying the demo first, just in case it turns out you don't like the game or it won't run properly on your PC.

8 years ago

oh, there's a demo for recettear, i'll try it, thanks for telling me =)

8 years ago

I always check for demos, easiest and most cost-efficient way to check if I like a game or not :)

8 years ago

that's a good habit you got there =)

8 years ago

I didn't read your shit but go and play FTL

8 years ago

thank you for your advice, maybe another time =)

8 years ago

It doesn't quite fit your parameters but FTL is a fantastic game.

8 years ago

i'll believe you, because it says Overwhelmingly positive on the FTL steam page, but really, it's not my cup of tea, i don't have the patience to play a game with a field of view as small as that, i can't keep staring at my 2D spaceship and try to keep it alive for hours, that's just too much for me, i'd rather let them all die lol

8 years ago

Fair enough. My crew has a 100% death rate anyways. I've yet to defeat the boss :(

8 years ago

good luck =)

8 years ago

X3 Terran conflict came to my mind as you mentioned Rogue Galaxy, or you could give Zigfrak a try :)
Also, it's dangerous to go alone without giveaways so take this: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/wlGGd

8 years ago

although these two games look great, they are not exactly what i'm looking for, rogue galaxy wasn't actually based around space adventure, but mostly adventures on planets, it was really a great game, and with all due respect your giveaway link says page not found, but i do appreciate the move, thank you =)

8 years ago

You have to put another ' / ' at the end of it.

8 years ago

oh thank you

8 years ago

Mass Effect
Lost Planet

8 years ago

thank you for these two very good suggestions, i'll keep them in mind!

8 years ago

Parkan 2 (or II?) then? If I remember well in that game you can land on planets as well :)

8 years ago

well thank you for yet again another interesting suggestion, but really Rogue Galaxy is much like a Final Fantasy, you only go to space when you travel between two planets, and it's more like a teleportation, you chose the planet on the map and it goes there, there are few planets and when you reach them, you follow the map, which is much like FF12 but smaller, the game-play is you push button O you hit with your sword, you hit button square you shoot with your gun, you hit button X you jump and Triangle is for magic or i forgot what it is, really it was an awesome game, it also had Insector battles, insects that you caught yourself with traps, that you feed, breed and train for chess like battles, and it had some kind of Bounty Hunter's rank, where you increase your rank by doing side missions and taking contracts to kill big monsters, much like FF12 yet again, oh did i mention that FF12 is another one of my all time Fav games? :D

8 years ago

I'm start to feel a little ashamed, as I have Rogue Glaaxy for quite a long time yet haven't played it :D I should know my games a little better plus haven't played any FF games, but let's keep it as a secret

8 years ago

i wish i could forget everything about my fav games and discover them again, you are very lucky :D

8 years ago

thanks again, i'll put it on the thread ! :D

8 years ago

I'm quite curious about why you have blacklisted me. I never dealt with you(?)

8 years ago

comment obsolate

8 years ago*

Nice catch, Adam.

8 years ago

Not the correct action, however.

8 years ago

I'm very sad to see that it seems that SG staff is very active in suspending long time members who have contributed a lot to SG because of what they write on the forum and at the same time real bad users get away with fraud, thievery and other criminal mischief.

8 years ago

The rules apply to all, including the "real bad users."

8 years ago

The problem is that the rules are not enforced for most serious offenses.
I know that there are rules against scamming, fraud, etc. But if only 2 people can hand those out and those people are too busy, the end result is that no punishment is given and in effect, the rules are not enforced for those offenses. I got about 10 tickets open, a few of them for serious offenses as stealing and fraud and none of the tickets is getting picked up.
If then at the same time there is enough staff to give suspensions for minor offenses, it creates the unwanted situation we have going on right now where only the minor infractions get punished.

8 years ago

I can understand how it might seem that way. The need to protect the privacy of individuals means that major infractions are reported in secret, investigated in secret, documented in secret, relegated to the appropriate authority in secret, and punished in secret. This results in most SG users being oblivious to what goes on behind the scenes. Meanwhile, lesser infractions that occur in public are resolved quickly because their publicity demands an immediate response, their resolution takes two minutes, and they will most likely be seen by every Staff member "on duty" at the time. Expecting regular SG users to keep all of this in mind is asking a lot.

When we moderators choose to take on the task of Support, we do it with the understanding that some people will throw negativity at us because they do not understand. Patience is therefore a vital part of the job. I share in your frustration to some extent, but I also know how hard the Support Staff is working. These people take hours out of their day to analyze, investigate, and address the issues of this community, and they do it all out of the goodness of their hearts with nothing to show for it. If we fail to meet your expectations, then I'm not sure what to say about it.. I do want to reassure you that we continue to serve the SG community and are making great headway in tackling the backlog of tickets. Thousands upon thousands have already been addressed, but we are not out of the woods, yet. Someday soon, however, there will be a considerably shorter response time for things like fraud.

8 years ago*

Yes, I fully realize that being a support staff is not an easy job. There are many issues to deal with and some of them are quite tough.
I myself am the head admin of the most active private giveaway group which is active on SteamGifts. And also there we have a huge workload on keeping everything running smoothly. Luckily I also have the support of a group of officers to keep the group running smoothly. So I do understand what you are getting on your plate.
I just wish the abuse tickets would be picked up quicker. And I understand that is not something you can change, but needs to be changed at the top organization level. But something needs to improve to keep SG running smoothly.
We had to remove a user from our group for scamming people on SteamGifts and it pains me to see that tickets like these are just gathering dust.

8 years ago

The delay pains us, also, but the situation on SG continues to improve. Even with limited staff, it is simply a matter of time before we are able to keep up with the demand.

8 years ago

I was registered since a few days and didn't read the rules. I taught I could do everything with the prize like on other GA sites, so I gave it away to a friend.
I did a mistake and i'm sorry, if you feel that I deserve a blacklist and a report feel free to do that. But I've did no mistakes since then and been active as gifter. Your choice.

8 years ago

It's never too late to fix it - each of the three games were and probably will be heavily discounted (to 0.1-0.3€), It's quite possible that you can even trade them, if you want to (they are actually good games according to their reviews, so it would worth a shot)
I remember your early " Who's awesome??" topic, so really, besides this minor fault I don't have anything against you. You seem like a fair person, don't let others think otherwise - if you have the funds, correct it someday. Noone will be able to tell afterwards when did you activate your games. It's forgiven on my part :)

8 years ago

Thanks for understanding. Not everyone cares to take a moment to do that. I will find a way to add them to my library.
Btw I'm not here to be a leecher as you can see, I actually like this community :)

8 years ago

you have arguably the best Batman Akrham game on your library, you could try to 100% it is really fun =P

8 years ago

it may be so, but i'm really looking for something more cheerful, i really need some colors and something to change my mood, a game as dark as Batman Arkham Asylum is quite dark and will most likely add to my slight 'feel bad waves' i have right now, but thank you for your suggestion :)

8 years ago

Unepic

8 years ago

don't boo me but i really feel like playing something epic and a bit more 3D if you see what i mean :3 , thank you tho =)

8 years ago

Oh man I loved Rogue Galaxy a lot, my copy had a problem though and couldn't load past a certain cut scene.... I looked for a new copy everywhere but couldn't find one, a month after that I had to sell my PS2 and all my games coz I was so broke i had to eat a pack of ramen noodle a day... So i could never play the game again, it's a shame really. But i can say my PS2 saved me :P

8 years ago

I know exactly how you feel ! my copy also had that damn problem, wouldn't load past that cut scene in the desert with the big dark flat rock and just before i could unlock the water planet ! then i couldn't find a second copy, after some time my ps2 died, i still have it somewhere, a shame really, i wish i could finish that game ! further more if it was on pc, oh boy, insta buy !

8 years ago

Well Recently one of the games I really like launched a free DLC and it was a port of there first games campgain into their new game engine one of the best indie dev teams going to. Little Green Men gaming (LGM) Starpoint Gemini 2. It's a space capital ship game you get to fly about doing lots of fun things and the galaxy is all on one map.

I noticed you have Dawn of War II have you tried War Hammer 40k Space marine it's a fun game just a shame THQ went under before releasing the 2nd and 3rd games.

8 years ago

oh my, i do have war hammer 40k ! i had totally forgotten about it ! i'll play it soon :D , and thank you for the advice, i'll be sure to take a look =)

8 years ago

If you like space RTS home word 1&2 remastered might be worth a look too...the best WH 40k games are the older ones before games workshop let every man and his dog use the IP for his pipe dream indie game sadly some of the newer 40k games are either for die hard table top gamers or complete dog toffee

8 years ago

i'm not really into space RTS but thank you for the suggestions =) yes workshop can be very good or very bad

8 years ago

Go with the old but gold: Dungeons & Dragons - Chronicles of Mystara.

8 years ago

nice suggestion, thank you
edit: it looks like it would be awesomely awesome with a bunch of friends all in the same room, too bad i don't have friends to play with hahaha haha ha cry

8 years ago

It really is better to play with friends. On the other hand I don't have friends to play too (if it was a bar... hahahaaha) and still had much fun playing it.

8 years ago

i'll keep that game in mind for until i have a bunch of friends to play with :D

8 years ago

DEAD SPACE 2, won it in a giveaway, loved it ever since

8 years ago

thank you for the suggestion. it is a nice game, but the mood is really dark :D

8 years ago

What about Banner Saga? I heard that is a really good game from my best friend. But are you looking for just games on your library on steam? Or do you play console too? Must it be RPG?

8 years ago

well i did say that turn based games weren't really my cup of tea, unless they are something like a final fantasy or Dragon Quest ! :D and yes just a steam pc game, alas i do not own a console, and i don't mind it not being rpg, if you have that good game in mind just mention it any suggestion is welcome dear friend =)

8 years ago

oh thank you, i'll fix it right away !

8 years ago

Dishonored :D

8 years ago

that's a great game, altho a bit dark, i'm really looking for something colorful and refreshing, much like Okami :D and thank you for the suggestion !

8 years ago

It's probably been mentioned but Bastion is the greatest action-rpg I've played in ages. And I normally dislike games with such "cutesy" art:)

8 years ago

looks great, thanks for your suggestion =)

8 years ago

If you haven't already tried it you might like One Way Heroics.

8 years ago

hah, i already have bad eye sight, with a game that small in pixels i think i'll lose an eye hahaha, thank you tho =)

8 years ago

Mount & Blade Warband

8 years ago

now that's a great looking game, thank you for your contribution !

8 years ago

If you like Portal, and have Portal 2, go ahead and get Portal Stories: MEL. It's a free mod, that seems more like a story dlc, with new story, character, timeline, music and so on. And it's a little harder than the original game. Good fun, and of course it's free.

8 years ago

thank you for the suggestion, but i do not own any of the portal games =)

8 years ago

the elder scrolls online is quite fun now that they got rid of all the bugs and monthly fee's

8 years ago

maybe when the price will get a bit lower haha :D thank you for your suggestion

8 years ago

understandable:) some of us were lucky and got it cheep before they dumped the subs and raised the price of the game again,might be possible to find some keys from when it was only like $20

8 years ago

for reasons that are known to me and not to you, i can only buy stuff through steam, other things on the internet are off reach for me =) and even in steam my budget is small so haha maybe some time in the future, thanks again for your suggestion and have a good time on TES online =)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

thank you for your cute suggestions =)

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by Shenfara.