Looking for a good pc case. I have Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid Tower or NZXT Technologies H440 Mid Tower in mind at the moment, but I'm not completely sure about those.
What I'm looking for is a case with good airflow AND that is silent(with sound dampening features). And it should have a reasonable cable management. And 2way sli gtx 970 should fit in.

180-200$ is th limit.

EDIT: So now I'm actually undecided between Fractal Design Define R5 and NZXT Technologies H440 Mid Tower :D

GIVEAWAY -> Here's a giveaway for your hassle :) LINK

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The H440 is a pretty neat case, would go with that.

8 years ago

yes true but I'm just looking for other opinions and maybe there'll be a better case than that one :P thanks for your input though :)

8 years ago

Since I can't help you, have a bump, so maybe someone who can help you sees this :)

8 years ago

thanks!

8 years ago

Well I forgot to mention that I should be cappable of fitting 2 gtx 970 in it :P

8 years ago

do they have to be attached to the pci-e slots?

8 years ago

I think so? :P

8 years ago

you might also add a pricing point for people so they know your budget for cases.

8 years ago

thanks, added it now.

8 years ago

no worries. im also curious in what people post as i am looking to build a PC, hopefully, in the near future :)

8 years ago

I've recently assembled a PC and used the Fractal Design R5, it looks really nice, you can easily fit 2 x GTX 970 (I have only one though), the cable management is really good (there are some small 'tubes' with many entrances and there are lots of clips to hold the cables together). The case has 9 fan slots and an additional dust filter on the bottom. I'm not sure about the noise dampening, but I have 2 case fans (they came with the case) and a Coolermaster for my i5 and I can barely hear it when I'm lying on my bad in silence, which happens rather rarely anyway.

8 years ago

hmm, that one seems interesting. Been reading some reviews for it and it should be good in airflow and sound dampening. thanks for the suggestion :)

8 years ago

Great case, great value. Hands down, this one. Although for dead-silent (which is proly unachievable with a 970SLI) I'd exchange the fans, but the stock-fans are still more silent than those of NXZT or Corsair and the like.

8 years ago

yea it seems pretty good but I kinda like the NXZT 440Hs design. So I'm dropping the idea of getting the corsair. But now I can't decide which one buy - the 440h or the fractal design r5 :P

8 years ago

By the way, R5 also has a model with a window (Actually it's the one I use, althought I wanted other colour but couldn't get it for the same price so decided to go with black).

8 years ago

I have that one: http://www.silentiumpc.com/gladius-m40-pure-black/
It's pretty good, I don't have any problems with cooling system, cable managment is good, but there isn't too much space behind motherboard for them. It has 6 fan slot (with 3x120mm installed), 4 HDD slots.

8 years ago

Stay away from Thermaltake, and check for USB 3.0 connectivity ( if it needs 19 pin, make sure your mobo has 19 pin connection ).

Bump.

8 years ago

Zalman Z11 Neo, I didn't use it but I like how it looks

8 years ago

I have Coolermaster HAF X I think. Have been satisfied with it.

8 years ago

So now I'm actually undecided between Fractal Design Define R5 and NZXT Technologies H440 Mid Tower :D HELP MEEEEE!

View attached image.
8 years ago

id go with the Fractal Design.
but that is just my own personal taste.
its also a bit more pleasing to the eye. the red kind of makes the NZXT look cheap.

8 years ago

The Fractal is amazing and very silent. I don't know if it fits two GTX but it works perfectly for me! :)

8 years ago

Since I haven't seen these cases before (Not available from where I come from), purely based on observation, I'd go with the NZXT. Don't ask me why :P

8 years ago

I've got Fractal R4 and it's pure gold. I recommend R5 with all my heart.

8 years ago

I have the Fractal R5 and I love it. It is super quiet. I cannot believe I waited so long to get a Fractal case!

8 years ago

Look at an NZXT Phantom case. There's a ton of variations and that should fit your needs.

8 years ago

If you have space, go for Full Tower cases. I'm using Silverstone Sugo SG10 and cable management is incredibly hard... (:

8 years ago

Its nothing as remotely fancy as your budget, but I've had a NZXT mid-tower for a number of years and really liked it. Its been easy to add fans and components, good airflow, and pop in extra hard drives. One weird bit is having the PSU on the bottom.

8 years ago

Anything fractal is a good bet. I have the R4 windowed and its amazing completely silent. If you want a giant case I would suggest the Coolermaster Cosmos 2.. If you dont like any of those, check out corsair they make amazing cases.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

i tried many Butt ended up buying a Corsair air 540 Really love this case :)

8 years ago

the 500r is actually like my zalman z3 ,and the only difference in my opinion is the price , that big fan,probably will not be silent) and maybe 5 cm of lenght, ,ihave slightly modified mine for the airflow, but i am a modder in my spare time :), at moment i have to create a case in fiberglass for a mini-itx-steamachine.
are u planning for air cooling or liquid cooling?
i would go for the h440
and i think i can suggest the zalman z11 , the stock fans are really silent, and has a good airflow,(p.s. I'm a zalman fan-boy)

8 years ago

I'm going with air cooling. Maybe in 1 or 2 years I'll switch to water cooling.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Cooler Master CM-690 III USB 3.0, great case. This box has everything you need

8 years ago

Silverstone FT02BW, never gonna let you down.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=242

8 years ago

Came here to show you the Fractal Design Define R5 (I've got the R4 and it is completely silent - only got a R9 270x though)
Glad to see others recommended it already =)

8 years ago

yep, I ordered the Define R5 black edition with window.

My specs on that case are gonna be:

-Corsair RM Series RM1000 (1000W)
-2-WAY SLI ASUS GTX 970 STRIX's (4GB) (one is in my current rig)
-Crucial Ballistix Sport Series (4x, 8GB, DDR4-2400, DIMM 288)
-Intel Core i7 5930K (LGA 2011-v3, 3.50GHz, Unlocked)
-ASUS X99-S (LGA 2011-v3, Intel X99, ATX)

Have the whole month of July to assemble it :P

8 years ago*

Looks like an expensive build ;)
Do you do anything else besides gaming (maybe even work) with that rig. Cause imho an i7 and 32 GB of RAM is way overpowered for just a gaming machine.

Other than that, it certainly will be an awesome mean machine you can show off with =)

8 years ago

well later on I'll need it for work too. And I want it to last some time now :P

8 years ago

I guess that it definitely will (last some time).
I hope you have a 4k-display, so you can enjoy the new games in all their glory =)

8 years ago

Well I ordered this monitor. :)

8 years ago

not 4K all the way - I'm jealous none the less =)

8 years ago

I use the cooler master HAF 931 full tower, this things beast. Silent it is not, but airflow, this thing blows like the losers mom who regifted my last giveaway. I'm overclocking a 3.2ghz pentium to 4.8ghz and hitting mid 70's under full load.

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by Carpe90Diem.