Anyone still planning on picking this up?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Nope. Once I heard MMO I said RIP.

1 decade ago

Might try when its free to play.

1 decade ago

68 is still good? I will give it a try when it goes free 2 play or a little bit cheaper.

1 decade ago

Ratings are really inflated by gaming magazines and websites, so the formula is basically this:

0-79: Varying degrees of trash
80-84: Decent
85-89: Good
90-95: Excellent
95-100: GOTY

Some places give out full scores (e.g. 100/100, 10/10, 5/5) more readily than others, though. PC Gamer scores aren't as inflated as some websites, but they're still pretty inflated.

1 decade ago

slight modification:
0-30: So bad it's funny
31-79: varying degrees of trash
etc...

Ya can't just lump the Day One, War Z, and Guise of the Wolf crowd in with the respectable trash

1 decade ago

Honestly anything over 70 is usually ok, though this has been wrong many times.

Both of those are two of my favorite things ever, shame how they got slammed so hard yet were so damn good.

1 decade ago

This is just for the video games, though. Other ones follow different scales. I definitely think Killing Floor's Metacritic score (a 72) is way too low, though I think this was due to all the bugs at launch. They fixed the bugs that killed the score, but the actual scores were not raised to reflect that.

This often happens with online games, where they are buggy at launch when they are rated, but fixed later. I guess it's just much easier to fix bugs when you have thousands of players reporting them, rather than trying to work them out with a small team of beta testers. This causes problems for their ratings though. Maybe TES Online was like that?

1 decade ago

Chaos Legion was a game :-P.

1 decade ago

Yes, but the Butterfly Effect wasn't.

1 decade ago

Duh, thats why I also listed a game...just thought I would point out that sometimes all media is unfairly treated....

1 decade ago

BIG RIGS OVER THE ROAD RACING, YEEEEEEEEAAAAH.

1 decade ago

70 range is where the game has some value for those who like the genre and/or the theme. So if you really like FPS or puzzle platformers there might be some fun there. Under that there starts to be serious flaws on game or it drops straight to mediocrity...

1 decade ago

You will miss many excellent, underrated games. ;)

1 decade ago

Hell to the no.

1 decade ago

will wait until its f2p... why would i want to buy a game and then continue to pay just to play the game i already bought, lol.

1 decade ago

Nope, just the next true sequel in the series.

1 decade ago

Yeah, did not see that comingLike i said on the subscription discussion, it will not make it to it's first anniversary, and that's just me being optimistic, they will probably announce f2p in 6 months at most.

P.S Anyone else notice that quite a few comments that bash the review are worded very similarly. I smell a conspiracy, or a troll/fanboy with multiple accounts xD

1 decade ago

60 bucks just for the freakin' client? Not a chance.

1 decade ago

I'll wait until it goes F2P which will definitely happen in the future.

1 decade ago

If I wasn't currently unemployed I would give it a go. I've never particularly given a damn about what review sites think of games. Several of my favorite games have been rated as trash.

1 decade ago

Nah. I not a fan of games with monthly payments

1 decade ago

for me, it's like runescape but with better graphic

1 decade ago

No, sir. Don't enjoy MMOs to begin with.

1 decade ago

fkin idiots -_- they just distance themselves financially from making the next amazing TES or Fallout game... I'm seriously angry with them.

1 decade ago

No, but I kinda wish I'd used my beta keys. Was busy for various reasons each time and I would have liked to give it a try.

1 decade ago

Can't pick it up because it's online only.

1 decade ago

Heck no, i'll pass. Just because it's from a big and successful company doesn't mean it's going to be good. That's what happened with Aliens: Colonial Marines. Plus you have to pay a subscription hellll no.

1 decade ago

It's a terrible review, I love the game more than World of Warcraft and I LOVED world of warcraft.

I picked it up months ago and oh my god, I spent 3 days straight playing it (while sleeping and eating of course) and I'm still not tired of it, I just wish I could get a day off work to play some more.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by helwing.