Anyone still planning on picking this up?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Nope. I'm never buying a game that requires a regular subscription.

1 decade ago

^this

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1 never again*

1 decade ago

+

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Same, not even in F2P.

1 decade ago

+999999

1 decade ago

I like the cut of your jib.

1 decade ago

Lol .. same. I avoid subs.

1 decade ago

This is one rule I've managed to stick with since I started playing videogames.

1 decade ago

^^^ What Mew2 said.

I did the "pay for the game even when you're not playing it" thing, before, and it convinced me that subs aren't generally worth the cost. The fact that the game is also expensive made the decision to pass on this one easy.

1 decade ago

+1

2004 called: It wants its pricing model back...

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Exactly. It's not like the game has something that justifies his subscription with Guild Wars 2 around.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Wait for the F2P.

1 decade ago

Agreed. Hopefully using my steam account directly.

1 decade ago

Waste a lot of money to make a cool MMO -> waste so much money you need it back -> Make the MMO subscription based + microtransactions -> look at it go downhill with 3% server load -> shut it down -> lose whole lot of money -> cut 90% out of the game -> put in some more micro transactions -> release "amazing revised and free!" game -> Be poorer than in the beggining.

1 decade ago

All the MMOs that are doing well and making a profit from going f2p (LOTRO, STO, Aion, Tera, Rift, just to name a few) would like to have a word with you.

1 decade ago

Nope, too expensive for me.

1 decade ago

no

1 decade ago

I'll get it when it goes free to play

1 decade ago

Nah, played the beta and wasn't impressed.

1 decade ago

now wait for paidreviews.com(aka gamespot/ign) to review it

1 decade ago

This game should be at least buy to play, but for less price than now since current price for standard version without subscription is overpriced.

1 decade ago

never intended to get it.

1 decade ago

No way. Especially the way they treat their customers repels me.

1 decade ago

Never even remotely considered to, even if I'm a fan of TES.

1 decade ago

+1

Elder Scrolls always was about the singleplayer and always should have been.

1 decade ago

It was always about depth and choice. MMO's simply can't capture those yet and tend to be more bland and mindless hack & slash.

1 decade ago

implying TES games have much depth

Ever heard the phrase, "a mile wide and an inch deep"?

1 decade ago

They do a pretty good job at providing options while giving you a non-dull presentation. And yes I have. It was a phrase made to describe your mom and me. >:O :P

1 decade ago

XD

1 decade ago

this made my day. thank you

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

:/ Own the Retail Imperial Edition :/

1 decade ago

Nop
Instead of getting an elder scrolls game and adding mmo elements to it, they got a regular boring mmo and disguised it as elder scrolls...
Also subsciption

1 decade ago

THIS! - all the way!

1 decade ago

I pre-ordered it and I haven't regretted my decision yet.

When I log in I can always find something interesting to do. It's probably my favourite MMO based of what I've done so far, and that's saying something as I've played quite a few. That's not to say the game is faultless, far from it. There are still numerous bugs, but nothing gamebreaking thankfully. Really it's tough to judge an MMO after a couple of weeks, the true test is if I am still subscribed in six months time, and the reason why I am.

1 decade ago

If you don't know how to waste money, just send it to me.

1 decade ago

Others might think that your hobby is a waste of money - different people have different opinions.

1 decade ago

If you enjoy something , it's not a waste of time or money . Think about that !

1 decade ago

I wasn't planning to get it anyway...i thought i would wait for beta and get an idea...and after playing the beta i came out really disappointed. I don't think i'll play it even if it does go f2p.

1 decade ago

I don't care about some arbitrary score. But they are triple (or even quadruple) dipping a fairly run of the mill MMO, so no thanks.
Full retail price + monthly fee + micro store with items affecting gameplay + locking content behind a pre-order paywall.

1 decade ago

to be fair that endless war nobody wins bit is kinda the point of the 3 faction system

1 decade ago

Meh. I don't like Skyrim too. Witcher 2 is much better.

1 decade ago

Elder Scrolls Online is completely not like Skyrim, it's like WoW with Elder Scrolls characters.

1 decade ago

I see it more as Guild Wars 2 gameplay elements with Elder Scrolls plot. :/

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

except GW2 is not a lifeless themepark.

1 decade ago

Funny, as lots of people were saying "Skyrim = MMO - Multiplayer".

Same boring quests, same grind, lots of exploration to do.

1 decade ago

I don't consider it "Skyrim = MMO - Multiplayer", Skyrim is just a very good RPG with big amount of things and a lot of modders/fans community, who make the game even better.

1 decade ago

Name 5 things Skyrim has and MMO doesn't. Ok, 4, since you said mods and it's really hard to mod multiplayer-only game :)

I'm not saying Skyrim is bad game. But without things that are standard in MMO (skill grind, over9000 "bring/kill X stuff" quests, world doesn't really react to your actions) Skyrim wouldn't exist.

1 decade ago

This you're saying is an RPG or MMORPG, MMO does not have to be RPG, like Planetside 2. But yes Skyrim has same or similar things like an MMORPG but generally ppl spend more time playing MMORPGs than playing single player games like Skyrim, also Skyrim has dynamic combat, MMORPGs hardly ever have it, WoW, ESO, Tera, etc, don't have dynamic combat.

1 decade ago

Actually Skyrim would exist just fine without MMOs existing... seeing as those Elements are often present in RPGs, not just MMORPGS.

1 decade ago

I'm saying Skyrim wouldn't exist if you'd take those MMO/hack'n'slash elements from it.

Because what you can do in Skyrim without those "bring/kill" quests and grind? You can explore island and listen to people ordering you around.
In Fallouts, KotORs, Vampire Bloodlines, Deus Ex, lots-of-others RPGs most quests give you choice how to play them or how to end them, which shape actions later.
In Skyrim, nobody cares if you assassinate Emperor. Or Jarl and his mage doesn't care that you walk right before them with Ebony Blade.
Or rebels have no problem with allowing armed Dark Elf to meet with their leader. Not even a single "kill someone for us first" quest?

I'm not saying it's bad game - because it's great game. But it's really poor RPG.

1 decade ago

the game has a full buy price followed by monthly subscriptions and on top of that microtransactions(people say it isn't pay2win but its not aestetic its game affecting, so it is). even if it was actually good it'd still be no. (and 7/10 isn't so bad thats 3/5ths good)
edit- i forgot the upgrade version where you can play in any faction as the locked imperial race with its own bonuses, gives a faster horse and an xp boost so thats a thing too. id have rated it lower just on all that.

1 decade ago

Good as a F2P
Bad as an expensive single payment
A waste as a subscription
Worthless as buy + subscription

1 decade ago

The game is not that bad, i did try it in beta, but i enjoy the single player(optional multiplayer) more.

Anyway don't really trust pcgamer ratings, that one and ign usually rate with their pockets, the more you pay the higher the score.

1 decade ago

Could you cite that second part about pay more for higher score? People have been mentioning that here and there and I'd like to know more. Their game of the year for 2013 was Spelunky, I'm curious whether their 90/100 score was justified and not just the publisher paying them off.

1 decade ago

Yeah, Derek Yu went and bribed a review site.

Spelunky is an amazing indie title with a huge following. The game doesn't need to be shilled, nor is it difficult to see that it's well-loved.

1 decade ago

never taken into consideration to play this stuff.

1 decade ago

all these "MMOs" are the same now, all clones of eachother, quests are "kill 20 of these and come back", finish go back "now kill 20 of those!" boring grindfests to get max levels.

1 decade ago

Yep, but this one has the largest number of different ways to bleed your wallet.
As stated above, full retail price + steep subscription fee + cash shop + preorder locked content. Not a single MMO on the market is worth full price + sub anymore (anything charging a sub should at least give the client for free).

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Been worried bout this from the start, the pricing completely turned me off. Not gona touch it till its F2P. Give me a TES game with BL2 style coop any day.

1 decade ago

See, thats what people wanted when they said "Man I wish Oblvion/Morrorwind/Skyrim" was online", they did not mean a shitty mmo...wish these companies could use some common sense...

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by helwing.