Are there really that many private giveaways going on? It makes it seem like 90% of the giveaways are done privately:

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/wishlist

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Yes.

Edit: and no.

8 years ago

I think that's how many there have been. Not active.

8 years ago

Ok, that makes a lot more sense.

8 years ago

Right now? No, that's the number that has been given away.

8 years ago

Its not important i think, but i really dont know why Stardew Valley is first and more popular than new AAA titles.

8 years ago

Because it's a game that appeals to a lot of people and apparently is one of the best games of its type ever made?

8 years ago

I have nothing vs. type. In this category maybe, but i never expect that it was more "wishlisted" then F4, GTA etc...

8 years ago

It's also a lot more affordable than either FO4 or GTAV.

8 years ago

Yes more affordable so more guys can buy it :) but still most wishlisted :)

8 years ago

Well, the fact that it works on a toaster also helps. Not everybody can run GTA V, FO4, Witcher 3 and so on so there's no real reason to wishlist 'em.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Then again, there are a lot of good games you can play on a toaster

View attached image.
8 years ago

Oh, there definitely are some amazing games you can play on a toaster. However, the newest triple A titles are not among them :3

8 years ago

Games like GTA and F4 are Cross-platform, have higher requirements and appeal only to a certain kind of player base. GTA V is fairly recent on pc but the game came out on consoles years ago and as such many people bought it then and likely won't buy it again ever or at least until a heavy discount. A game like Stardew not only is the "new" thing, it's affordable, it's pc exclusive and it has a casual side to it that allows you to pick up and play now and then or in between other games so it has more appeal to it.

8 years ago

There are plenty of games like F4 or GTA on steam, there are not plenty of games like Stardrew valley on steam. It's a less oversaturated genre, and I guess people enjoy games that offer new & interesting things.

8 years ago

For me it seems like 2D pixel rpg smth, i dont like this genre so for me its interesting see it upper than triple A games :)
Whatever :) only interesting thing for me, nothing more.

8 years ago

It's closer to something like Harvest Moon or Rune Factory than an "average" 2D pixel RPG. Think crafting/management/life sim. Not many of those on PC. And if you offer quality, then it does not really matter if it's an AAA game or a game made by someone working in his/her own bedroom, quality sells, as long as it gets a bit of exposure.

8 years ago

That's why you don't judge a book by it's cover ;) It has some RPG elements but it surely is not an RPG ;) It's farming game with additional elements like crafting, loot system, combat, RPG elements and so on and on ;) Generally a very niche market (very few games like it, even less good ones) but beloved by many especially older gamers. There was an old game caled Harvest Moon that a lot of people loved, it was a hit, but it was very unique as well and never really spawned a whole genre. Stardew Valley is like modern Harvest Moon with extra elements. If you like idk - FPS games for example - there are some bad ones, but you still get at least a few good shooters a year.Thus you're less likely to want and play them all, thus less likely to WL them all. People have been waiting years for another good Harvest-Moon-like game, so all of them are likely to want to play and WL SV :>

8 years ago

Its not about cover. Iam not fan of 2D games or pixel at all. I simply cant enjoy them. I have game to relax. So i rather prefer some action score hunt only. Sometimes racing or strategy like Company of Heroes.
i cant judge these 2D games correctly since i dont like em. :) And i said, its interesting from my pov see this game on first place :)

8 years ago

just because something isn't wishlisted doesn't mean it isn't popular. it could well be that more people wanted Fallout 4 and GTA5 but wanted them enough to buy them for themselves, while many people who want Stardew Valley may decide to wait for it to go on sale or until they win it rather than taking the chance of paying full price for it

8 years ago

A lot of ppl r falling in love with innovative indie games

8 years ago

maybe this gives a hint why some titles show up on top of that wishlist.
From cg's post about the community wishlist feature:

It focuses on active users to prevent outdated information, and gives preference to games that have been more recently added to wishlists, in order to not only find what's frequently wishlisted, but also games that are on the rise.

8 years ago

In Narnia, maybe. :P Not really. That's the total number of giveaways about them. Not only the active ones.

8 years ago

To find an actual number of currently open GAs for a game go to https://www.steamgifts.com/archive/open and use search on left. For example https://www.steamgifts.com/archive/open/search?q=Witcher+3 and https://www.steamgifts.com/archive/open/search?q=Witcher%C2%AE+3 - there are currently only 4 GA for W3 (including one with Expansion Pass) and 3 GAs for Expansion Pass alone.

Edit: Note that you won't be able to see private GAs there until they are finished, So it's possible that there are some extras as private GAs currently running.

8 years ago*

Also whitelist GA don't show.

8 years ago

they do. https://www.steamgifts.com/archive/open/search?q=Fallout+4 - I can see DiegoSLTS GA even if I'm not on his WL. The thing is - if GA appears on your profile un-hidden (and WL games does) it appears in search result. Same with private GAs - when they end they are no longer hidden and appear in the search as well ;)

8 years ago

Weird since there is another Witch 3 GA going, but is not on the list:

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago*

8 years ago

Damn you! You beat me to it.. ;)

8 years ago

It's because of the ®
If you search for "wild hunt" you'll find all of them

8 years ago

as Starlynk and Klinge explained, it's my error, will edit my post with additional link :>

8 years ago

Ahhh, okay. Picky search! lol

8 years ago

based on running a few searches i come to conclude i need to join more (well the right) groups

8 years ago

it's a well known fact - if you look into https://www.steamgifts.com/stats/community/giveaways you will see that ~25% of GAs are group-only. Ofc there are twice as much Public GAs, but in this case it's "only" twice as much. Because you have only 2 times more of them than group ones, yet they give you on average 12,6 times smaller chance to win ;)

8 years ago

stats you got to love them :P guess i will hit the group recruitment page soon :)

Btw just checked your profile, nice background :) o and 3200 games WOW

8 years ago

and much more than half of them come from SG ;) But the number itself is not that "WOW" when you compare it to some of the craziest SteamGifters around, for example ;)

8 years ago

wow just wow! lots of kudos for that generositie

8 years ago

There's a reason some are filtering entrants based on their percentage of group-only GAs.

8 years ago

Never ... it's a fake but everything of this site is a fake ... fake giveaway BUT real scam ;)

8 years ago

Alot of the AAA Game giveaways are being done Privately ...
Be it in groups or in Invite only format .

Which makes sense , with the ammount of hoarders and leechers out there >.>

8 years ago

leechers maybe not, but you won't find around here a place with bigger # of "hoaders" than groups ;)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.