I found this from another forum.

This is an awesome deal. I'm building a new mid range box in the next few months and this card will possibly be the the one to make it inside.

$149 Nvidia GTX 750 Ti unveiled; plays Titanfall better than Xbox One - GameSpot

Video 1 - GTX 750 Ti - Titanfall Hardpoint (First Try)

Video 2 - GTX 750 Ti - Titanfall Attrition (First Try)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The 750 Ti looks nice, but the AMD R7 265 is flat-out more powerful than the 750 Ti, and is slated to launch at $150 as well. You'll just have to wait and see if it can actually hit that price point.

1 decade ago

That price point will most likely depend on its capacity to do cryptomining i guess, let's hope it doesn't go too high.

1 decade ago

+mantle

1 decade ago

Yep, especially in this price range, Mantle matters a ton. It takes away some of the worry about CPU bottlenecks.

1 decade ago

Thats is true but how many games use mantle at the moment?

1 decade ago

1, battlefield 4 xD

1 decade ago

That's a pretty good point, but it'll be a nice feature to have when games that do support it (eg Star Citizen) hit the market (in a playable state).

Regardless, the R7 265 doesn't really need Mantle to beat the 750 Ti. If it comes out at $160 or less, that's the better option.

1 decade ago

I've seen a few reviews of the 750ti and the card looks pretty beast! o_O I'm happy that NVidia is finally putting out a card that gives great performance at a great price!

1 decade ago

what are you talking about, 650 ti boost has a better price/perfomance ratio...im sad cuz I bought my 650 Ti before Boost was released and boost had the same price when released :(

1 decade ago

Wait when was anyone worried about a console playing a game better than on a PC?

1 decade ago

this.

1 decade ago

Usually, console games (especially exclusives) have equal~better graphics than PC games around the time of the console launch. But, since the XBone isn't very poowerful + it's a PC, you are right in that no one should be worried. It's just that the console-centric gamers who don't usually pay attention to the hardware in their systems are seeing an unwelcome surprise this time around.

The PS4 on the other hand, will be giving PCs a run for their money in the graphics department for a couple of years due to it's incredibly good Price:Performance ratio.

1 decade ago

Pfft, like PS4 wasn't a PC too, minimally stronger than XB1 at that. Price ratio? Buy a few games and the difference will buy you PC twice as powerful for the same total money spent.

1 decade ago

The best is the low power consumption to do this.

1 decade ago

PC plays games better than consoles?! Holy shit!.... -_- c'mon captain obvious ;)

1 decade ago

The point is that it's quite easy to build a PC with a 750 Ti for around the price of a next-gen console, and you'll get as-good-or-better performance. The largest complaint about PC gaming is that it's "too expensive".

1 decade ago

That's the largest complaint of uninformed or generally lazy people who buy pre-build retail PCs, which are usually more expensive, than an equal custom build.
So I don't let that one count.

1 decade ago

The main question is if the card can play more demanding games than titan fall at least on medium @60fps if not then its not worth it.

1 decade ago

PC Gaming has been cheaper than consoles for a while. The trick is to know how to build your own.

1 decade ago

Nvidia has a serious win with this new architecture. Performance per watt is incredible.

1 decade ago

Yeah they were smart to take it from a mobile perspective. Making it more efficient rather than more "beast". Laptops are finally going to have some serious gaming muscle with these.

1 decade ago

This reminds me of the ol' days when Intel was pushing Pentium 4, then realized it's not going to get anywhere... So they took Conroe as their mobile CPU and started building Core Duo from it. Half the frequency, a fourth of the power consumption, and same performance.

It's not the same, since GPUs are very different, but finally it's a GOOD approach. Let's face it - if you're gaming at 1080p and don't chase ultra "Crysis/Far Cry" settings everywhere, like the majority of people, even a card like the 750 Ti is good enough.

The power consumption on that thing is seriously incredible. I bought a Radeon 7790 three months ago, as it was the best performance per watt under the 100W category. Just look at this graph - the 260X, which is basically a rebranded 7790 (slightly more power consumption) uses a helluva lot more power than the 750 Ti for the same level of performance. It's insane. We're talking about a 40W card here. You can even put a dinky passive cooler on that thing.

1 decade ago

I wonder where are console fanboys now and how they will try to be smug about it :<

1 decade ago

Trying to figure this out since I need to buy a new graphics card. How does this one compare to the 760s and 770s and such?

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Waverider.