The question it's pretty simple. What happend if I delete from my account a game that I've obtained in a giveaway? Could receive a ban or a suspention?

I should refuse the game when I won it, but that 's not an option anymore and now I'm in a break point...

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

What happend if I delete from my account a game that I've obtained in a giveaway?

Then anyone comparing your wins to your games activated would notice the discrepancy.

Could receive a ban or a suspention?

Most assuredly.

I should refuse the game when I won it, but that 's not an option anymore and now I'm in a break point...

Did you already delete the game? If so, I'd just buy another copy.

7 years ago

No, the game still on my account and looks like it will be there for a long time...

Thanks for your response.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

He's right, I forgot about that. You just have to make a support ticket.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I deleted it in 2014 or 2015 or something like that.

oh.. that was before they implemented the newer removal system. that maybe a full genuine delete manually done by support staff.. those may not be reversible.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Do not delete the game. You will serve a suspension and you won't be able to enter most SGTools giveaways.

If I may ask, why did you enter the giveaway, if you did not want the game?

7 years ago

'Cause it's much easy just join to the giveaway that look the store page of every one of them. And I've learned to don't trust so much in the reviews in the Store, sometimes I just let my instinct leads me and this happens...

7 years ago

'Cause it's much easy just join to the giveaway that look the store page of every one of them.

In the future, perhaps you could only join giveaways for games that you are genuinely interested in? This will prevent your particular issue from occurring again.

7 years ago

Yeah, I'm paying more attention to that, I've haved a few problem with some people for this, so to avoid this kind of "conflicts" I'll be more carefull.

7 years ago

Then having a game you do not want in your library is kind of the price you pay for having it easy before.

7 years ago

I don't understand what you're trying to say... Sorry, this isn't my native language.

7 years ago

Mine neither. Nevermind :)

Edit: But it seems you are doing much better than me trying to get along in Chile without speaking Spanish.

7 years ago

Now I'm in the doubt if this is a coincidence or you're joking 'cause I'm from Chile.

7 years ago

I checked your Steam profile.
I was in northern Chile for work a couple of years ago.

View attached image.
7 years ago

That sounds great, and how it was? Did you have some troubles to learn the language?

7 years ago

I have to admit, I never tried to learn Spanish, beside a couple of words I forgot by now. On site everyone spoke English.
It was a unique experience working at 5000m :)

7 years ago

I never met somebody from other country who has been in Chile, thanks for share it. :D

7 years ago

Español es muy fácil. :p

7 years ago

Just a question, why would you want a game removed? You can hide it from your library, removing it won't gain you anything

7 years ago

I've always said the same. Some people are just particular.

7 years ago

Some people are just particular.

Pretty much. Don't understand the logic of it either, but I'm stupid anal about some trivial stuff so I can understand why someone just feels the need to delete rather than just hide. Even though deleting Steam games is just fancy hiding since they can be easily undone /shrug.

Steam even gives you the option to purge your entire account now, though I've only known one person who actually did it.

7 years ago

They just haven't fallen deep enough in collecting games... I have given up any hope of ever even organising my library, not to say anything about only owning decent games...

7 years ago

I have given up any hope of ever even organising my library

Wait. People organise their libraries? O.o

View attached image.
7 years ago

We try. Then the mountain of games crashes down upon us and we're doomed.

7 years ago

i try but fail all the time :P

7 years ago

I've never had need to permanently remove a game but their have been a couple of times I've removed things temporarily.

1) Fallout: New Vegas - I own two versions of this, the global version and the Russian version. When I first installed the Russian version both ran fan but after completing the Russian version and returning to finish up the last few achievements I couldn't get the global version to run. So I removed the Russian version from my account and restored it after completing the global version.
2) Gemini: Heroes Reborn - Groupees provided two keys for this, one ROW and a cut German version. Unlike Fallout this wasn't two separate library entries. I mistakenly activated the German key first, removed it and then activated the ROW version.
3) Chivalry / GRAV - I had "full" access to both of this titles back from when free weekends glitched and gave you permanent access to a game (it just didn't stay in library after uninstall or give card drops). After acquiring the games in bundles I removed the free weekend license and activated the games again.

Another possible reason I haven't done myself but I know is possible is family sharing. If User A owns a game and User B owns the same game and it's DLC User A can't access the DLC as already owning the game means they don't have access to the shared copy from User B. In this case User A removes the game, plays the DLC from User B's shared copy then restores the game afterwards.

7 years ago

And what I gain with a game abandoned on my account? I'm not a collector, that's the main reason why I don't have the 1K badge yet, 'cause I've deleted a lot of games (mainly anime based).

7 years ago

Ya but why not just hide them and then it isn't an issue. You won't see them in your library, and won't have to worry about deleting a game you won.

7 years ago

Well, I understand that I must do it in this... particular moment. But that's the main reason of this thread, if I didn't care, I would just deleted it without make any question.

7 years ago

I'd hide it, for me there's nothing wrong in having a lot of games.
Who knows, I might get back to Metro 2033 again, or Dead Island... many times after completing a game I've said I won't play it again, and after few years I come back to the games.

7 years ago

Yeah, that's right, but there's a difference between a game that you like, and one that you don't. Maybe you'll play again sometime that game which you like, but that which you don't like will be there abandoned forever.

7 years ago

I have alot of those games too...they are all hidden
Thing is I don't care that half of my library is shit, for me even shit games are worth staying ;p

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Why remove rather than just hide them?
What benefit do you get from that?

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

This is what I came here to post. Sometimes, well probably always if we're being honest, it helps to actually helps reading the whole thread before posting :) (And now I can just ramble on instead, perfect :P )

7 years ago

Can you remove games from your account?? Whith what purpose if you can hide them?

7 years ago

If you go to the support and choose a game, there will be the option to delete it permanently.

And with wich porpuse I must have a game that I don't like on my account? I'm not a collector and I don't want have houndreds games that I'll never play.

7 years ago

You don't seem to understand what they are saying.
Why is Hiding it from your library not sufficient to you?

7 years ago*

And why you can't let me do whatever that I want? Hide the games isn't enought, if I buy a game and want to delete it, it's my choise, I choose in what I waste the earned money.

And I understand that this is a particular case in which do what I want could have a consequence, and that's the why of this thread.

7 years ago*

You can do whatever you want but not when it comes to money of other people giving you those games, and the least they can ask for is to not delete games from your account once you won them.

This is fundamental SG rule that leads to the most suspensions. Personally I wouldn't care, why should I force you to have the game you don't like, but otherwise SG would not be able to enforce non-activation rule.

7 years ago

Hey, you made ASF! ♥♥♥

I'd like to add you to donate something as a token for my thanks... :)

7 years ago

More like why should you be forced to see the money you spent going towards someone who's literally going to throw it away into an unrecoverable hole.

Also why would that ever be tolereable in a giveaways site. It's offensive.

7 years ago

I know quality of some games and I question my own sanity when seeing them. I can totally see why somebody would want to throw it out of his account - I'd probably do similar thing if I had 5k less games and actually care about organizing my library.

At the same time as a giveaway creator I totally share your point of view, I mean, there are thousands of other users who would not do that, although personally I can relate to that, so I never expect more than I'd expect from myself. Being mad at somebody for wanting to get rid of a game I spent 0.10$ on in a bundle, after in fact playing it, is irrational.

7 years ago

Not to mention he can simply jump to something actually interesting in his perespective instead of wasting the giveaway's host time and money and his own time and points.

GA host: "Who wants candy? I have ONE chocolate bar!"
Everyone: "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
GA host: "I'll throw it up in the air and whoever catches it can eat it all on their own!"
Everyone "YAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!!!"

Everyone jumps, trying to reach that one lonely choco bar...
And Kaluguin manages to snatch it!
Kaluguin take a bite! It looks yummy, and everyone else wish they could have a bite too.
Kaluguin spits it out. He goes "ewwww!"
Kaluguin tosses into the dirt.

Game over.

Kaluguin.
Don't be Kaluguin.

7 years ago

If I thought that I can do what I want whit the money of others, this thread would not exist.

And please, be belong to the point of the thread. I'm asking if I'll have a suspension, not for "moral rules".

7 years ago

Read my reply to Archi ^
I'm 100% sure this is going to be that one time when blacklisting is logical, fair and leaves no room for debate...

7 years ago

The best answer ever xD.

I'll try to be less "Kaluguin" from now. And if someone wanna add me to their BL, then feel free to do it, everybody can do whatever they want.

7 years ago

You could offer the creator a replacement key for the same game and see if they will re-roll (but it will cost you money to do it, and I think people can still refuse). if the giveaway is really old, someone might not re-roll it anyway..

for the 50+ copy giveaways, I wouldn't count on it happening but you never know.

7 years ago

This is actually a really good idea but I wonder how practical it would be with givaways that's not very recent. I wouldn't mind if I could make a particular game, looking at you Remnants of a Beautiful Day, disappear from my winnings so I can get rid of that nagging feeling that I should play the game properly even though I hate it with a vengeance :P

7 years ago*

Since I don't enter giveaways unless I'm quite sure I will enjoy playing the game if I win it, I do not have this problem. There are so many excellent games on Steam, I don't have time to waste on those I would not enjoy.

7 years ago

But it's imposible to know which games are good and which are bad, and trust in the reviews from the store it's a problem too 'cause the opinion from another maybe isn't the same than yours. That happens to me with CS:GO, I bought it trusting in the reviews and now... Well, it's abandoned on my account.

7 years ago

When I am thinking of buying a game, I read both the positive and negative reviews (if there are any), both on Steam and on other websites. I then check out review and gameplay videos on YouTube so that I know what the game is actually like to play. If I'm still not sure I'll like it, I wait. There is usually plenty of feedback once a game has been out a good long while.

7 years ago

Your plan sound good, but the problem it's that I mostly prefer the indie games and how it's usuall, the reviews of these games are like "I like the game" and "I don't like the game", the websites focused in videogames allways talks about the AAA's or the popular games, so found extra information about these it's pretty hard (in my language or even in english)...

Usually I let the instinct leads my. Mostly he's right, but sometimes how is natural, he fail.

7 years ago*

Be certain you want the game or don't risk it, then... Not sure? Then skip it.

7 years ago

How is it for me:
Some genres are instant nope
For others I generally ignore mixed review ones, unless I personally heard from someone that the game has something good in it that I would like.
Take a quick look on top reviews, positive negative -ratio. If more are negatives, it may be a bad sign.
Read into 3-4 top negative review, look for problems you don't want to have. Bad music? If you just mute it, not a problem. Bad graphics? Depends if you care. Bad controls? Now this is a dealbreaker for me.
If at any point I decide I don't want the game (not even for free from SG) I just mark it not interested and immediately hide it on SG.
Just spending about 10 minutes a day instead of being idle to check a few giveaways can clear up the giveaways section wonderfully in a week or two :)

7 years ago

You said you mainly deleted anime games (and don't like them?). https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/q6P9wR3
Yet you enter anime games for one thing.

Dont put much trust in reviews, and with some games they are just troll reviews, however i can't understand people don't just watch a gameplay clip or even on youtube to get an idea of a game, if they can't just think then hey i want that game (or not).
It is entirely possible to get atkeast a pretty good idea if something is good or bad.

7 years ago

It took a surprising amount of time for me to accept that just because a game is very positive, that won't make it a necessarily good choice to pick up if it's on the verge of liked / not liked genres. (Like a good Otome is still a boring game for me, while story-oriented / horror / detective VN is very much my stuff) :D

7 years ago

I think this has a lot to do with the reason people are playing games in the first place. I'm seeing a lot of reviews which stats that a game is good because it's not too long, has a lot of achievements and/or cards, are not "grindy". I've even seen a substantial amount of people stating that they flat out refuse to play a game with no rewards, read achievements.

I tend to like games that are long complicated or even grindy and I'm more and more starting to prefer not having achievements in games because of the, however small, social pressure to focus on completing them. Actually if I'm being honest I've never really liked achievements I've just been able to appreciate some of the positive aspects, like encouraging you to explore different aspects of some games that you wouldn't even have noticed without them.

To me it looks like a majority, of the reviewers at least, are very focused on "completing" games as as an achievement in and of it self while I am perfectly happy with eg. trying out news character builds and playing for a couple of hours in role playing games.

A pretty good example of this is the fairly recent game Mad Max. I can't really find any faults with this game without nitpicking and neither could most of the people on steam for the first couple of days or maybe even weeks as it had overwhelmingly positive reviews. After a while a substantial amount of people started to change their reviews from positive to negative basically because there are too much to do if you want all the achievements, and I can agree that "running" around the map to pick every last cap or memorabilia will become boring and grindy if you're just doing it for the achievements and are in a hurry to finish the game to get to the next one :)

Edit: Sorry about the wall of text. I realize that it might sound weird calling Mad Max fairly recent but in my defense is the fact that I'm still playing the crap out of titles like Gothic, Morrowind and Baldurs Gate, so my perspective is a little biased :P

7 years ago*

I don't plan to play it because I realized around Assassin's Creed 2 that open world games with too many stuff to do is not a genre for me, I'd like to focus on the main story if there's a good one. What I heard about Max could be summed up: positive: open world with a lot to do. Negative. open world with a lot to do :D
I have two problem with long games:
I tend to get bored of games, like one second I'm enjoying and in the second I realize how far is the end, and how repetitive it is, or I just want a change. It's basically a risk :\
Second one is simpler, I feel a tad uneasy buying (or even winning) a game where I have no idea if I'd like it, I can push myself through a shorter game but not as easy with a long one. But variety helps :)

7 years ago

I'm not sure this will help but I can't get in to Assassins Creed either and I don't have a bad thing to say about Mad Max :P

Although this might have something to do with the fact that I'm trying to play Assassins Creed on xbox and I'm horribly bad at playing with a controller :)

I tend to get bored as well. or maybe distracted by other things is a better way to describe it. But this is not a problem for me really, at least not with stuff I bought myself. If it's a game I like I will usually start over several times before reaching the end, if I ever do at all. My way of playing and enjoying most games are brutally inefficient but since it's games and something I do to relax in my free time I don't feel I need to be particularly efficient in the first place :)

7 years ago

The game which I wanted to delete isn't an Anime game (if is that what you're saying).

7 years ago

You can just hide the game in your steam library if you don't want to see the game there. But do not delete it in any case.

7 years ago

You can't ever delete games you won on SG without repercussions. That's why you should only try and win games you're sure you'll want to keep in your library. If you aren't at least 90% sure you'll like a game, either trade for it ( steamtrades / barter.vg / IndieGameSwap ), buy it, or be prepared to have an unwanted game in your library forever.

Though in my opinion, SG should implement a system for allowing multiplayer-only games to be deleted from ones account since once their servers go offline (or their player base completely evaporates) they become useless. It's not a matter of liking, disliking, or being grateful to the giveaway creator in that case.

7 years ago*

You will get suspension as if you won and didn`t activate win. Contacted support with same problem . And you will not be able to enter SGTOOLS protected giveaways

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Kaluguin.