With all the discounts and trade ins The last remnant goes down to 5$... And metro goes down to 2$
Since steam base price for TLR is 30$ (instead the 15$ of GMG), and metro is the same, i'm wonder what is the best deal...

But in a gameplay criteria, what is the best game to buy?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

It depends what you like. TLR looks cool, because it looks like those Final Fantasy games, in my opinion, and there ar enot many games like that on PC, however, it has received mixed reviews. Metro 2033, on the other hand, is a shooter with an interesting story with good reviews, however, it is not the best optimised game around.

For your question, I'd pick Metro.

1 decade ago

metro

1 decade ago

Most people will tell you Metro 2033 the campgain was kinda short but its really good and have some jump scares too
But i enjoyed TLR for 80 hours(im kinda rpg fan) there are quite a few uniques aspects and the music is good, its an overrated game

In other words, if you like fps go for Metro or rpgs go for TLR

1 decade ago

Word of warning, while you can play TLR with keyboard, it is clunky. You really need the 360 for Windows controller for it (no other gamepad I tried worked for it).

1 decade ago

i have one, so, no problem atm

1 decade ago

Metro is a much better game by a HUGE margin, however, it does go down to ~$5 very often. Last Remnant is about the only modern JRPG available on Steam/PC and seldom goes beyond 50% off (only once before, on GamersGate, I think).

So it's your decision on if you actually do want Last Remnant (if you do, this might be your last chance in a long time to get it under $10)

1 decade ago

Metro 2033, but if you wan't a jrpg-style game Anachronox and Septerra Core (on GoG) are better than The Last Remnant. TLR has good ideas but become boring quite easily and the battle system is a bit confusionary.
Metro 2033 instead is a good fps with a great atmosphere and graphic, and the story is quite good too (but to understand it completely is better to know the book).

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Tomal.