I would really love if you could tell me why each is better than the other.
I spent over 8 hours trying to find some "acceptable" phones that are available for my budget. This is what i came up with so far. Now i dont know which one should i go with.
Help a brother in need ;_;

edit5: I've been thinking more. The Zenfone ZB500KL have won. Thank you everyone for helping me choosing it :)

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Which one should I go with? These are my only options for my budget.

View Results
Samsung Galaxy J3 (new)
Samsung Galaxy J5 (used)
Samsung Galaxy A5(2014) (used)
Zenfone ZB500KL (new)

help :(

edit 1: I see a lot of people picking ZenFone ZB500KL, despite the fact it has camera problems and a few minor glitches. I'd love to know why picking it over the others :D, but when you ask for too much in life, you usually get nothing D:

edit2: I made a huge hassle out of it because im a perfectionist... making the wrong choice would leave me very hollow inside and would probably make me very upset as well.

edit3: I might go for zenfone after all.

edit4: that pool makes it so hard for me :-/. I appreciate your help though <3

edit5: I've been thinking more. The Zenfone ZB500KL have won. Thank you everyone for helping me choosing it :)

7 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

thought ure joking or smth, but there's an actual phone named like this lol.
either way, we dont have many brands in my country. hardly importing chinese brands.
This one is not on the list d:
Thank you for the response though.
Wish someone would argument his pick on the pool above ;_;. But still this helps a lot.

Oh... you deleted your comment... okaay :(

7 years ago

Whats your budget?

7 years ago

precisely $120
but phones are more expensive here... so... yah...
For example, an $200 phone in USA is $250-300 here.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Some of them are trashy, but some are good, i.e. Xiaomi, but they're harder to find in my country, therefore they're expensive.
I think i might go for the zenfone after all.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

nah, i really wouldnt go for buying from outside my country. Feels very unsafe.

7 years ago

The good old motorola is out of budget\not available ?

7 years ago

which good old motorola?

7 years ago

The latest moto available.
Samsung entry-level are quite bad and I have bad experiences with asus phones too

7 years ago

i cant afford the lastest moto available, whatever it may be :-/
It is Moto G4 Plus right?
Hell'a expensive.

7 years ago

Moto G4 Plus is the Moto G4 with extra bells and whistles. I understand you. The stock Moto G4 was 165 USD on a Black Friday sale.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

precisely $120
but phones are more expensive here... so... yah...
For example, an $200 phone in USA is $250-300 here.
Thx for reply.

7 years ago

Reading from comp.specs I would go for Zenphone - replaceble battery.

Compare

7 years ago

the reviews about the zenfone are pretty bad... although it was my first pick after i saw its specs...
god damn it. is there any chance the camera could be fixed by an update from ASUS or smth? seems like thats what ppl owning it are waiting for.

7 years ago

I'm sorry but for that money.....you really can't expect to get any better :)

And since its new model of all models you selected I would expect update from ASUS.

7 years ago

thats true... thank you for responding. I really appreciate it :)

7 years ago

I'm currently using a Xiaomi Redmi 3S, it's a beast, and it was about 110$.
Specs:

Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels
Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
IPS LCD
DUAL SIM
32 GB ROM
3 GB RAM
13M camera
Battery 4100mh

Pretty much worth at least twice of those phones, while costing between your budget

7 years ago

yah, its out of my budget and i cant even find it used in my country. As new, it would cost me much much more.

7 years ago

Buy it in websites like Gearbest, there are usually free shipping methods that avoid your local customs.

7 years ago

this is like a better ebay or smth? Doesnt sound very safe for me. The website im planning to buy the used phone from has a very very similar interface.
At least i get to test the used phones ;_;

7 years ago

No. The website is safe, however they have terrible customer support. You should always pay with PayPal in this kind of website to be protected. The phone ships from China/Hong Kong and is new.

7 years ago

I dont wanna get too much into this phone buying thing. I'll just buy from my country... Thank you for responding though :)

7 years ago

That's what I did.

7 years ago

How much it would cost you new?

I bought mine new

7 years ago

it used to be available on the top websites from my country, but it was taken down for some reason... might be because it became old ,or idk...
either way, it was $250

7 years ago

Asus Zenfones are good, I have a Zenfone 2 Laser, it works fine, has awesome camera (makes better pics than my digital camera lol), and its ultra fast.

7 years ago

yah, but thats zenfone 2 laser, not this one...
it has bad reviews on gsmarena as if it has a bad camera and some minor glitches. Dont get me wrong, im not all about the camera, im a guy who hates others taking photos of himself or even taking photos of myself, but still... the performance is my main goal here.

7 years ago

Performance wise should be the same as Zenfone 2 laser (since it has the same specs.)

http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_go_zb500kl-8467.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_laser_ze500kl-7474.php

7 years ago

i am presently using an a5 2016 and its fine so far. good battery, cpu good enough, good screen. a bit heavy and unconfortable for me at handling on the bad side.

7 years ago

a 2016*, not a 2014... and used D:

7 years ago

sorry i didnt check properly the poll

7 years ago

I have an iPhone 5s which is really cheap now (your budget, you can get it new I think) and he do pretty well the job but I start desgusting the screen size :/ If it doesn't affect you . Also the A5 is good I think

7 years ago

thats why im changing my current phone. because of its size... i cant type properly on an 4.5 Inches phone... i just cant. deleting, correcting words constantly is a pain in my backbone.

7 years ago

No way he can get the 5s for 120$ brand new.

7 years ago

You can't order phones straight from China?
There's plenty of cheap phones with decent hardware that you can order online from places like dealextreme etc.

Also, how much would you have to pay for a used Honor 7?
I bought mine new a few months ago for 199€ and it's pretty damn good for the price.

7 years ago

I dont wanna buy phones from other countries... i dont like the idea... although it may come much cheaper.
Honor 7 is 328 Euros precisely, in my country.

7 years ago

Well you can't get anything decent for 120$, especially if all the phones are more expensive in your country.
But suit yourself..

7 years ago

:(

7 years ago

Well, I have J3 (2016), and I don't have any problems with it.

cheap =/= bad

7 years ago

cheap could mean bad. It really depends. pretty arguable.
Got a friend with j3 2016, but... i dont know... everything seems good. I'll just wait till tomorrow and check what the mighty pool of wisdom has me choosing.

7 years ago

If I had one advice to you it would be stay away from ASUS. Had a sad experience with Zenfone 2. I'm buying only Motorola/Lenovo now, despite them messing up with Moto G4+.

7 years ago

i was reconsidering the j5...

7 years ago

There is no clear win in this price range. Every smartphone at this price will either lack in build quality or internal hardware and most of them will probably have a shitty camera. I personally wouldn't spend less than 200$ on a smartphone.

I know I am not helping here, but those are mine 2 cents. I think I'd go with the one that has the best build quality.

7 years ago

and the best build quality is.....*drum roll"

7 years ago

I have Samsung J5 and I am pretty satisfied with it's performance. I don't know about your demand, but such stuff like Hearthstone flies fine on it, and for internet browsing or some software it is more than enough. I like late Samsung screens and options to save power Charges on my phone and tablet last for very long times (Like.. 2 weeks I guess. Useful for me because I forget to charge.) but they are often on power saving and I don't play much.
But I have no idea what "used" may imply. If battery is worn it may not be nice, otherwise would go for it.

7 years ago

the guy im supposed to buy it from says its new and he got it as a tester. he gives me a 2years warranty too...
btw you had me at "hearthstone flies fine on it"

7 years ago*

Yes but I still didn't like to play such games on phone - it is hard for eyes and neck. However I use it fine for studying programs thanks to nice resolution and size of screen.
Why I bought this phone is mainly because I got tired of correcting text messages on 4" screen, and also my old samsung ace was a single core, making even internet browsing a torture. Got all problems solved with J5 that's why I am confident to recommend it.

7 years ago

i mainly want to change my phone because of the small screen. Currently got a Moto E 2nd gen 2015. It works perfectly, but i cant type on the damn keyboard... i hate correcting half of the words im typing. I dont plan on playing on it 24/7 or smth... just the 10 minutes break i have between courses in college... or while im in the train or very very bored.

7 years ago

Pump-a-Rum! Pickle-Pee!

7 years ago

bump is real

7 years ago

thx fam

7 years ago

I personally would advise against zenfones...have bad experience with them myself. They have this kinda weird construction (their front panels aren't solid but instead made of two parts glued together) so the larger part of the front panel sometimes comes off and starts to stick out by 1 mm or so. Nothing critical but it makes further use somewhat uncomfortable.

7 years ago

comes off? WHAT? >.> had a friend with an xperia from 2011-2012 with this problem. he lost a part of the phone that came out. wasnt "glued" properly D:...
jesus

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by meursault27.