Hey there I have a few little questions:

1. The new humble choice monthly only has 8 games... why ?!

2. I paid last year 159, 99 € (13,33€/month) for the annual plan... and if I remember correctly this included "all games" (12+) or am I wrong ?!

3. They changed now their "system" without informing us / me ?
    --> now I only can buy the "annual plan" for 109 € / year or 9,99 monthly...
    --> will they refund me my 50 € ?! (if there are less games now)

4. feels like I got scammed... new much cheaper payment system and less games... but I still pay more...

5. also if you "as a new user" want to make a choice-abo - nothing is said anymore about quantity of games... only "get your games for xx € ...
    so they also only could make a month with 1 game, because nowhere a minimum game is written etc.

(6. also the games lately where not so good - or like this months already existed in a lot of other bundles like fanatical pick & mix etc)

what your opinion guys ?

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

It seems they promised to extend the plan for those who have paid more than a certain number of months.
But I'm not sure exactly. Better read in the announcement about the transition to a new system, if you find it

2 years ago

I would have wished an email with this announcement from them, but thx :)

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Once my annual plan ends next year, I will cancel the plan and never ever again pay in advance. There is literally no benefit for me having the annual plan. I don't care for the store discount, I don't care for the trove games, and so on, but I care that I have to stick to what I payed and others that did not pay in advance get discounts on the monthlies as soon as they cancel or pause their plan.

2 years ago

I feel you bro me too!

2 years ago

Totally on the same page. Fidelity is not rewarded, so f' them.

2 years ago

Same here, only reason I kept it was to keep the 12-13 classic plan lined up, but now that anyone can get that there is no need. Mine is due august. (well unless I pause some) so when it comes up I am going to cancel it and then maybe will just buy a month if I like the games when it does expire.

2 years ago

2 years ago

thx

2 years ago

oh sine 1st feb already... haha good i noticed now :D

2 years ago

The new humble choice monthly only has 8 games... why ?!

If I remember correctly, there isn't a fixed number of games anymore. It's random from month to month.

2 years ago

as I said "feels like scam" :)
so no benefits to get then the games from other sites bvundles or wait for an sale or buy then the games for 9 € directly...
sad :(

2 years ago

so ok didnt get a refund yet and no money in humble wallet... so ill contact suppoert and ask thx guys

2 years ago

Apparently Humble Bundle used to have only 6 games when it first started. It climbed up to 10 and 12 in the last couple of months I've been on the wave. This last one felt significantly reduced in value. Now 2 or 3 of the games in the bundle are worth $30-40 if you check the store. Previously, I remember seeing 1 game that would be a highly valued game like a AAA while other more older or cheaper as alternatives.

I don't know what happened, but if this carries on, we should all voice our problems with the bundles. Idk where's the best place to address it? Twitter?

2 years ago

probably... and reddit i'd imagine :) and here, that 90% of the humblecustomers are trading here their keys :D

2 years ago

It was someone from Steamgifts on the most recent thread. The thread so check what adam1442 and NazaSekh said.

2 years ago

we should all voice our problems with the bundles

This has been a huge discussion for some time already though.
Every time someone brings up that SG is getting less and less GAs.

All in all it just seems publishers don't care for giving away games in bundles.. There's just so many games that could be inserted in bundles. Humble had high peak and everyone jumped to it. IMO it's just natural that publishers and developers prefer to have the game sold at it's normal price instead of bundling it for the value to drop drastically. All in all that's just logical the bundles and their quality is dropping.

Voicing it to humble wouldn't change much. IGN probably made their own bed with practices they adopted after take over, but there is no surprise the bundle hype ended. I suggest checking how much money actually goes to devs and how much goes to charity when buying on humble .... The simulator bundle let me give about 4 EUR to devs, around 3 to charity and around 3 to humble. It means it's 3 EUR for 9 games/dlc. That's a bit over 30 cents for a game...... That is just not a sustainable model for developers. Only at a moment their sales start to stop on steam they might try bundles to boost their exposure or at least earn some little cash.

So while I of course don't like practices IGN has been done for the choice bundle, I understand why it is what it is now. Choice IMO doesn't have much of a future - it's around 1 - 1.50 EUR for a game. and even that is being divided between HB and charity .. so you end up at best with 50 cents for a copy....... Why would anyone agree to put their game in the bundle ? I wouldn't. At least not until I've had the game in the market for some time, I've reached break even point and It's calculated I wouldn't take a huge hit by selling a game for dirt cheap.

Also blame the fucking traders and resellers.

2 years ago

What you said here Chris is absolutely true.

We also need to think that overall, the amount of money we pay for 8, 10, or 12 games is totally worth it still. You don't lose much money and yes, the developers and producers don't earn as much money from the bundle as it would be from a normal-priced game.

2 years ago

i dont give anything ti charity... "all to defs and minimum to humble... if i wnat to make charity ill gift 20 bucks,.. directly to charity...
also dont like their usa only charities...
and humble with millions of users / buyers, make enough money even when everybody only gives them 10ct - 1 $ for every purchase...
so the devs should get most...

2 years ago

Twitter is the best place to bitch. I don't think they care about reddit but Twitter is an open social media platform so negative buzz there tends to make brands react to limit bad publicity that can affect investors and the market.
I'm going to be honest though, I don't really think Ziff Davis cares much about Humble. Their revenue must barely break the 7 figures and that's a drop in the ocean for ZD

2 years ago

Among all other social media's, I feel twitter is a source where most people do go to share their frustrations. If you go for Instagram or Facebook, they feel a bit different as they are more diverse and I've personally seen less attention when it comes to that. I mean even YouTube and other companies have a support there, which is great. Although Twitter is not the biggest social media of all the other 2 I've mentioned, feels easier to read discussions and take part in them. Reddit feels like it's more reserved towards the general public and the users of the "dark web" as anything floats there in a way. I don't get to see much the devs in those areas.

2 years ago

Exactly. Complaining on reddit is like complaining during a dinner with friends. Even if all your friends agree, well, who's going to care?
Even game devs or similar who do have people on reddit don't really need to answer if they don't want to.
However a twitter shitstorm is public so if it gets big enough, they'll have to at least acknowledge the problem and look into it.

2 years ago

True, but the whole situation there is already being addressed by many. Idk how a company can ignore those stuff and just carry on, but anyway. I'd say we'd need to wait and see the next months.

I don't mind if I pay the same amount (£9/mo) for 6-8 excellent games I want than 10-12 mediocre ones. Even 4 games, it's hard to finish them in 1 month time unless you play them non-stop.

2 years ago

I don't mind less games either if they're good but I have found the last few bundles lacking in "value" and I don't mean money.

2 years ago

Totally man, I feel you. I mean Ghostrunner is a great game. The others are questionable.

2 years ago

They also replace some games that are not available in that region with very low priced games.

2 years ago

Yeah, that wasn't a good move, but I guess they couldn't release it there?

2 years ago

no, the game actually available on the said region and the key humble provided can be activated there too as long as someone get it (using vpn for example).
It's because of Humble and one particular publisher sh!ty move. Glad I didn't take the bait for yearly subs last year.

2 years ago*

Oh I see. I pay monthly and if I don't want a Humble Choice, I just don't pay for it.

2 years ago

Naruto To Boruto replaced with Space Accident...
Literally a $60 to $5 game, and they think people from those regions gonna "love" it -_-

2 years ago

The $60 game is on an almost nonstop 2$ sale in some store, like currently it is here

Price history

The game is close to worthless in the bundle, 2$ to buy at any time and doesn't worth CV. Space Accident is actually an upgrade from this point.

2 years ago

You're the kind of guy that thinks adding +1 to library is an upgrade. Space accident should have stayed in space imo. I would not add to library even if it was free.

2 years ago

You're the kind of guy that thinks adding +1 to library is an upgrade.

Let's not go to personal attacks without knowing anything about the other. It's embarrassing for both parties.

But why is it so bad to say it - a game that costs 2.5€ historical minimum is not worse than the one that is constantly €2 in official stores? It's cheap to buy, worthless in giveaways, then what gives it value? The €50/$60 price tag surely not.

Go and be angry at Bandai Namco that overprices the garbage that has 200€+ DLC, yet still denies it from some regions.
Naruto may be cooler than a 3D logic game, but it has nothing to do with its price.It's time to value games based on their available price, not on the inflated MSRP.

2 years ago

It's literally a +1 since it's region locked so you can't do a giveaway and you sure as hell can't play it if you're a regular bundle purchaser. Game does not even have any trading cards.

2 years ago

and you sure as hell can't play it if you're a regular bundle purchaser.

I don't get this, why can't one play it?

2 years ago

There's better games to be played that's why? I literally have 3k games and most of them are untouched. Anyone who buys bundles has a good collection of games.

2 years ago

So all the price difference, the game not having cards, and me being "the kind of guy that thinks adding +1 to library is an upgrade" boils down to you not liking the game.

Come on.

2 years ago

All I know is someone else would have gotten Naruto to play because I already have that game and that's all matters.

2 years ago

That's just an awful take in my opinion. Why buy games at all if you think you have more games than you'll ever play? It's a saturated market at this point, we are all bound to have massive libraries. You can buy whatever you want, but you shouldn't boil games down to "just a +1" unless it's literal shovelware. Adam is right, you need to consider what a game is truly worth, not its MSRP. I genuinely don't think Humble can satisfy the majority of users anymore, because everyone is so spoiled at this point.

No matter the bundle, someone is always there to say that it's an awful value, and there is no reason to buy it because "x game is awful" or "y set of games from last bundle was a better value". They can't constantly top themselves, that's just naïve. We just need to enjoy what we have, and voice genuine complaints when we have them. Calling Space accident worthless just because you have a large library adds nothing to the conversation.

2 years ago

If I wanted to play a game without achievements like space accident I'd just pirate it. It boils down to popularity not price and space accident barely has any reviews which makes it irrelevant since there are popular games in that genre like idk Breathedge which were also bundled.

2 years ago

Comparing it to pirating is just a bad take, and I don't believe you have a fundamental understanding of the gray market. You can argue that the game is worthless until you're blue in the face, but that's not how it's currently valued. The majority of copies on the gray market are from large volume bundle purchasers, who turn around and sell all the games in the bundle for a profit.

So if the game is valued at $1.30, they are making enough sales to maintain that price and warrant selling it. I imagine it will slip slightly more, but it is not worthless. Literally everything points to it being worth more than a regular +1 worth less than $0.03, even without trading cards. Argue whatever you want, but you're simply not understanding the market.

2 years ago

I've never seen Naruto drop to a dollar thirty on the gray market.

2 years ago

It's literally a +1 since it's region locked so you can't do a giveaway and you sure as hell can't play it if you're a regular bundle purchaser. Game does not even have any trading cards.

Why is it region locked? There are no region locked keys for the game. It's ROW, everywhere, world-wide activation, whatever.
What prevents you from doing a giveaway? It gives 15% bundle CV : 0.75. That's technically more than the 0 CV of Shinobi Striker, like adam said.
We are still talking about Space Accident, right?

Game does not even have any trading cards.

It can't have trading cards due to the Steam is learning about this game flag.
Because of that, it's also not "+1".

2 years ago

I would not add to library even if it was free.

With that amount of games in your library there are much worse games there than Space Academy which seems to be ok. I know that I added a lot of 'undesirable' stuff over 10+ years, especially from Indiegala when they gave away Steam keys as freebies. Now I wish I didn't, but at least I can make categories and hide them permanently.

2 years ago

yea i really also stopped to add every game in every bundle... here at SG i also only enter Wishlist games, and from bundles i also add games i have on wishlist and / or would play... the others i put on ignore list and gift them away (already have 15.433 games on ignore list (including dlcs)

2 years ago

I'm sorry to butt in so late, but I can't help to think that comment like this is lacking empathy and (sorry again) common sense.

No matter how good someone to sugarcoat it, the hard fact is $50 game from popular IP can't be replaced by some cheap $5 unknown indie game, never. humble is not even trying here, just toss any trash to Asian/SEA people.

you might think it's worthless, but that's a very subjective opinion.

2 years ago

I empathize about a game with a popular franchise's theme being swapped out for an unknown little game. It sucks if you want a Naruto game, and you get a... thing.

But as I already said, it is NOT a $50 game. If a game is on a $2 sale 90% of the year, it is a $2 game. the $50 price tag is there only to cheat people into thinking it has such value - and it's a practice commonly done by publishers.

2 years ago

Thanks for letting me know where i can purchase it cheaply.
Tbh i rarely bought any games outside from Steam, Fanatical, or HB so i am unaware how much it costs outside of these even from their official stores, still i prefer Naruto To Boruto more than Space Accident since well...it's more interesting tbh.
Rather than some indie game title that only very small fraction of people ever heard it before, i've seen the gameplay and good to say i am not really hyped up for it, i get it not all unknown indie titles are bad but i would truly expect something more at least a big name especially when it comes to famous monthly bundle like this you know.

2 years ago

Thank you for the post. Didn't even realise that they lowered the price to 9.99 €. Cancelled my 'classic' plan and if I want a bundle I just get it for a tenner. It's pretty shady that they didn't lower the price for old subscribers automatically.

2 years ago

you welcome and ill also do it :)

2 years ago

It was surely a bit weird, but I wonder if they even have the rights to change both the amount you pay, and the currency as well, without you agreeing.

2 years ago

I might not have read every mail that Humble sent me, but I'm fairly certain that I didn't get a 'We lowered the price so consider re-subbing' one. Anyway, I skipped two month this year already, so I'm pretty sure it was the right time to leave. Now I can just get a bundle if I think it's worth it and don't have to think about skipping them anymore.

2 years ago

yea really suspicious... at least "we had a contradiction"...
also in their faq is stated that theyy refund my overpaid money.... so that this is till 1st february and now april and i dont have any money yet makes it strange... or they witrhhold my money till end of subscription... which would also be pretty low so they could "work" with my mney till then and get a "free kredit"...
customer support did not anaswer yet so idk

2 years ago

i think this is not scam,because you have the freedom to NOT buy it,this said i agree with you about without doubt at least for me the last choice it's not a good deal,would be better to use that money for xbox game pass or other similar services also if they is only "Rent\Try" and not "own full License".
And as you can see from my account here i has buy and give away some precedents humble choice or bundles so when\if they have good deal bundle or choice i would be happy to buy it,but most of time is not for me...
And top of all this i noticed also that the games in their bundles or choice after 5-6 months will be given away for free on epic games store and\or will be on XGP and or will get big % discount on steam or gog or epic (when with -$10 discount) etc...
So if someone not need that games "NOW" maybe is good idea to wait in some cases.
This said the ukraine bundle and the choice with the spyro trilogy + codww2 and crash bandicoot trilogy has been good choice in my opionion and good deals to enjoy.
Also i like Fanatical website in my opinion sometimes have good bundles.

2 years ago

yea i buy wy more on fanatical, also the pick & mix are good...
yea sure i have a choice, but i already paid 8 months ago me idiot hahahaa
but yea next choice i wont buy / abo

2 years ago

Woah what is this insanity xD my classic plan costs me 11€ per month (for reasons!?), if i cancel it, it will cost me 10€? Damn HB, so purposefully confusing.

2 years ago*

Classic doesnt cost 12€. It costs 12$

2 years ago

corrected, sadly, still a weird price discrepancy there. If being classic was actually somehow different than regular plan, that'd be fine - but its not really clear what the current classic plan has now that explains charging 11€ rather than 9.99€ everyone else seems to be paying.

2 years ago

Nothing. You get the same games just for a Euro more. I think someone at HB didn't think this one through.

2 years ago

you can change you plan to be billed in euro (i did)

2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, do you mean changing the plan itself? I find that if I change to what they call "premium plan", I'll pay 9.99€ per month - if there is a place where i can just change the currency, I haven't seen it.

Currently, just waiting for support to confirm whats the point of classic charging 11€ atm before i cancel/change.

2 years ago

There's a FAQ about changing the classic plan to a regular. Without losing your 20% discount. https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4417536983067-Humble-Choice-Adjusting-Region-Pricing-for-Classic-Plans

2 years ago

Currently, just waiting for support to confirm whats the point of classic charging 11€ atm before i cancel/change.

Please keep us updated. I'd like to know this myself before I change plans.

2 years ago

"The current plan and the Classic Plan have the same perks and benefits, but the new plan is billed in EUR instead of USD.

As far as your cancelation, if you cancel, your discount will reset, even if you change your mind. Make sure that you're sure before canceling!"

So I guess it's fine to change to the regular plan (without cancelling, if you don't want to lose the store discount)

2 years ago

Thanks for the answer, friendly capybara. Here have a WL ❤

2 years ago

A fellow capybara connoisseur! thanks for the ❤

A shame the classic went down the drain but at least now we know ^^;;

2 years ago

I aslso wait for support answer, and asked them when my "overpaid" money will come back

2 years ago

no lol, you had a chance to change the plan and you chose not to (you choose to pay more), therefore bye bye money

2 years ago

no dude... read their faq... you cant "change" anything :D THEY changed it :D
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411127626139-Humble-Choice-Feb-2022-Update-FAQ

2 years ago

if you have the classic plan for 12$ like i did you can change it to monthly for 10€ with no hassle
BUT the money you lost (currency exchange difference) by buying classic month to month when you had this option to switch available that is on you

2 years ago

In their FAQ, HB claim:
Classic, Premium, or Basic members that paid more than $11.99 (USD) per month OR more than $129 total (the new annual price) for an annual plan will receive a prorated refund ... on February 1, 2022.
According to what OP writes, they should qualify without any plan-changing action on their part.

2 years ago

i never paused my subscribtion. atleast every month there are good games that interest me

2 years ago

If you dont like, dont buy. EZ

follow me for more great tips :)))

2 years ago

i can blacklist you for less dumb tips

2 years ago

lol

2 years ago

I guess you can consider it a scam or not depending on either your region as for what they offer you and your view of value.

As for me. I don't think it's a scam. I think they offer great games at a really great value... most of the time. Granted, some month they may have only 1 titles that I like. While the rest are garbage. Take March and April.

March had Desperado III and Nebuchadnezzar. $70 for both regularly. So, that was a cheap price to pay for two great games. Tack on Man of Medan, Police Stories and Evan's Remains. That adds another $50 of regular priced games worth owning. Sadly I already have Mass Effect Legends and only play on steam. So, that's one game I did not care for. All Star Brawl and Red Solstice 2 were also not good. Still $120 worth of games I will enjoy for 10% of the retail value. That's a great deal.

April on the other hand. The only game I wanted was Chicken Police (which I won in a giveaway). Other then that, nothing really interests me. Some great titles for sure, but for me. Meh! So, it's not a great deal unless I can get a great trade for those games. Which is work and having to deal with players with different opinions on game value.

Now I am grandfathered into the "3 Month Classic Plan". Which I don't think matters anymore, but I pay 3 months at a time. I can choose a month or leave a month. So, as for April. I will be skipping it. I won't loose out on any money. I just won't get those choices, which is fine with me.

I don't use the Trove as I only play on Steam. I don't really use the discount as other sites tend to offer better prices more often. I just get the bundles when they are good.

So, in the end. I don't think it's a scam. Sorry if it does not live up to what you want it to be. I hope it gets better for you and well for all of us.

2 years ago

thx for answer dude... i was only confused - not of quality of games, but "in the middle of a contract" changing the 2 main aspects of tghis contract - without informing me properly before...

2 years ago

The people at Humble Bundle are kind of douches. A while back, I signed up when they had one of their "3 month for $6 a month" deals; however, when my first month came up, they charged me the full amount. When I contacted consumer service, they told me they the wrong discount coupon had been credited to my account (which was their mistake, not mine) and they couldn't do anything about it since the promotional period had ended. Since they couldn't do anything, I decided to handle it myself by filing a chargeback with my credit card company for the amount of the discount I was supposed to receive. I got discount amount credited back to my card, and Humble Bundle responded by canceling my subscription. At that point, I was glad to get rid of them. Now if there happens to be a decent monthly offering (which there seldom seems to be anymore) I just create a temporary email, start the signup process, and wait a few weeks & Humble sends me a special offer new customers, which is usually a way better deal than what they offer their "loyal" subscribers.

2 years ago

Btw, all this happened about the time the original founders of Humble Bundle stepped down following IGN/Ziff Davis buying the company,

2 years ago

I got an email on February 1st letting me know that HB had sent me a partial refund since they lowered the annual subscription price.

That being said, I am clearly no longer part of their target market - adventure, P&C, puzzle games are almost never in any of their bundles since IGN bought HB. Guess it's time to part ways, huh?

2 years ago

There have been a few of those, it just depends if you are okay with more 'indie' titles I suppose, and being a bit looser with definitions. Lacuna was a P&C game recently (ish), Desperados possibly P&C too? What is an adventure game by the way, stuff like Uncharted? I guess it's not a huge genre in terms of games these days, but you do have stuff like Mass Effect, Borderlands, Mafia and the like. Puzzle does seem under-represented, Everhood is more rhythm than a stoic traditional puzzler of old.

2 years ago

oh okay strange... i did not get a refund (yet) ... waiting what customer service wil say

2 years ago

The first monthly was six games I think, but yes, consistency would be nice, however I appreciate the quality increasing overall.

2 years ago

Just cancel it. You too never played half of your games :D

2 years ago

haha yea i did and yea true, but im trying to catch up :)

2 years ago

Same here. :D I own like 2000 games on steam+gog+etc and wishlisted like 1000 more at this moment. If I play for only a day with half of them, then I have to play every day for 4 years straight. When I realized this, I never bought a game bundle for myself ever again.

2 years ago

yea right, and the problem is you "forget" the old games cause always something new comes :/
i also only buy wishlist games now and immediately try them... and then some old / new games :)

2 years ago

Yeah that's my problem too. No hype for old games. But there is a steamgift-game called "play a game you won". It helps choose.
(https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/Z1P0Y/april-is-a-play-a-game-you-won-on-steamgifts-month-the-world-is-your-oyster)
And I use a site called (https://whatshouldisteam.com/) to help me choose. Good luck!

2 years ago

wopw didnt know that thanks man !!! :)

2 years ago

also the games lately where not so good - or like this months already existed in a lot of other bundles like fanatical pick & mix etc

It sounds like you never paused before.
You didn't pay for getting the Choice for the specific 12 months after you paid, but for being able to get any 12 future months' Choice bundles, basically as tokens that are spent when you don't pause before the end of the month.
Of course now pausing erases your built up 'loyalty' discount on the Humble Store, so don't do it while you're still fighting support over the Humble Wallet amount they should credit you. If you get that sorted out, maybe use the wallet money to buy something nice on sale on the Humble Store (or think what else you will do with it) – afterwards, if you don't like this month's Choice, pause away. And if you also don't like the next one, just pause again at some point in the middle of the month.
Pausing is the only "Choice" you still have anyway.

2 years ago

yea thx for the tip bro, yea that was my plan use the 20% and the wallet and buy a cool game :)

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.