Hey guys, i need your help, i just want a good gamer pc for play my games.
Well, as the title says, i have $900 USD for spend in my pc.

I'm learning about the parts for make a awesome pc, and well, please tell me what parts i need to buy for make a decent pc.

I'll be very grateful to everyone who want help me, thanks!

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

not enough people recommending Nvidia GTX 970 the best price/value GPU out there

9 years ago

Yes it's an awesome video card, but you do realize that his budged is 900$, right ? I mean the card is around 350$. That's more than a third of his budged and he still needs motherboard, CPU, RAM, Power supply and a mid-tower pc case. And if he wants to overclock he would need better cooling. Do you think that he would be able to get all of that with the 550$ that are left after he gets the card ? And yes he could probably build something with that, but it would totally defeat the purpose of getting a high end GPU, and then buy low end CPU and motherboard. >.>

9 years ago

I was recommending GTX 770, because I forgot 9xx series are being sold already, and those ppl recomending GTX 750 Ti for a $900 Gaming PC, facepalm.

9 years ago

Sorry for butting in, but I don't want to make my own thread: do you think there is a point buying AM3+ motherboard right now?

9 years ago

Yes the FX6300 for a 500-550€/$ PC to fit a more expensive GPU.

9 years ago

What processor do you have in mind and will you be overclocking?

9 years ago

I'm asking because I'm having problems with my current AM3 mobo, and should replace it as soon as possible; for now I want to stick with my current CPU, but was curious if upgrading that at a later date would be worth it. My current processor is Phenom II X4 960t, not overclocked.

9 years ago

Well a year ago i bought my PC for around the same amount of money (without the monitor). Now you can probably do better with this amount, but i got i5 4670; GTX 760 Jetstream; 8gb ram and a motherboard and power supply that could handle the VGA and CPU. Back then i didn't care about overclocking, but these days i realize i made a mistake by not getting the i5 4670k. I'm still running most games at High-Max with 60 fps, but it's getting harder with the newer titles and it's not helping that they are poorly optimized :D. With a setup like that i would guess that i can get at least 2 more years before going to low settings on the newest games.

What you should do is find a nice cheaper place with good customer service and warranties and ask them to make you a PC for around 900$ that is good for PC gaming. Then post it on a forum like this one and ask people if it's a good PC for this amount of money and if there is anything you should change.

Good luck with building your PC, hope you don't make the mistake of not getting parts that could be overclocked, like me :D.

9 years ago

Don't buy until black Friday.

I made mind a month or so before Black Friday. Really wish I did it on Black Friday. Probably woulda saved 50-100$.

9 years ago

Thank ya kindly

Hey there,

0would you care to donate towards the Greenlight fund for Wasteland: AByss? A new RPG currently being developed by Info box.

We're at $68.37 of the total $110.00 our greenlight goes live on the between the 29th and 31st.

I could promise you a free steam key if you'll offer me a trade! (For Wasteland Abyss when it gets greenlit.)

9 years ago

9 years ago

Thanks!!

9 years ago

So you have a laptop and want to buy a gaming pc. My advice is wait for black friday, and learn about pc parts while you're waiting. Create a wishlist for parts you want on these stores.

9 years ago

9 years ago

With some trial and error, this is what I came up with:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K $199.99

MB: AsRock H97 Pro4 $78.99

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB $79.99

HDD: Seagate Hybrid Drive 1TB $79.99

GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X Radeon R9 270 $159.99

PSU: Rosewill ARC M550 $59.99

Chassis: Rosewill CHALLENGER $49.99

Monitor: acer G6 Series 21.5" $109.99

Keyboard/Mouse: AGPtEK wired combo $59.99

Total for the rig: $878.90

Granted, the cost does not include shipping or taxes if your area requires them for internet purchases. However, it is in the ballpark. If you did opt to go with an optical drive, ASUS has a decent DVD-RW at only $19.99. The nice part about this configuration is that I think you could dial back the amount on the CPU from $50-$100 and still stay with a Haswell chip. You may even be able to run deeper in the reduction with an AMD, but I have not gone that direction since the Athalon 64. AMD has always produced some good specs, but I have found over the years (IMO) that when the rubber meets the road Intel just performs better.

When it comes to the input devices I am kind of going on the limb... it was the cheapest wired set I could find where users did not rip it to shreds. Admittedly however, I have never owned anything by AGPtEK, and even though it got five eggs on NewEgg… that is from a whopping 5 users.

When it comes to the HDD, I stand by the hybrid recommendation. I run SSDs in my rig, and the hybrids in my consoles. As a side note: the SSHD did squat for the PS3 because its internals cannot even utilize the performance boost. Anyway, I don't think I could ever turn back. In the case of the hybrid running at only $20 additional it seems like a no-brainer (again, IMO).

Lastly, the case comes highly rated, and more importantly includes enough stock fans to provide you cooling without requiring additional costs for fans. I have never personally owned a Rosewill (anything), but do know a handful of build enthusiasts that swear by their stuff. You are likely to find that the stock fans will not be high-end, and will potentially be relatively loud… but you can always dump sixty dollars or so into replacing those with some better ones down the line.

The rig certainly will not be future proofed by any means (as if there is such a thing anyway), but there is room for growth. The MB will allow you to expand up to 32GB (4 x 8GB). The power supply will also provide you a bit more room to grow as well. It may not be the perfect setup, but it will definitely hold water, and the only real debate I would have with this build is: do I drop the CPU quality a tiny bit and step-up to a better PSU (i.e. Rosewill CAPSTONE 550W).

9 years ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/73PCMp

CPU is nearly a given at a 900 price range. It's either this, or a 4670K.
If you're getting a K edition Intel, then you are overclocking. Otherwise, the non-K edition works just as good. The Hyper 212 EVO is one the best cost-efficient aftermarket coolers I've ever laid my hands on. I have built a few budget PCs in the range of 700, and I always drop a Hyper 212 EVO in for a major temperature decrease/overclock.

Z87-G45 is a great motherboard at this range (this build is actually pretty close to the logical increments one, shows how much logical increments knows their stuff or the other way around) or drop it down a bit for a Z87 Pro3. Not recommended to though.

RAM speed honestly does not matter that much if you don't have an APU. Better ram speed is better, sure, but you will probably not notice a difference.
HDD speed doesn't matter either, unless you really care about your loading screen times.
Get an SSD if you want fast boot speed.

At this price range, it's either the 280X or the 770. It's honestly your pick. A 280X is slightly worse than a 770 but they both perform really well. If you have more money, I suggest a 780 or start at 970.

Cases matter. Airflow is very important to keeping a PC cool. The HAF 912 is one of the best cases for it's price. If you want something a bit more expensive, I would go with a Rosewill Blackhawk or Corsair 500R, and going down a Rosewill Challenger or Corsair 200R.

Read about PSUs here.

9 years ago

with $900, you could give it to me...

9 years ago

:NO: D:<

9 years ago

I'm also currently in the process of looking for specs for a new pc since my 6-7 yr. old pc is on its last leg already.
Can someone take a look at these specs to see if it's any good?

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT (BLS2K8G3D18ADS3) (Dual) 2x8gb ddr3 1866 CL10

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2 2gb/192bit ddr5

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6-4.0Ghz 4-Core

SSD: Crucial M500 120gb sata (CT120M500SSD1)

PSU: Cooler Master Elite V2, 500watts

MOBO: Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3

UPS: APC Back UPS ES (BE500RPH) 500va/300w

CASE: Inwin BUC

and HDDs and Monitors will be from my old PC

Besides games, I'll also be using it for 2d / 3d artworks and game designing so I upped the ram to 16gb and cpu to an i7 and only got a GTX 660. Can anyone comment on this build?

9 years ago

Just posting my suggestions, without checking how much it costs in dollars, sorry, too lazy:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3

CPU Cooler: EKL Alpenföhn Brocken ECO

MB: Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3

RAM: 8GB Crucial 1600MHz CL9

GPU: GTX 970

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power E10-CM 500W

SSD: Crucial MX100 128GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB

DVD: LG GH24NSC0

CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl

9 years ago

Click

Some alterations, cause it seems some parts are not available on this site.

1060 without mon, you could scratch dvd writer, and ssd, though i recommend against scratching ssd

But this machine would definitely rock for quite some time, imho

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.