2013 Oscar Nominees!

Share your thoughts...

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

My thoughts are that I really need to see more movies. Like much more. Also the Oscars shouldn't be taken too seriously.

1 decade ago

Agreed. Most of new movies are not too much entertaining to me.

1 decade ago

EMILIA CLARKE in Game Of Thrones !!! :P :trollface: oh and Lucy Griffiths in Robin Hood as Marian & in True Blood as Nora Gainesborough...they must win !!! :P

1 decade ago

you know Oscars arent about TV shows?

1 decade ago

you know Oscars arent about TV shows?

1 decade ago

I didn't watch nearly enough movies last year to have any reliable opinion.

1 decade ago

haven't seen one of them :/ but i'm going to watch life of pi tomorrow :D

1 decade ago

It's a must watch movie, and you won't believe that the tiger is animated atleast i didn't :P

1 decade ago

i'm really looking forward to it now :D

1 decade ago

Life of Pi is worth a watch! Unfortunately, that's the only one I've watched out of all those nominated for best picture. :(

1 decade ago

:P

1 decade ago

I recently realized after watching it around a month ago that there was no way it could be real,although I assumed it was when I was watching it!

1 decade ago

I'm disappointed that Django Unchained isn't about music... (+1ifyouknowwhatimtalkingabout)

1 decade ago

Django Unchained!

1 decade ago

good movie, but Tarantino had better ones and they didn't win, so it would be a shame for all previous great ones (let's not talk about Kill Bill please ;P) if this one actually won while others haven't.

1 decade ago

Wow. Amour? haneke is a critical darling but I never woulda expected a best picture nod. Especially since it is foriegn. But The Artist was silent, so I guess anything's up for grabs right now.

No killer joe for adapted screenplay. spielberg and ang lee go up for best picture, who woulda guessed. jessica chastain everywhere. Tarantino gettin blown again because he's so cuhrazy despite the fact he hasnt made a great movie since jackie brown (I stand by that even though I like kill bill). Yeah, its the oscars. I ain't gonna watch it again this year because the skits and the hosts just get more and more contrived every time :V

1 decade ago

Ony watched Hobbit, Skyfall and Avengers of all those movies. All were good.

1 decade ago

Skyfall is pretty good. I like watching James bond movies.

1 decade ago

I loved the beggining - to half of the movie I thought it was gonna be best Bond movie ever (and also EPIC opening), but then all the nonsense (including shitty evil genius, last bastion bullshit with Bond playing "Home Alone" etc) destroyed it :/

Still best Bond with Craig imho.

1 decade ago

Argo was great. Not seen many of the others though.

1 decade ago

Best Picture - well, when Django and Life of Pi were fun and good movies I don't seem them as the best. Havent seen other ones yet. And where is Cloud Athlas? One of the best movies I've seen whole 2012...

Leading Actor - Joaquin Phoenix was great, but I heard Daniel Day-Lewis was as well (haven't seen Lincoln thou).

Actress - haven't seen any of these movies, so idk.

Supporting Actor - definetely Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Supporting Actress - idk, only seen Master and didn't like Amy Adams too much. it was ok but not great.

Cinematography - Life of Pi (again, why isn't cloud Athlas here? and Skyfall is? WTF?

Directing - idk, Life of Pi doesn't deserve it imho, and other i dont know ;P

And for other's - I'm too lazy to look through all lesser categories ;P

1 decade ago

Skyfall has some proper good cinematography and roger deakins deserves all the praise. Life of Pi is a stunning looking movie but cinematography is more towards camera work, and Skyfall has some properly good shots, especially in the more melancholic bits. When he's in shanghai and the shot is set up with his silhouette behind all the lights and neon, its one of the best shots I've seen all year.

1 decade ago

I don't watch a "Movie"

1 decade ago

Real disapointment. Academy is once again sticking into Spielbergs ass. Also no Intouchables,no TDKR, no Looper, no Madagascar 3 (instead of Pirates!) or Cloud Atlas for masks?

1 decade ago

No Dark Knight Rises, Looper and Cloud Atlas? Disappointed...
Oh well Django Unchained has my vote for Best Picture.
Also I think I'm going to watch Zero Dark Thirty one of these days, hoping that's not as boring as The Hurt Locker was..

1 decade ago

:( No Dark Knight Rises sigh

1 decade ago

WTF? No best supporting actor nomination for Tom Hardy?

1 decade ago

As good an actor as he is, he has not had a role worthy of an Oscar nomination yet.

Still, I'm interested in knowing what you think he should have been nominated for.

1 decade ago

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

1 decade ago

Sorry adam, but even if he were there he had no chances against Christoph Waltz.

1 decade ago

The foreign movies is where it's at. I'm so tired of movies coming out of Hollywood these days. If it's not a formula movie or a remake (they are getting fancy in calling it a 'reboot' now) then it's a copy of a foreign film (usually done poorly though Let Me In is an exception to that rule).

Tarantino to be (embarrassingly) passed on once again.

1 decade ago

I didn't see any of the best pictures because they aren't available in my country yet except Argo, so can't tell anything about them.
But I ask: where is Cloud Atlas? Sure, maybe it isn't the best movie of 2012 and maybe doesn't deserve to win in the most important categories (Tom Hanks was awesome as usual, though) but from technical side this movie is a masterpiece and it should have get some nominations at least for it (especially Make-up!).
However, I can't say that am very suprised. I stopped to believe the Academy when they didn't even nominate Daft Punk for Tron Legacy soundtrack.

1 decade ago

No Leonardo Dicaprio or Jammie Foxx?! ughhh

1 decade ago

And the winner is....................................................................Argo. claps

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Wreck-it Ralph got robbed

1 decade ago

Wreck it Ralph sucks ass.

1 decade ago

Are you kidding it was a good movie. And it was way better than brave

1 decade ago

I understand the hate towards brave but Wreck it Ralph was paced like shit. The candy world shit made the movie feel incredibly slow and lost it's unique twist, the character development was shortened to one fucking montage, and the villain/final conflict felt incredibly bottom of the bin. Brave has a pretty poor tonal shift but it has that relationship between the lead and her mother that really gives the movie a more human, repeatable feel to it. Not to mention, in the case of animation, it was far more impressive.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Raik.