As title say, I say "now", but it was some time ago too, but some ppl still think that console graphics are better that PCs, so here is a comparison of Assassin's Creed III on PC with consoles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrMpEpazXYo

Tell what do you think, for me this was obviously but I though is a good thing to share :D. This video is in german, I do not understand german, but is still a good comparison.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

one of the worst comparison i've ever seen, he says the number 5 instead of 3. also used a 600 dollar pc instead of a 250 dollar pc, if they used a 250 dollar it would have been a good comparison

1 decade ago

You know there's a reason consoles cost $250, right? They're really old. No one in their right mind would buy a computer with hardware that old in it today. It's absolutely fair to compare a typical PC (and $600 is a fair amount for one; don't forget that people actually use them for things besides games) against a console. It's a real world comparison, not some fantasy land equal cost comparison that would only prove what is known to everyone: that consoles do more with less because they are purpose-built for task. If everyone used the exact same PC, maybe, but they don't, so don't insist on silly comparisons that would be obviously stacked in one direction.

1 decade ago

I remember the time when the PS3, that can only play games and certain format movies, made console warriors outraged over it being $599.99!!
While a new $250 computer would trounce a $600 computer of old, consoles don't get upgrades unless you take it apart and install a hard drive. They also removed features and compatibility over the years.

1 decade ago

*has

1 decade ago

why does everybody have to be a bitch for graphics?

1 decade ago

why do you have to be a farter for plugging a machine into the television?

1 decade ago

Because besides the fact that people like to appreciate pretty things when they pass their time, the improvement of graphics and associated technology has opened doors to improved game experiences, or even new game experiences entirely. As an example, I submit to you that modern open-world games are often far more immersive, and therefore more engaging, than their predecessors. And that this can be attributed in a major way to improvement in graphics technology, which allowed for bigger, more detailed worlds and actors within them. Granted there's no direct correlation, but there's still a powerful one. Better technology makes better games possible.

Graphics, technology, and the appreciation thereof aren't a problem. Confusion between aesthetics and graphics is a problem (see: TES Oblivion, MOH Warfighter). So is the all-too-common mistake of focusing on presentation at the expense of mechanics (see: Crysis 2, Max Payne 3). The widening between the budgets of indie games and AAA titles (partly due to misguided focuses on graphics development), a gulf of millions only now starting to be bridged by efforts such as the Kickstarter movement, is a problem (see: Activision and EA's business strategies). But innovation in graphics are to be celebrated, not whined about. The awesome games of today would not have been as awesome, or in some cases even possible, without predecessors pushing the graphics frontier.

1 decade ago

And Simon has spoken! We appreciate you being part of the Master Race!

To be fair, you didn't even need to go there to explain the need for better graphics technology. The fact is, that gameplay itself needs better hardware. More CPU power for better AI, and combined with RAM, more on-screen action and a larger, more complex world. And a better GPU to process and stream all that information onto your screen.

It was silly fun at first, these presumptions about PC gamers that we only ever want better visuals, being graphics whores and whatnot. Now it's just irritating ignorance.

Thus, another effect occurs, as current-gen consoles were the focus of gaming industry for such a long period. Technology, in all aspects, gaming itself, got held back. The evolution of gaming. Where is the Half-Life of this generation? It's coming, in the form of Star Citizen. On PC. Why? Because consoles can't do it.

1 decade ago

Thanks for basically summing up my argument in that nugget of truth: "The fact is, that gameplay itself needs better hardware."

But I'm a little confused about me being part of the Master Race. Is that sarcasm?

1 decade ago

Just the inside trolling joke that everyone seems to immediately swallow as if we're serious about it. No sarcasm or offense intended.

1 decade ago

None taken.

It's just that, well, Poe's Law. I've seen people use that term against PC gamers, and even by some PC Gamers, including myself back when I was 15 and therefore an idiot. Granted I'm now 22 and still an idiot by most measures but yeah. I think gamers tend to be a more petty lot than most. :P

1 decade ago

The two factions of gamers are called "Console Warriors" and "PC Master Race".

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

PC graphic is better than console since 1975.

1 decade ago

One of the more stupid threads I've read. Please close it, nothing good can come out of this.

1 decade ago

the moment i read "german" i knew it was from GameStar

1 decade ago

Consoles have great graphics for a 7 years old device

1 decade ago

8800GTX is 5yrs old can run those at better graphics. so the console "optimization" aint soo much diff lol.

1 decade ago

My atari 2600 has better graphics trolololol.
Seriously, this topic is just stupid....

1 decade ago

Use gt460M happy ^^

1 decade ago

I clearly don't get something - for me in the video - the Xbox version looks undoubtly much better than PC..

1 decade ago

You might need glasses.

1 decade ago

Pay attention to textures, edges, foliage and detail of objects in the distance. PC probably also has higher framerate.

At 0:33 the shadows on the face look pretty bad on the PC version but shadow quality is probably on low or medium. However, the texture quality is much better on PC in that comparison shot and the Xbox version has the background blurred a lot more and worse colours too. Other shots that clearly show the superiority of the PC version graphics-wise are at 1:41 and 2:12-2:27 (especially the ropes).

1 decade ago

here is a much better comparison in english

1 decade ago

AC3 isn't the best example in this scenario as it was ported to PC from console so the graphics aren't optimized for PC. Most PC games tend to be better, graphically, then console counterparts due to the fact that consoles are limited to the non-upgradable parts pre-installed. PC's on the other hand are only limited by the amount of money in your bank account. :p

1 decade ago

Well, who cares about graphics anyway, good game doesn't need millions polygons to be good, that's my opinion. I prefer consoles, but I'm okay with playing video games on PC too.

1 decade ago

dude thats a gtx670 videocard! thats a 400 dollar videocard
if you buy both ps3 and xbox you pay less then 400 dollars

1 decade ago

If you compare prices of a new video card, then you should use the prices of new consoles. 400 dollars for Xbox 360 in 2005 and 600 dollars for PS3 in 2006. 1000$ total. Good day.

1 decade ago

dude welcome in 2012

1 decade ago

You missed my point. Go home, you're drunk.

1 decade ago

PC has better graphics since like 2006...

1 decade ago

PC "ALWAYS" had better graphics than consoles.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by sviat.