So some very big news dropped today. Cyberpunk 2077 will be getting an anime called Cyberpunk: Edgerunners that will have a different story from the game.
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-edgerunners-a-cyberpunk-2077-anime-announced

Not even considering the hype that Cyberpunk has in the gaming community, this is huge news in the anime community. First off, anime made based on games are rare, for the most part they're based on Japanese visual novels and not non-Japanese AAA games, so this is really coming out of nowhere. Secondly, this anime is made by studio Trigger. They're an absolute powerhouse of an anime studio and every show they make gets hyped to death. The anime will also be directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi who is behind Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill, two very popular and beloved shows. So, even without the Cyberpunk name, the anime would still have enormous levels of hype and we can definitely expect something good from this.

What do you think?

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you excited about the Cyberpunk 2077 anime?

View Results
Yes!!
No, not into Cyberpunk/anime
Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Every Trigger related announcement is met with hype. It really is regarded as a holy studio.

But yes, hyping Cyberpunk up is a bit weird right now. However it really is not weird to hype up Imaishi and Trigger. They're known to do a good job with every project they take on. I think this anime will be good no matter how the game turns out.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Oh nice we will get over the top animation with cyberpunk stuff. I would watch it not really excited tho.

3 years ago

I would rather like to have another Akira, Bubblegum Crisis or good Ghost in the Shell that is not Arise. Knowing Trigger's portfolio, I am not sure I see them making a mature cyberpunk title, also that they do it because it is popular.

3 years ago

[x] Not bothered even though I like Cyberpunk and anime

3 years ago

Not a fan of that Studio's work, but I will check it out.
I'm actually more excited for the Blade Runner anime which has both GITS Stand Alone Complex and Cowboy Bebop directors involved.

3 years ago

The World Ends with You anime was also just announced! I'm pretty excited for that having played the game and remembering it fondly from high school. I wonder if Reeves with be in the Cyberpunk Anime.

3 years ago

Studio TRIGGER? Fuckin Yeah.

3 years ago

meh

3 years ago

It took me about five seconds to process the Trigger logo and then I was onboard. As long as it doesn't get butchered setting-wise like the Altered Carbon anime tie-in, I think it will be good. I just hope that it stays cyberpunk aesthetically- as much as I love Trigger, I don't think their other works match with cyberpunk tones. That said, I know it will be spectacular- I just hope it feels cyberpunk while it does its thing.

3 years ago

maybe??

im still waiting for W40k animation (not anime lol, since anime is made in japan)

3 years ago

Generally yes but we'll get it in 2022 so still a while to go.

3 years ago

I'd like to watch this just because it's TRIGGER

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.