is this the biggest amount to be lost in a single day or something? like dam guess im gonna have to start giving away a lot more

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

That's normal. Seems Snow Light price was fixed.

8 years ago

no it wasn't fixed the price dropped there's a differences

8 years ago

Oh sure, tell me a story how you bought it for 100$ each.

8 years ago

no what im saying is it wasn't an error that's what the dev wanted it to sell for if it were an error it would have been fixed but because it wasn't it was a drop

8 years ago

It started a $10 game. Dev found out that his bank charged quite a bit for his monthly income from Valve, so he boosted the price to $100 a copy.

You know, because ripping off customers makes more sense than talking to the bank or moving to a different bank.

8 years ago

really? what i heard is that he was angry at all of the negative reviews so he raised it to spite them or something but that would still be more of a price drop then anything which was my point here when i said it was dropped not fixed
and raising the price that much makes no sense to me because no one will buy it for that price

8 years ago

Yeah seems to me that he had very bad bank that charge lot of money for international transfers. So obvious solution was to rise the price...

8 years ago

thats incredibly stupid being that you can region lock steam games

8 years ago

What would region locking do? His bank charged him when valve sent him money.

8 years ago

Doesn't change the problem. Valve probably pays devs out from handful of banks. While pooling money from all regions. So region lock doesn't help.

8 years ago

That is the excuse he claims as the reason.

Many people that aren't him believe it more likely that rather than paying Valve and his bank a cut, he just wanted to direct them to his website so people would pay him directly.

8 years ago

hmm i don't know your the first person to tell me this i have always heard he was busy being petty and stupid over all the negative reviews

8 years ago

The excuse above is what he posted in the Steam forum. Along with telling people that his site still sells it for the original price. Which is where the second bit comes from.

Price changes wouldn't effect reviews (except towards the negative), so can't understand why people would think it was about that.

8 years ago

because he was doing that as well a way of getting back at them sure it did nothing but you know its like you wanna call it shit well now you cant buy it sort of deal

8 years ago

Two problems with that

• Bundled, which means it was easy to find cheap
  • Like I said, he directed people to his website where he sold it at the original price
8 years ago

yeah i agree the bundled thing makes that a problem but he did that before the terrible reviews most likely secondly it stops steam reviews but maby a combination of the two who knows? as in not wanting steam reviews and wanting them to go to his website

8 years ago

raising the price of your game on steam to an amount, so that nobody buys it anymore, is not really a way to make more money. i guess only very few people would actually go to his website and buy there. i think what he said might just have been true. i don't see how he would benefit from all this in any way.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Hahahaha, awesome, Snow Light finally fixed that bullshit price. $100, my arse.

8 years ago

6 months later. ;_;.

8 years ago

Its a great thing. There were people exploiting bundle keys of that game to boost their levels.

8 years ago

i did not exploit i found a copy on tremor games and decided this shouldn't be worth 100 dollars so i gave away 2 i got on the site as more of a joke giveaway then anything

8 years ago

So... Why are you surprised it got fixed?

8 years ago

because to be honest with you i thought those arrogant devs were going to leave the price at that to spite steam or something along those lines didn't actually expect them to lower it

8 years ago

Lol, they really put it for that price? XD Crazy. And truly arrogant.

8 years ago

And there are people who gave away more than a dozen.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

are you following me or something you have been in like 3 or 4 different forums with me this week

8 years ago

Shh... We call this... It's a secret... an active user ;).

8 years ago

XD yeah im kind of off and on with this site not to regular just when i want to enter some giveaways check the forums or have something giveaway so i really wouldn't know

8 years ago

No, you're not worth my time. :)
There are many much more interesting people to "follow" around here. ;)

8 years ago

Like these guys?

View attached image.
8 years ago

OK, why is that gif one of the first image search results for "conga line?" O.o

Can I join this conga line instead, please? XD

View attached image.
8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

some people have to much time on there hands like really

8 years ago

You know you like it

And hell, someone wasted time making this

8 years ago

Holy puppies, that is amazing.Thanks, you made me smile:)

8 years ago

YES!

8 years ago

Why would you even make a thread like this? I'm sure someone decided they would be even more clever and gave away more copies of this game

8 years ago

this

8 years ago

nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo i just bought 5 copies of snow light...

$550 down the drain ;_;

omg it was $100 each copy, i also got scammed with $50 ;_;

View attached image.
8 years ago

Dat gif.

First time, or have you used it before? So good to have for these situations :D

8 years ago

Just great gif :)

8 years ago

lol

8 years ago

I was level 2 twice dropped to level 1 twice.... I just got sick of it....done with doing giveaways...

8 years ago

You know there's also another reason to give away games. :P

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Funhaus! :D

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

maybe don't expect bundle games to give you 100% value? You seriously expect to pay 1$ for something or even less and get 50$ value out of it? Yeah it's clearly the case of system being rigged against you and you will punish this bad system by not creating bundle GAs anymore ;p

8 years ago

Besides the situation described in this thread, are there other ways a person's Level will go down here?

8 years ago

Games getting bundled and only giving 15% of value.

Then third is they get removed from steam and error to 0, when fix from admins is needed.

8 years ago

Thanks for letting me know.:)

I was just curious as to whether or not the level would automatically go down if a person hadn't created a giveaway in a while, and I'm glad to see that something like that won't happen.

8 years ago

Oh, FYI, bundling/free is NOT retroactive.
If you giveaway a game and it's later bundled or given away free, your contribution value doesn't drop. The ONLY thing that makes it drop is:

1. Steam retail price drops.
  2. The bundle list [which is usually very slow to update] updates later on, for a game that was already bundled when you posted it [always check isthereanydeal/enhanced steam and/or Salenauts to see if a game has been bundled. A game counts as bundled if it drops to roughly 95% off or more, not due to being in something simply called a bundle. This includes international values, however, so always check what the lowest international price is, if giving away a currently unbundled game. You can use steamdb for that.
8 years ago

retro bundled games.
removed from steam.
giveaway deleted because it was a free game.
giveaway marked as not received because of revoked gifts.

8 years ago

Thank you as well, Mullins.:)

I have another question (since I have you here ;) ). I am currently doing a giveaway for Penny Arcade's Rain-Slicked (etc.) Part 3, but I had to choose the Part 3 and Part 4 Bundle option when creating the giveaway since there was NO option just for Part 3. I noted in the entry that it was just Part 3 and the reason why, but is that enough?

Will I get in trouble for having a "false" giveaway if someone didn't read my comment and then complain about it? I'm still pretty new here and I don't want to step on any toes.

8 years ago

the third part got removed because it was given away for free, so can't be used anymore for GAs.

here's an almost complete list with removed titles on sg.

you can't give away part of a pack, the winner will get in trouble because the 4th penny arcade will be flagged as not activated.

8 years ago

Thank you for the links, Mullins. I deleted the giveaway. I hope I didn't anger any of the people that had already entered the giveaway. :(

So, basically the rule of thumb is that if I cannot get the game to show up in the list when creating a giveaway, it is a taboo game.

8 years ago

you can't anger people that don't read descriptions xD (and they can't report you for that, you just lose a giveaway slot).

and yes, if the game doesn't show up, it's either disabled or not recognized by steamgifts (like games without price on the store, but you can send a support ticket to add them to the list).

8 years ago

I do appreciate all the help you've given me, Mullins.:)

It looks like I now am able to still do one more giveaway after the one I just posted. When am I able to get my "giveaway abilities" back? Do I have to wait a day or is there a longer timeframe involved?

8 years ago

you start with 3 slots and every 3 giveaways you deliver, you get 1 extra slot.

8 years ago

(Weird. Every time I've tried to reply in a thread tonight, I have to hit 'refresh' before it will work.)

Thanks again! I'm learning more and more about the nuances of this site.:)

8 years ago

She's helping people in her remaining time after she's done with leeching. :3.

8 years ago*

it's my duty o7

View attached image.
8 years ago

You've found out what my addiction is. I'm glad. <3.

8 years ago

I knew you couldn't keep posting in this subthread without posting a GIF.

8 years ago

I had a pithy remark prepared to send your way, and then saw your ratio! Holy Hannah! That is pretty neat that you have 20 Wins and 20 Gifts sent! That's got to be a pretty hard ratio to get!

8 years ago

Thanks. :).

8 years ago

Yes, you cannot put up a giveaway under a different label without getting suspended for it.

The two reasons a game doesn't show up are:

1. The game has been removed from steam and sg staff needs to manually readd it to the database

2. The game has gone free-to-purchase at some point [steam keys only, temporarily free-on-steam doesn't affect it since it doesn't affect trading/giveaways] and is no longer valid for sg giveaways [to prevent exploiting].

8 years ago

So basically I bought the game for nothing? Thankfully it didn't cost me much money (54 cents), but if I had known before hand I would not have even bothered.

Will the people that entered the giveaway be angry that I remove it and try to report me? I am going to remove it as I don't want to get suspended for it.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Thanks! That makes me feel a bit better. I do feel bad for the people that entered, though. At least I know for next time!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

I have made that list as a Favourite now, and I will check it every time before I purchase a game for a giveaway.

I hope the OP doesn't mind all my posts in their thread. LOL!

8 years ago

Well, if it's a steam purchase you can just refund it..
But yeah, you ought check if a game is free or bundled before buying.

I already detailed bundled above- just check steamdb for current value and the main tracking sites for previous- but for free games:

1. Check if the giveaway pops up in the Create Giveaway list.
  2. If it does, go check that there's no ongoing free giveaways for it [typically, unless you yourself got it for free, odds are rather overwhelmingly in your favor that it isn't :P].

That's really all there is to it. Of course, if you think the game SHOULDN'T be free [say, because it's relatively new], your main step is to check if it's still listed on Steam. If it isn't- or if it's relisted slightly differently, and thus likely as a different game listing within Steam's database- just put in an 'Add Game to List' support ticket and let sg staff know that the game may need to be manually added/associated to a new steam ID. :)

As far as people who entered your giveaway- well, points are free, anyone that gets crazy upset over an honest mistake isn't usually worth your time to worry about. It's really only an issue if you wait a long time to take the giveaway down [since everyone understands there's a risk to newly posted giveaways being removed due to an error] or take down giveaways a lot.

Sometimes it's possible to inform people to remove their points before you delete, but generally that's just not practical, especially for a public giveaway.

So, people getting upset with you for following site rules, just doesn't make sense :P

Really, don't worry about an honest mistake, they happen. :)

I would suggest reading through the FAQ and Guidelines, though, if you haven't already- while there's a woeful amount of things not clearly detailed in them, they do cover most of the important basics. :)

8 years ago*

There is a lot more to this site than originally meets the eye. One actually has to pay attention rather than just plowing ahead with a head full of steam.;)

Well, it did only cost me 54 cents, so I can just keep it and wait until it pops up on the Wishlist of a friend.:)

8 years ago

On the plus side, it's one of 3 and 4, which are actually decent games.
I was very unimpressed by 1 and 2, and subjective perspectives aside, there's some negativity surrounding the developer for those two [3 and 4 use a different, respected developer].

So if you find someone who missed it before, it ought make a good gift :)

If you're interested in the style, you should check out the developer's other game's [Cthulu Saves the World/Breath of Death double-pack]

P.S. Nono, you gotta plow ahead with a head full of steam here- posting non-steam games is forbidden! /pun :)

8 years ago

I did know that the first 2 parts had a different developer, but I didn't know that they were not as well liked. I'm waiting until I get parts 1 and 2 before I play them all through.

Cthulhu Saves the World is one of my favourite games! I've already completed it (didn't do any of the bonus modes yet). I also love the smilies that come with the game! I also own Breath of Death (obviously, I guess, since it's the pack), but have not played it yet.

When I first typed out the comment, there was no pun intended. However, after I read it, I was like "That's very punny!" ;)

8 years ago

It was a pretty amusing pun, I couldn't help but highlight it. :)

But yeah, apparently the switch in developer from 1&2 was due to how poorly that developer behaved. Though, I can't say I remember any of the details.
Given the bad reputation that Gabe from Penny Arcade has had, without looking up the details of the matter, it's hard to assume there wasn't some mutual negativity involved.

8 years ago

Glad you liked it.;)

I never heard about Gabe having a bad reputation. That's a shame, as I enjoyed reading the comics. Perhaps the success got to his head?

8 years ago

I couldn't say, I'm not especially into PA. But it was a big deal for a while, and he ended up having to eventually make a formal apology for his behavior, so..

And honestly, that's about all I remember, it was quite a while back.

8 years ago

Well, it's certainly more than I knew before! LOL!

And I sent you a request at Steam as well. Hope that's okay!

8 years ago

wow you guys made a long chain XD heres another suggestion you can trade that game for a different one if you find someone looking for a copy tf2 is a great place to find general trading

8 years ago

LOL! Glad you liked it.;)

Is TF2 something to do with Team Fortress 2? I don't play that game, so I'm not sure how useful that site would be. :(

8 years ago

tf2 is team fortress 2 abbreviated the game is a good place to trade

8 years ago

Thanks for letting me know.:)

8 years ago

you must create more GA :E

8 years ago

Konrads! Where the hell have you been, man?
How's life been treating you? Winning enough GAs?
Trades going well? We've all missed you. :)

8 years ago

i was always :D i joined 10 months ago and a few days ago crossed 100 won GA :D you can see im wining so often :D

8 years ago

And this is why I have trust issues, sg staff, this is why.

8 years ago

Awww, and gone he is again for two days. You were happy too early!

8 years ago

I was going to for this thread but the site doesn't accept any of my 4 different game keys

8 years ago

because probably there keys was for free

8 years ago

Probably but still I can't give those away I should probably trade them soon maby give away what I get

8 years ago

Yeah, dropping sux :) I was lvl 3... dropped to 2, then dropped to 1. (Not like I invested huge money in it, but it still kinda sux)

8 years ago

no, it doesnt suck. its just a protection against abusing the system. you should be rather happy that you was for some time level 3 with spending much less than most other level 3 useres^^

8 years ago

I guess that is right :)

8 years ago

You must have been expecting that you would go down at some point, Snow Light wasn't going to stay at 100$ forever...

8 years ago

honestly i thought it would stay $100 i really thought that dev was just an arrogant ass XD

8 years ago

I once went down from level 4 to level 1. Was really pissed off because the game wasn't listen among the bundled games before I bought it and I got 6 copies of it.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.