Title. Best answer will get a very thoughtful thank you and perhaps a gift if they don't have it already.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Valkyria Chronicles is on sale now for $4.99. It's a great game with a nice story, characters and fun gameplay. Watch the trailer for it first before deciding to purchase, some people like SRPGs, others don't.

I've personally put many many hours into it and still am only half-way through the story. There are other Valkyria Chronicle games (2 and 3)- but the first one is widely regarded as the best of the series. Runs great on my PC, they did a very nice job at porting.

Link: [Valkyria Chronicles on Steam]](http://store.steampowered.com/app/294860/)

I bought it back when it was on sale for $9.99 and have no regrets

8 years ago

Second this, this is SUCH A GOOD GAME, I just got it and loving every minute of it

8 years ago

+2 really great game, better port :3

8 years ago

I considered almost buying it but then I figured I know nothing about it. Should I take the plunge?

8 years ago

see any video about it for example: https://youtu.be/IL7RW7766iY?t=6m30s

turn-based strategy + rpg (stats/skillsk)

8 years ago

@vcvc8

Go ahead and take the plunge! It has a story that leaves you on edge, and keeps you wanting more. The characters all have great personalities and backgrounds which are expanded upon throughout the story.

The gameplay itself is very satisfying, and can be challenging at times. There are ways to "cheese it" through levels but if you play conventionally then you'll find a very charming experience by going through the levels.

Right now its the lowest price it's been in a while, so if the trailer seems interesting to you, then go ahead and pick it up.

8 years ago

ah, aside the main campaign you have scenarios too, and for get the S score you need 1st improve alot your trops.
Personally I really enjoy a lot this game

43h of game... I don't clear all the endgame :3 so still having fun

8 years ago

Well obviously you gotta buy Bad Rats.

But for reals.... uh How about Tomb Raider? I've heard many good things about the game, and have played it a little on console, it's pretty good and only 4 dollars. From the games you own you tend to like 3rd person games, so why not try a reboot of one of the most classic 3rd person games.

OR better yet buy both! :p

8 years ago

AoE 2 HD is at a fair price right now: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/33961/

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Well, it's hard to say if we don't know your preferences... Transistor is an awesome game and is featured in the encore sale. Child of Light is also very nice and cheap, if you like RPGs (and don't mind Uplay). A personal fav of mine would be Vulture for Nethack which I've played for hundreds of hours before it hit Steam... but then again you'd need to like the Rogue genre to appreciate it.

8 years ago

pew pew..... Insurgency... pew pew.

8 years ago

Terraria
Don't Starve
Insurgency
Castle Crashers
Age of Empires II HD
Dishonored
Chivalry
Fallout New Vegas
Payday 2
Left 4 Dead 2
The Witcher 1 & 2
Batman Arkham City, Arkham Origins, Arkham Asylum
Bioshock 1 & 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Worms Armageddon
L.A. Noire
Killing Floor
Hotline Miami
Papers, Please
Limbo
Risk of Rain
Rogue Legacy
Gun of Icarus Online
Mount Your Friends

8 years ago

One Finger Death Punch - over 7k positive reviews. Simple but great game with A LOT of levels to beat.

8 years ago

Second that one. Love the game very much. :)

8 years ago

Orion prelude normally 0.99 now 25% off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/
would be worth $20 but devs decided not to raise the price after it came out of EA a while back.

8 years ago

You mean the devs decided to lower it down to 0.99.

8 years ago

It was $1 a year ago when I bought it till now, and at a recent update it was announced that the price would stay the same despite earlier rumors of a price raise, so I don't see a lowering in that?

Or you must be referring to a moment before that, in that case I hadn't heard about the game yet so I would not know.

8 years ago

Yup,before that you had to pay full $20 for it, but the devs decided for some reason to change the price to $0.99.

8 years ago

confussion solved!

8 years ago

The Fall.

Play it, love it, share it with others, pass it on to your children.

8 years ago

If I have your money I will try Valkyria Chronicles too.

Is it "if i have" or "if i had" ?????

8 years ago

It depends on whether you have 7 dollars at your disposal right now.

8 years ago

If I had. Whether you have 7 dollars or not it's still kinda not the same since those are yours and the 7 OP has are his. It's like the phrase, "there are many x in the world, but this x is mine" (x being any common object).

8 years ago

you played a lot of tropico so maybe Banished (4,74€) is a game for you. Also Age of Empires II HD is on Sale for just 2,99€.

You also played Bastion so maybe Transistor is a nice Game for you.

8 years ago*

The Wolf Among Us is a great mature game. I loved the ark take on classic fairy tale characters. http://store.steampowered.com/app/250320/ - $6.24

If that isn't your thing, Child of light is very very good. Again, it has a fairy tale vibe but this time there's a solid jrpg vibe to it too. http://store.steampowered.com/app/256290/ - $3.74

8 years ago

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

8 years ago

Hey guys thanks for all the answers, my type is really games that have high replayability and my genre preferences range from everything to anything. I am currently considering Besiege but I'm not sure about it.

8 years ago

Warband.

8 years ago

Battle Block Theatre is $1.50, pick it up while you can

8 years ago

Already have, excellent game.

8 years ago

So is Castle Crashers, same price.

8 years ago

Also recommend Mount and Blade: Warband. I bought it at full $20 price and I don't regret it.

8 years ago

Fallout: New Vegas is a good game and the Ultimate edition is in your price range. My brother owns it and I've seen some people play it for over 400 hours so it does have high replay-ability. Judging from the Steam page and the reviews I would say it is a pretty game. People that I know have said great things about the game. It also has 96% positive reviews on Steam.

The second game could be Wolf among Us which highly resembles Walking Dead. It is a great story rich game and I myself got this in this sale. As a big fan of the Walking Dead series I would highly recommend this game. It has 97% positive reviews on Steam.

8 years ago

I have it already, one of the best games ever.

8 years ago

What about wolf among us? I myself was waiting for a sale on wolf among us.

8 years ago

wowowowowowo Mount and Blade: warband!! This is it!!!

8 years ago

I considered it too, but didn't enjoy the demo too much. Does it really reflect the gameplay?

8 years ago

I've played demo and tutorial and doesnt have anything to do with the game. I started being a nobody and ended working for a faction king, with a castle and some villages... BUT NO MONEY. Had to pillage and attack neutral factions in order to stole thins from them. Worth it.

8 years ago

Yes, It does if you plan to play vanilla. Later on the only thing that changes is that battles will be at larger scales (since you will have to join a faction or create yours and own a fief which will be some of your source of money), you'll have some companions who will improve the set of party skills, you will marry and own a few businesses etc. In MP you only control a character in up to 100vs100 battles.
If you want to install mods however, there are some good ones out there, but diplomacy mod is a must.

8 years ago

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
DreadOut
Batman Arkham Origins
Skyrim
Valkyria Chronicles

8 years ago

To give an advise on this matter you need to provide some info. Like what kind of games do you like?

Here for instance
http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204450/
But I don't know if it's your cappa

8 years ago*

I've just started E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. It's very enjoyable (takes some learning though as the tutorial is crap), and from what I've read it has pretty high replayability. Haven't finished it yet so I don't actually know this for a fact, but it's fun and cheap during the summer sale :)

8 years ago

Papers please http://store.steampowered.com/app/239030/ fucking really addictive you can try the demo to see how feel the game, whit a little story behind.
CS:GO if you love the sage or the FPS
*L4d2 (if you don't have yet XD)

8 years ago

Ikaruga is legendary and it's too bad that I can't see gibs made for it.

8 years ago

Path of Exile - Free

8 years ago

• Wolf among us.
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
  • Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero
  • Batman Trilogy ($4.99 each)
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Assassin's Creed (Some of the earlier titles are 4.99$ to 7.49$)
  • Garry's Mod
  • Payday 2
  • Transistor (Heard very good things about this one)
  • Child of Light
  • Dishonored (Another great title)
  • Witcher 1 or 2
  • Borderlands 1 or 2 (Personal favorites of mine)
  • Stanley Parable
  • Bioshock Series
  • Saint's Row
8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.