Hey now. There are so many Kickstarter threads, many of which are poorly titled or buried in "what's your favorite __?" threads; I wanted to make one mega thread where they can all be itemized. Will update as frequently as possible, please post a new comment here if there is a kickstarter thread posted on steamgifts and I haven't included it yet. As this is a gaming community I will give gaming projects priority in the list, but have included a non-gaming/interesting section at the end. Thanks.

Live projects that have surpassed their goal:

Ravaged // Original SG thread STEAM

• The game is called Ravaged, a post-apocalyptic vehicular first-person shooter. Think Mad Max meets Battlefield where a group of resistance soldiers fight for humanity while scavengers look to control it all. The game features over 30 vehicles and weapons, amazing post-apocalyptic maps and 10 classes to choose from.

Shadowrun Returns // Original SG thread STEAM (though whether or not backers get a free steam version TBD)

• Created almost 25 years ago, Shadowrun remains one of the most original and cherished role-playing settings. The game world’s origin story mashes-up the dystopian Cyberpunk future of a Blade Runner with the high fantasy creatures and races of a Lords of the Rings in an organic way that produces iconic characters, environments, and situations.

Yogventures! // Original SG thread

• Yogventures is going to be an open world sandbox game designed first and foremost as a multiplayer experience. The game will allow you to create and shape worlds, then easily share them and play with friends! We're going to take the idea of "build your own adventure" to the extreme. Yogventures will provide simple-to-use tools to design worlds that match your imagination and are packed with thrilling stories and epic treasures.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City STEAM if possible

• Valdis Story A.C. is a side scrolling action adventure for P.C. with an emphasis on intricate and rewarding combat as well as deep play style customization. The player will assume the role of Wyatt as they explore the ruins of a holy city that was lost many years ago. Wyatt must battle various types of demons, angels, and a new threat tentatively known as “Ferals” using swordsmanship, martial arts, and sorcery. There are many customizable skills and equipment that will aid Wyatt on his journey.

The Dead Linger // Original SG thread

• The Dead Linger is a first-person zombie survival sandbox in which you can venture into a vast, undead world, surviving and exploring in whatever way suits you best. We're creating a game first and foremost about your choices, and those choices determine your survival in this zombie-filled world. The goals you have are the goals you set. Scavenging, exploring, fortifying, building, barricading, and of course, fighting off the zombie hordes.

Live projects that have not yet surpassed their goal:

Police Warfare STEAM

• Imagine a game that draws inspiration from the large scale, multiplayer experience of a title such as Battlefield 3, and combines it with the cops and robbers style of Grand Theft Auto and HEAT. Welcome to POLICE WARFARE; a multiplayer first person shooter set in the world of armed robbery and law enforcement. Players will go toe-to-toe as either a member of the Los Angeles Police SWAT team, or the opposite side of the law, robbing banks as an armed gunman.

Grim Dawn // Original SG thread STEAM

• Grim Dawn is an action role-playing game for PC and a spiritual successor to Titan Quest. For the past two years a small team of former Iron Lore veterans at Crate Entertainment have been developing Grim Dawn with their own, improved version of the Iron Lore engine and tools; the same technology used to create Titan Quest.

Starlight Inception™ // Original SG thread STEAM

• Starlight Inception is a space combat experience with modern elements of strategy and tactics. You assume the role of a young space fighter pilot assigned to the star carrier U.S.F. Independence, deploying to hotspots throughout the Solar System during World War IV. Starlight Inception is a realistic and relevant 1st person / 3rd person free-roaming space combat experience. It has a unique blend of action with an involving storyline. Features include ship based combat both in space and on planets and moons, interplanetary exploration, and multiplayer dogfighting.

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road "A Year of Adventure" (Moebius)

• Pinkerton Road is the new game studio started by game veterans Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes. Our focus is 3rd person adventure games for PC and tablet with rich stories, gorgeous art and seamlessly fun play. Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines. She created the Gabriel Knight adventure game series at Sierra On-Line and the recent Gray Matter. Robert, Jane's husband, produced GK1 and has written music for many of Jane’s games. The Pinkerton Road studio is located on Jane and Robert's farm in Lancaster County, PA.
  • It’s official! Pinkerton Road’s first adventure game will be Moebius. Our early backers voted on 3 concepts and Moebius won by a strong margin. So what’s it all about? Story: Malachi Rector is an antiquities dealer who hunts down artifacts all over the world. After his upscale Manhattan store is destroyed in a fire, he's hired by billionaire Amble Dexter to investigate a series of events and document them in his meticulous way.

Leisure Suit Larry // Original SG thread STEAM

• It’s simple. We love Larry…Larry Laffer. We were there when he was born, in 1987. We were there for his last adventure, LOVE FOR SAIL, almost exactly 10 years later.

Sira STEAM

• In a matter of centuries, the face of the world was changed. Technological utopias grew so vast, they rose to the clouds. And while neon towers loomed tall, people forgot the ground on which they stood. But after a stellar mutation caused the Sun to evolve through eons of its lifecycle, deserted metropolises littered the Earth. Now, oceans are vanishing. The atmosphere is dissolving. And though the automated cities live on, billions are dead.

Boot Hill Heores - Wild West RPG with 1-4 Player Co-op // Original SG thread

• After an alleged attack by the Chepakwik Indians, the people of Bronco County are on the brink of war. Only a farm boy who knows the truth that can stop it. Together with his three friends - a gunslinging desperado, an Indian princess, and a calamity jane - he must expose a conspiracy by bringing to justice the six outlaws of the notorious Saints-Little gang. Their journey will take them through cowtowns, Indian villages, ranches, gold mines, prisons, and into the very heart and soul of the American Wild West. But on their epic adventure to right the wrongs of the past, will they see justice done or discover an even darker secret lying in wait behind the scenes?

Closed and successful projects:

The Banner Saga // Original SG thread STEAM

• The Banner Saga is a role-playing game merged with turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about vikings. Travel through stunning landscapes straight out of an animated film. Battle painstakingly hand-animated foes in strategic, turn-based combat harkening back to the classic "Tactics" days of gaming. Make decisions with consequences in conversations with people you'll truly care about.

TAKEDOWN (Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter // Original SG thread

• This project, working title TAKEDOWN, aims to change that. This game, the spiritual successor to games like the original Rainbow Six and SWAT series, will focus on realistic weapons modeling, squad based play, in a close-quarters battle setting. To succeed in this game you need to take things slow, study your plans, and execute flawlessly. If you get shot, there are consequences. You won’t be hiding behind a wall waiting for your health to regenerate. If a team member goes down, you will have to assess the situation and reallocate team members if necessary to complete the mission. Don't expect all of the tools and plans to be forced fed to you - it is up to the player to ensure their team is equipped and ready for the tasks at hand.

Wasteland 2 // Original SG thread STEAM

• For Wasteland 2, we’re getting the band back together again!. Brian Fargo who Executive Produced both Wasteland and Fallout will be heading the team. Alan Pavlish and Mike Stackpole—the original game’s primary designers—are coming back to put the project together, and we’re rounding up as many of the other designers, like Ken St. Andre, as we can. On top of that, we’ll have music by Mark Morgan of Fallout 1 and 2 fame. The storyline for Wasteland 2 was written by Jason Anderson who was the co-creator of Fallout. We have also enlisted the help of the amazing concept artist, Andree Wallin to help craft the Wasteland 2 world.

Double Fine Adventure // Original SG thread STEAM

• Over a six-to-eight month period, a small team under Tim Schafer's supervision will develop Double Fine's next game, a classic point-and-click adventure utilizing modern touch technology. Where it goes from there will unfold in real time for all the backers to see. 2 Player Productions will be documenting the creative process and releasing monthly video updates exclusively to the Kickstarter backers. This documentary series will strive to make the viewer as much a part of the process as possible by showing a game grow from start to finish, with all the passion, humor, and heartbreak that happens along the way. Double Fine is committed to total transparency with this project, ensuring it is one of the most honest depictions of game development ever conceived.

FTL: Faster Than Light STEAM

• FTL, Faster than Light, is a game coming to Windows, Mac & Linux made by Justin Ma and Matthew Davis. It features a blend of exploration, discovery, ship management and real time strategic combat that creates an experience quite unlike other games in its genre.

Closed and unsuccessful projects:

Non-gaming, interesting projects:

Hermes Spacecraft // Original SG thread

• We are developing the Hermes Spacecraft: a reusable suborbital spacecraft that will take passengers and payloads into space. We want to provide the ultimate joyride, a thrilling ride to space where passengers can experience zero gravity, see the curvature of the Earth below and the star-filled black sky above. Our mantra is “Space for All”, and we want to provide affordable spaceflight for all future astronauts waiting to go!

Pebble: E-Paper Watch for iPhone and Android

• Pebble is the first watch built for the 21st century. It's infinitely customizable, with beautiful downloadable watchfaces and useful internet-connected apps. Pebble connects to iPhone and Android smartphones using Bluetooth, alerting you with a silent vibration to incoming calls, emails and messages. While designing Pebble, we strove to create a minimalist yet fashionable product that seamlessly blends into everyday life.

PHX Pen

• It's a well balanced and high quality stainless steel pen that will be around for many years to come. A much nicer home for your pens than the traditional plastic housing. It's something you can definitely pass down to future generations. It's simply a really nice, sleek, and unbranded pen body that fits easily in your pocket. We feel it's the best pen $20 will buy. Plus, all shipping fees are already included (world-wide) to keep things super simple.

Remee - The REM enhancing Lucid Dreaming Mask

• Lucid Dreaming can be one of the most profound things you can experience in this life - but explaining it to someone who has never done it can be a bit difficult. It is so visceral and hard to put into words that it can rarely be related in a meaningful way to a non-lucid dreamer. Conversely, when a lucid dreamer meets another lucid dreamer comin' through the rye, general excitement and lots of note-comparing ensues. It almost feels like a secret club. We want you to be in that club, too.
1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Reserved

1 decade ago

lol

1 decade ago

There is a character limit to post, believe it or not

1 decade ago

You might want to read this article on Kickstarter

1 decade ago

It's a good article, and I agree. I don't mind losing a couple of bucks to risk, or just put them towards something I want to happen, but I won't put any significant amount of money towards a project unless I trust I'll get the products and preferably get multiple things I'm interested in. It was the Wasteland 2 dev blogs and concept art samples which sold me on the $30 tier (well, that and the chance to get two copies of the game, so I'll have one to gift).

1 decade ago

TL;DR

1 decade ago

You're hilarious. This thread is clearly not for you.

1 decade ago

TS;CR

1 decade ago

AB;CD

1 decade ago

Thanks cfriend, this looks like it'll be really useful. Just so people know, while the Banner Saga is fully funded, there is still time - a bit less than 3 days - to contribute.

1 decade ago

Thanks for doing this. Here's another one to add to the successful list:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64409699/ftl-faster-than-light

Also the Banner Saga isn't over yet.

1 decade ago

nice thread ^^

1 decade ago

Don't forget Hermes! Direct link here

1 decade ago

Thank you for the thread. :)

I hope you will update it constantly.

1 decade ago

Just a non-game suggestion to add to the ongoing list, if only because they managed to beat the old record for largest funded in like 2 days... Watches!?

1 decade ago

What? No love for "Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter!!!"? Pfft, too hardcore for you.

1 decade ago

We lost track of it when it became just another boring title.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Sweet!

1 decade ago

Nice work. You could also add the completion percentage of the live projects, I would be interested to see it before checking the kickstarter links :)

1 decade ago

With some of the more popular titles, that would change too frequently for me to keep up. I'd be more likely to organize the live projects based on time remaining.

1 decade ago

I love you so much for this. That said, you missed a couple:

Takedown (Successful)

Hermes spacecraft (Non-gaming)

1 decade ago

Wonderfull and should be stickied.

1 decade ago

Seconded. Sticky would be wonderful.

1 decade ago

It would also help people not make dozens of kickstarter dedicated threads. I know I did at least :p.

1 decade ago

Thank you for this list.

1 decade ago

Thanks! Just what we need!

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Banner Saga, although successful, is still live (just like Shadowrun)
Maybe have a successful (ongoing) section?

1 decade ago

Was going to say that. We need to reach the 600K $ at very least for the Orchestra, but 700K $ would be way better for the Player Owned Cities.

1 decade ago

Will do.

1 decade ago

I wish I had 25$ for Ravaged :( it looks truly nice to me and being able to be in the beta and getting the full game once it's released would be really cool. well, hopefully with some other nice project :)

1 decade ago

Don't forget about Ground Branch! I'm not sure when it comes to KickStarter tho :/. A game like good ol' Rainbow Six? Shut up and take my cash!

1 decade ago

Also an indicator for Steam-availability would be really convenient.
Steam: promised | if possible | unavailable
or somethin'

1 decade ago

If the OP wants to update, here are the Steam ones

The Banner Saga (Steamplay)

Shadowrun Returns (+ mobile tablets)

Wasteland 2

Ravaged 2

Starlight Inception (+ PS Vita)

Leisure Suit Larry

Double Fine Adventure

Grim Dawn

1 decade ago

A few more I've been watching...

Successful
(Steam promised) Auditorium 2: Duet
(Steam not available) Zombies, Run! (iPhone/Android)

Ongoing
(Steam promised) Sira
(Steam if possible) Valdis Story: Abyssal City

1 decade ago

Where is the steam confirmation for Sira?

1 decade ago

in their faq -- since it'll be free to play, and from the screenshots so far, it looks like it might be a mod using the source engine

1 decade ago

As a bigtime Diablo fan, I urge anyone who likes ARPG's to give a little bit to Grim Dawn. Titan Quest was fucking fantastic, and I have utter faith in that team to bring another excellent ARPG to the world again.

1 decade ago

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road. Add it and get backing.

1 decade ago

Looks like there are far more than I anticipated. I'll add all of these tomorrow after my exam.

1 decade ago

Updated with above info. Have excluded some successful projects, this thread is mostly to drum up discussion and funding, and closed projects don't need much of that :)

1 decade ago

The banner Saga just reached 600K (600%) and thus will have a Full Orchesrta OST.

Now that's some great news.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by cfriend.