Giveaways will have much more entries, like the twice total from now. Giveaways with around 5000 entries now will have around 10000. Will be really hard to win for everyone. Didn't you think about that someday? And there will be still more and more members.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

yes, f*ck this world

1 decade ago

And these guys won't create any giveaway

1 decade ago

More members should also mean more people that create giveaways.
So maybe the point generation will be reduced/tweaked again, so that people will think more before they enter every giveaway.
Other than that I see no problem with more members ;)

1 decade ago

But if there are double the giveaways, we would still only be getting 5%(?) total of the points needed to enter every giveaways, so in theory we could still only enter 5% of the total worth of giveaways regardless of the quantity created, the only time there is a noticeable point surge is when a large amount of giveaways are created for games you don't necessarily want, e.g The Ship. If you did want the ship you would still be stuck with the fact that you could only enter a limited number of giveaways.

1 decade ago

You're right about the 5%

It's still a "problem", since everyone gets those points, so OP would be right, that each giveaway will potentially have more entries - so one (out of many) way to prevent this could be to tweak the point generation.

1 decade ago

You're getting free stuff, why complain?

1 decade ago

Apparently, we hate people.

1 decade ago

People hate you.

1 decade ago

You can't hate her just because she's flat chested! :<

1 decade ago

BURN

1 decade ago

D:

1 decade ago

I'm not complaining, I just thought about that somehow.

1 decade ago

Sorry, I accidentally deleted our highly intellectual debate.
So, joining Steamgifts, you've broke "the balance" too. How are going to fix it?
What do you suggest in future? Any restrictions for new members?
If you've said "A" then say "B".

1 decade ago

And there will be more and more silly threads :<

1 decade ago

Facepalm thread

1 decade ago

201k in ~2 years. There is no way to get 400k when we have only 59 days.

1 decade ago

Why some people complain about every thread? And use the same sentences like "you are getting free games, isnt that enough?" or "another silly thread" or "use the sg enchantmen addon" (yes I am complaining now as well)

SalisMan wanted to discuss something and some guys said the point system should be changed if it comes to 400.000 members. this thread has nothing wrong imo.

1 decade ago

Thanks.

I'm not complaining, I just wanted to discuss and know others opinion what it will be like when we reach a lot of members. I hope you can understand me, my english isn't best.

1 decade ago

Your odds of winning increase every day, and they're better now than ever.

• The amount of entries in public giveaways has remained steady for the past 12 months.
  • The number of giveaways created on a daily basis has vastly increased.
  • A year ago we had 1 gift for every 8 users. Now we have 7 gifts for every 8 users.
1 decade ago

Any plans on adding more statistics on statistics page? Numbers are always nice to watch.

1 decade ago

Totally +1 here!

I love numbers,and graphs and percentages and all that stuff :D

1 decade ago

Why do I feel there should be a note that "A year ago we had 1 gift for every 8 users. Now we have 7 bundle games giveaways and 1 gift for every 8 users (from which 7 bought bundle)"...

1 decade ago

Total gifts created in the past 60 days (excluding developer giveaways).

• Bundle Games: 21,415
  • Non-Bundle Games: 22,861
1 decade ago

Is that all giveaway or only public ones? If it's the former, can you do the same breakdown of public giveaways?

1 decade ago

Public giveaways.

• Bundle Games: 16,091
  • Non-Bundle Games: 12,359

Group and private giveaways.

• Bundle Games: 5,324
  • Non-Bundle Games: 10,502
1 decade ago

Quite a good sharing, and that considering that many bundle games (quite a high percentage indeed) are quite good. I mean, they may have cost less than a 60$ Skyrim, but they are as enjoyable as any.

All in all, being bundled or cheap doesn't mean it's bad.

1 decade ago

I don't think that bundle games are the biggest problem. The second statistic shows three dates when the diagram goes up really high. I don't really know about the first one (I guess it was faerie solitaire?), but the second one is at the date when www.summerseal.com gave away tons of free Shadowground copies. Now it reached the highest point ever, mainly because of The Ship and Dota.

1 decade ago

Well if we left those games out (they are now considered bundled so I think they are included into that category) We are left with quite a good statistic, aren't we?

I mean, apart from loading issues and not finding games on where to spend my points it's not that bad. I think. Let me know if you differ.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by SalisMan.