the shower thought: a sg member, as "gamer" is kinda different. so we may have a different approach at gaming. let's share our view via Curators

the first thing first: not recruiting, or, even better, please, do not request to join the Group. we're still in "idea phase" and an "Invite only group" it's harder to manage. so, just wait for recruitment to be open.

so, who's a Curator?

Steam Curators are individuals or organizations that make recommendations to help others discover interesting games in the Steam catalog.
You can follow one or more curators to see their recommendations appear on your Steam home page and in your community activity feed.

to become a Curator is pretty easy. have a Group, "curate" (quickly review, like a "tweet-review") 10 games (owned or not) and your "curations" will appear in your followers feed, home page, and other Steam pages.

so, why not a Curator made in SG? that's why a SGurators Curator?

what's kinda ready:

• Group: SGurators with an already "spamming" Curator Store (that's the name Steam uses: store!) that looks nice enough with a very small dose of work (this is the 3rd group i create, tho, but i'm keeping it cause of its name). We have two Officers and one Mod.
  • Curator Store Page: you'll be surprised how fast and good the curating thing works. chose a game, write a line or two, if you want (do that!) link a video or a full review, and you're done. also, looks pretty professional, as a result! (perfect for the lazy reviewer)

that's all.
as per Settings, only Officers/Mods can write about / review / curate a game. while setting, discovered the Curator Connect (have the official words):

Curator Connect is designed to make it easy for game developers to send review copies to the Steam Curators with the right voice, personality, and audience for the game. Within Curator Connect, game developers will find the tools to search and filter the list of Curators to find the best fit and send a review copy directly and immediately through Steam. No need to mess with e-mails or keys.

as you may see, there's a lot to do and a bunch of good things that we could make. as usual, i'm not for big numbers, and more than ever, in this case. there surely will be giveaways for members, ways of sharing keys directly with mods and so on. lotta things, but seems to me, lotta good-a!

as a recruitment way, was thinking about reviewing a win, maybe something with Playing Appreciated, or Attrition

__ _ still building it_ • • •

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Closed 5 years ago by icaio.