Edit 3:
After reading all the comments and a bit research, here is my final selection (still open to suggestions):
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BX2C9J

1. Graphic Card: PowerColor RED DEVIL Golden Radeon RX 580 (the price is cheaper for some reason but I heard that it is fat, not sure if it will fit with stock cooler of 2600) (also RX 580 perform better than 1060 in Witcher 3)
  2. CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  3. Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus or GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WiFi (cannot decide)
  4. RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz or Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ (I can buy this at local store at cheaper price rather than LPX version, although LED is not needed at all. 2x4GB 3000MHZ price is also nearly 60% of 2x8GB) or go with 1 Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB and add another one later
  5. Case: Fractal Design Focus G Black Window ATX Mid Tower Case 
  6. Power Supply: Seasonic Ssr-550fm Focus Gold Series 550w (Although minimum System Power requirement for PowerColor RED DEVIL Golden Radeon RX 580 is 600W)
  7. Heat Sink and Fan: None, can be easy upgrade later.
  8. Storage: WD Blue™ 3D NAND SATA M.2 2280 SSD 1TB or WD Blue™ 3D NAND SATA M.2 2280 SSD 500 GB + 1 TB HDD 7200rpm (which ever is cheaper) or Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive for now, add 1TB SSD later
  9. OS: Win 10 Home 64-bit
  10. Monitor: FreeSync monitor (wait for BF discount)
    What do you think of the current build?

Original post:
Edit #2: Currently compiling a parts table based on all the comments!!!! Will update my list tomorrow!!! Thank you all for the advice and recommendations!!!
Long story short, after a 5-year Marathon, the AMD graphic card on my laptop decided to take a long break. Now I am thinking of building my first desktop PC, and I am seeking some advice before buying.
And here is Ended

The purpose of the PC will be both educational and entertainment.
For educational, I aim to run AutoCAD (sometimes in 3D), AutoCAD Revit (not complex structure).
For entertainment, I am hoping the new PC can run The Witcher 3 on high setting with 50-60 FPS. (And still possible to run Cyberpunk 2077 when the game is released).

Here are all the parts I selected based on the info on Logical Increments with the budget of CAD $900-$1100 (or USD$700 to $850):
1. Graphic Card: GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580. (I cannot decide which one to choose, do the level of the graphic card match the level of CPU? Should I get RX 570 instead?)
2. CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X (Should I get better CPU for Rivit?)
3. Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus or MSI X470 Gaming Plus (probably ASUS Prime B450-Plus)
4. RAM: 8GB DDR4, (Update: will upgrade to 16 GB)
5. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Titanium Green Full Tower Chassis with Window (PH-ES614P_TG)
6. Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 620 or SeaSonic SSR-650RM 650W.
7. Heat Sink and Fan: (Not sure if I need one, the stock HSF is enough if I do not overclock)
8. (Update) Storage: 250 GB SSD for OS, Office, and AutoCAD. Have two (2) 2.5'' 1TB HDD from old laptop. 1 @ 7200 rpm and 1 @ 5400 rpm (only a few months old)

#Main Concern:#
1. The compatibility of the parts (motherboard for later upgrade, say upgrade to 1080Ti)
2. Level of my current CPU and GPU (are they underpowered for what I need or overpowered)
3. Anything I missed?

There are 3 more GAs (Skullgirls, UNLOVED, and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition) that sadly already ended in 2 hrs (clicked the wrong time for 3 GAs, that is something isn’t it?). If you are interested, let me know and I will add you to my whitelist (as long as you give away more games than you grab). Stay tuned for more (more like March 7, 2019 when TW:3K is released)

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

We all know why you are here

View Results
Mainly here for the GA(s)
lol, wall of text, TLDR;
5 years on laptop??!! what game did you play for all these years?
Potato
I am here for the WL
Go find a PC building store and go ask them, you are in the wrong place

There should be no compatibility issues with your current build, and the size of the Red Devil won't interfere with the stock Ryzen cooler. The most issue you may encounter with the stock Ryzen cooler is if you are placing ram in the slot closest to the cpu, you may have to put it in before the cooler.

Edit: Also, noticed you posted in PSU that it says GPU requires 600w. I wouldn't be overly concerned about that, the 550W should do just fine. If you're ever concerned about the power requirements of your PC's, use one of these calculators to get an idea what you might need.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
https://seasonic.com/wattage-calculator

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Closed 5 years ago by ColdOut.