Chapter 2 (Dated: 24/10/2018):👆🏼 Currently Titled ☝🏼

MDT = Multi-category Discussion Thread | Category will change as per the nature of current discussion chapter. 

To everyone who is interested in the world of Nirn, online or offline, I urge you to check out this link after reading this post.

That post is about the current #OurElderScrolls events (started 18/10//2018) that they are organising to "Join us in celebrating the amazing ESO community with months of in-game events, prizes, and epic rewards!" copied as it is from source. Further details in this link.

At this point, some of you, at least, those who have read it till here, may be wondering if my post is about sharing the above links.

Well, it certainly isn't so. That is because the organisers didn't make this event/sweepstake(s) enterable by the whole world, as of yet. 3 states of the USA, some prominent countries of EUROPE & the whole of AFRICA, ASIA & AUSTRALIA has been left out, as of now.

Consider this a call to arms to raise your voice, even if it falls on deaf ears, against this travesty.

It would be even more helpful if you reside in the white-listed regions and are raising your voice for the brothers/sisters-in-arms who can't enter.

Here is the relevant Twitter post. I voiced my dissent through this medium.

Here are their other social media links (ranked as it is listed in their home page, horizontally):

1. Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
  2. Twitter http://twitter.com/TESOnline
  3. Google+ https://plus.google.com/111527370705040778007
  4. YouTube http://www.youtube.com/ZenimaxOnlineStudios
  5. Tumblr http://theelderscrollsonline.tumblr.com/
  6. Instagram https://instagram.com/elderscrollsonline/

Don't forget to use this hashtag: #OurElderScrolls and let them know that we will not go silently into the night.

Sincerely,
VdoGmr4mCal AKA andy15vg4c

Chapter 1 (Dated: 21/10/2018): 100 Websites That Shaped the Internet as We Know It | Gizmodo Article(19/10/2018)

https://gizmodo.com/100-websites-that-shaped-the-internet-as-we-know-it-1829634771

Excerpt below:

The World Wide Web is officially old enough for us judge what it’s produced. That’s right, it’s time for the world to start building a canon of the most significant websites of all time, and the Gizmodo staff has opinions.

What does a spot on this list mean? It certainly doesn’t mean “best.” A number of sites on this list are cesspools now and always have been. We’re not even sure the internet was a good idea—we’ll need another few decades before we come to any conclusions. In this case, we set out to rank the websites—not apps (like Instagram), not services (like PayPal)—that influenced the very nature of the internet, changed the world, stole ideas better than anyone, pioneered a genre, or were just really important to us. Some of these sites seemed perfectly arbitrary a decade ago and turned into monstrous destinations or world-destroying monopolies. Other sites have been net positives for humanity and gave us a glimpse of what can happen when the world works together. In many ways this list is an evaluation of power and who has seized it. In other ways, it’s an appreciation of the places that still make the web worth surfing.

Next year will be the 30th anniversary of Tim Berners-Lee’s first proposal to CERN outlining what he originally called the “WorldWideWeb” (one word). Since then, Berners-Lee has had a few regrets about what’s become a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster, and who knows what the future holds. Below you’ll find our somewhat arbitrary idea of the virtual destinations that mattered most, ranked and curated by the Gizmodo staff and illustrated with screenshots that exemplify their history, as we’ve played, shared, fought, and meme’d our way into the current millennium.

So, what's your view on this?

Edit: Forgot to add in MOOD MOOSIC earlier.

PS: Don't ask for my a/c ID of entry #13! XD

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Does Tom still have any Myspace friends?

5 years ago

The last thing I heard about him was about his diner.

5 years ago

4chan in Top50. I'm satisfied ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ)

5 years ago

The Onion ranked #4? It makes the whole list look like, well, an Onion article.

5 years ago

You should read the blurb about "The Onion". xD

5 years ago

lol ok

Still, that list is way too "American". There's not even a single Russian or Chinese site in there. Although you could say that any top 100 is by definition super biased and geared towards a specific public.

5 years ago

Gamefaqs brings me back, Sadly stickdeath was not on the list. :/

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

So you're saying I'm not a normal consumer as I could access the Internet affordably before 2010? XD

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

I was just joking.

5 years ago

Came across this the other day and it was an interesting trip down memory lane - Altavista, Ask Jeeves, GeoCities, even Goatse

5 years ago

i only used/heard about ~40 of those 😅

View attached image.
5 years ago

Nice, although I have heard about the majority of them, my current activities are limited only within the top 20s (amongst those listed here). Currently Steam & SG make up the majority of my browser's visits.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago*

4Chan is only 45th? It should be in top 10. And the description is awful. The journo has not a slightest idea.

5 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Well, no Steam, no arXiv.org, no last.fm, no discogs.com, no Piratebay, but there are 10 or so search engines.

5 years ago

Not trying to defend them but they did say that they weren't gonna include services.

TPB is at #16 BTW.

5 years ago

How come Steam is a service, and Bandcamp and eBay aren't. Ok, not Steam, then Battle.net.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

No zombo.com
No YTMND.com
No AlbinoBlacksheep, (aka the site where Ebaum's world leached most of their content from)
No Hatchoo!
No GameSpy network, including the "Planet <Game>" sites, which were kind of vital to the early modding scene. ...

But at least they list Goatse.cx.

5 years ago

I personally was hoping that the list would have included this: Abe Vigoda Status

5 years ago

People who are complaining that Gizmodo didn't accommodate sites from all over the world should check this out. XD

View attached image.
5 years ago

BUMP for Originality.

5 years ago*

BUMP for Solidarity.

End of Chapter 1 - No direct relation to current events in Chapter 2

Start of Chapter 2 - Post your comments regarding Chapter 2 events in the updated header post.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.